Abortion and deceit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who support abortion like to couch their views in deceptive language. Instead of calling themselves pro-abortion, they euphemistically call themselves pro-choice. They think having an abortion is a choice like choosing which neighborhood to live in or what kind of car to drive—but it isn’t. Far from being a mere choice, abortion is taking innocent life, and people who support it want to humanize infanticide with their sly word games.

If a woman finds herself in a situation where she is pregnant and not married, there is always the adoption route. In fact, there are over 2 million Americans who want to adopt, but many have to wait a very long time because the amount of available couples wanting a baby far exceeds the babies available.

In my opinion, abortion advocates should quit calling themselves pro-choice and call themselves what they really are: Pro-abortion. Deception is generally a bad thing, and by using the wrong term they are lying not just to themselves but to everyone else.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People who support abortion like to couch their views in deceptive language. Instead of calling themselves pro-abortion, they euphemistically call themselves pro-choice. They think having an abortion is a choice like choosing which neighborhood to live in or what kind of car to drive—but it isn’t. Far from being a mere choice, abortion is taking innocent life, and people who support it want to humanize infanticide with their sly word games.

If a woman finds herself in a situation where she is pregnant and not married, there is always the adoption route. In fact, there are over 2 million Americans who want to adopt, but many have to wait a very long time because the amount of available couples wanting a baby far exceeds the babies available.

In my opinion, abortion advocates should quit calling themselves pro-choice and call themselves what they really are: Pro-abortion. Deception is generally a bad thing, and by using the wrong term they are lying not just to themselves but to everyone else.
The only person playing word-games here is you.

What I choose to do with my body is my business; and I would certainly never have the gall to presume that I have the right to force someone to do with their body, what I decide they should do!

Anyway, this is a Christian forum where we seek Scriptural leading for our ethics. Anti-abortionists are a political cult that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity or Scripture.

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only person playing word-games here is you.

What I choose to do with my body is my business; and I would certainly never have the gall to presume that I have the right to force someone to do with their body, what I decide they should do!

Anyway, this is a Christian forum where we seek Scriptural leading for our ethics. Anti-abortionists are a political cult that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity or Scripture.

Exodus 20:13 says, “thou shalt not murder.” It’s one of the Ten Commandments. To an impartial observer, it seems odd that God would have to tell humans not to kill each other. After all, doesn't everyone have a sense of right and wrong? Shouldn’t it be obvious that killing other people is something no one ought to do? You can call anti-violence against the unborn a political cult all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that Christians should be obligated to enlighten women not to kill their babies given the respectable genocide that has been occurring in our country since Roe v. Wade.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exodus 20:13 says, “thou shalt not murder.” It’s one of the Ten Commandments. To an impartial observer, it seems odd that God would have to tell humans not to kill each other. After all, doesn't everyone have a sense of right and wrong? Shouldn’t it be obvious that killing other people is something no one ought to do? You can call anti-violence against the unborn a political cult all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that Christians should be obligated to enlighten women not to kill their babies given the respectable genocide that has been occurring in our country since Roe v. Wade.
Hmmm . . . The subject you raised was about abortion, and instead of defending your assertion about about abortion from Scripture, you switched the subject to “murder” which has nothing whatsoever with abortion. So do you want to change the subject to “murder”, which is the unlawful taking of life. I agree. You should not unlawfully take a life.
Why did you change the subject? Could you not find anything, not a single scrap of Scripture that says “Thou shalt not have an abortion” ?

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm . . . The subject you raised was about abortion, and instead of defending your assertion about about abortion from Scripture, you switched the subject to “murder” which has nothing whatsoever with abortion. So do you want to change the subject to “murder”, which is the unlawful taking of life. I agree. You should not unlawfully take a life.
Why did you change the subject? Could you not find anything, not a single scrap of Scripture that says “Thou shalt not have an abortion” ?

It shouldn’t be that hard to connect the dots: Abortion is murder. Luke 1:41 says, “When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.” The Bible defines the unborn as alive, so yeah, I have found a “single scrap of scripture” that says don’t have an abortion.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It shouldn’t be that hard to connect the dots: Abortion is murder. Luke 1:41 says, “When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.” The Bible defines the unborn as alive, so yeah, I have found a “single scrap of scripture” that says don’t have an abortion.

The Greek word translated there is brephos: an unborn child, embryo, fetus.

And as you connect your dots based upon movement of a fetus in the womb, you are of course aware that in the last two months of pregnancy, the fetus changes position a couple times an hour.

You say that an unborn fetus is alive, whereas most people who speak English call the day a fetus is born it’s birthday.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Throughout Scripture, the beginning of life takes place when God breathes into it the breath or spirit of life. You would have to tear a whole lot of pages from your Bible to connect your dots on that one. Can you actually see the dots you are connecting? Or are they just unfounded figments of your imagination?

You are trying to manufacture a fake sin which does not exist, and then force others to accept your fanciful additions to Scripture.

The Bible has very severe warnings to those who would dare to add or subtract from this Book!

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why should we let anybody dictate to us about the choices we make in life. I am anti abortion but I am pro free choice. How many of the women who have abortions are Christian? Do not judge other's choice against your own morals.

Reactions: Stan B

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then ...I suppose that all murder should be legal ....as well as pedophilia and all forms of abuse against children ...and rape. I mean, it's each person's choice what to do with their own body and if they're not saved, we shouldn't judge them.

Reactions: GEN2REV and Nancy

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why should we let anybody dictate to us about the choices we make in life. I am anti abortion but I am pro free choice. How many of the women who have abortions are Christian? Do not judge other's choice against your own morals.

Pearl, At my age I suppose I am neither pro or anti, because don’t think about it.

The Bible says children are a gift from God, given to us with no conditions or strings attached. They are a gift.

I know a number of women who have had abortions performed by God. They are usually called miscarriages (same word in the original). So if abortion is a sin, that would make God a sinner!!

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then ...I suppose that all murder should be legal ....as well as pedophilia and all forms of abuse against children ...and rape. I mean, it's each person's choice what to do with their own body and if they're not saved, we shouldn't judge them.

To be fair, people are technically allowed to do what they want with their bodies, but only insofar as isn’t doesn’t harm others. If a body mod enthusiast wants to disfigure himself with excessive tattoos and odd piercings, he is free to do so. But he can’t force someone else to get tatted up or have his lip pierced. And it’s the same with abortion: Women are free to do what they want with their bodies, but having an abortion is killing another living being, so that is where the line should be drawn.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fair, people are technically allowed to do what they want with their bodies, but only insofar as isn’t doesn’t harm others. If a body mod enthusiast wants to disfigure himself with excessive tattoos and odd piercings, he is free to do so. But he can’t force someone else to get tatted up or have his lip pierced. And it’s the same with abortion: Women are free to do what they want with their bodies, but having an abortion is killing another living being, so that is where the line should be drawn.
I was being facetious to make a point. I wasn't agreeing with the idea that abortion should be left up to choice.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 7:1
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pearl, At my age I suppose I am neither pro or anti, because don’t think about it.

The Bible says children are a gift from God, given to us with no conditions or strings attached. They are a gift.

I know a number of women who have had abortions performed by God. They are usually called miscarriages (same word in the original). So if abortion is a sin, that would make God a sinner!!

Um, God doesn’t point his finger and dictate that a miscarriage take place. Miscarriages or stillborns happen due to natural processes, not the Holy Spirit.

Jesus severely reprimanded people who attribute the goodness, grace, and mercy of God to evil doings. Look up Matthew 12:22-32.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate these kinds of threads bc it disturbs me to find how many professing Christians believe it's okay to kill a baby.

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:1
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

She wasn’t judging women who get abortions. Most pro-life Christians agree that women who abort their babies have been tragically misled by all the “pro-choice” rhetoric out there, and in sense they are victims of deception. And again, most pro-life Christians agree that women who have had abortions and sincerely repent must be forgiven and accepted.

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate these kinds of threads bc it disturbs me to find how many professing Christians believe it's okay to kill a baby.

I hear you: It shows how awfully deceived many Christians have become. It’s our job to enlighten them and bring them back to the truth.