Abortion As A Health Concern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Photon Guy

Jun 27, 2022
Union County, New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian I would like to see a complete ban on abortion and I think the overturning of Roe v Wade is a good start however there is the issue of abortion, or the banning thereof, as a health concern for women.

Sometimes abortions are done because the mother's health is at risk and there have been cases of both the mother and the baby dying when its been argued an abortion could've at least saved the mother. One of the reasons for the tremendous backlash in the recent overturning of Roe v Wade is because of that very reason, the mother's health. I think every attempt should be made to safely remove the baby if the mom is suffering from complications and every attempt should be made to keep them both alive and healthy. In Poland where abortion has been all but banned except for cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's health is at risk, has been hit with much controversy. A high profile case of Izabela Sajbor a mom who died in Poland due to complications is an example of why there is so much controversy in Poland, I will link the article below.
What lessons the US could learn from Poland's strict abortion ban

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think anyone is completely against abortion in extreme and emergency circumstances. However, I think Americans have in recent yearss become too secularized and permissive towards abortion. Perhaps now, people will slowly begin to reconsider some of their views.

"More than half of U.S. Catholics (56%) said abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while roughly four-in-ten (42%) said it should be illegal in all or most cases, according to the 2019 Pew Research Center survey."
8 key findings about Catholics and abortion

Also, before last month, American abortion laws were extremely liberal, so much so even on Washington Post (one of the most left-wing media outlets), there was an article arguing that people should have a more balanced perspective:
"Meanwhile, the United States has, overall, more permissive abortion laws than almost anywhere else in the world. It is one of only seven countries — the others are Canada, China, the Netherlands, North Korea, Singapore and Vietnam — to allow elective abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, as The Washington Post’s Fact Checker column has confirmed."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...9af73c-01a4-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

So even Europeans might not approve of American abortion laws, for they became far more permissive than even most of theirs.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem is, is where the heart of the nation is, if more than half of US Catholics reckon it should be legal, than that would suggest a majority are for abortion being legal in USA, however in the Southern states it is a different story and Pew Research agrees with that, in the latest findings from this year 2022, 61% percent of USA supports abortion.

In Australia the percentage who are for abortion is 76% according to ipsos.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-au/majority-australians-report-unwavering-support-abortion-access

And this is the problem in Western nations, it was a miracle USA was able to overturn Roe v Wade, but unfortunately a majority of the US population disagree, which is why so many are protesting for the right to abort.

However what kind of person would want to perform an abortion, someone would have to be pretty crazy to want to do a job like that...

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is, is where the heart of the nation is, if more than half of US Catholics reckon it should be legal, than that would suggest a majority are for abortion being legal in USA, however in the Southern states it is a different story and Pew Research agrees with that, in the latest findings from this year 2022, 61% percent of USA supports abortion.

In Australia the percentage who are for abortion is 76% according to ipsos.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-au/majority-australians-report-unwavering-support-abortion-access

And this is the problem in Western nations, it was a miracle USA was able to overturn Roe v Wade, but unfortunately a majority of the US population disagree, which is why so many are protesting for the right to abort.

However what kind of person would want to perform an abortion, someone would have to be pretty crazy to want to do a job like that...

Yes, I try to keep a balanced perspective, I know that some cases are very extreme and unusual. However, even if people criticize the Republicans on lots of other issues, I think abortion is one of the issues that they DO have a higher moral stance on. We should always try to fight for life over death, regardless of our political backgrounds.

If there is judgement in the afterlife...I think abortion doctors would have to face their sins most severely, perhaps even experience all those lost lives and connections their actions were responsible for. I would almost shudder to imagine how severely their spiritual crimes would be weighed in the hereafter, because it is not a laughing matter. :(

It is indeed a miracle that it was overturned. Although, I suppose, in several decades, perhaps if 2-3 of the Supreme Court justices retire, then the overturning might also be reversed, I'm not sure on how the exact legal process would work in such a case.

Reactions: Josho

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think anyone is completely against abortion in extreme and emergency circumstances. However, I think Americans have in recent yearss become too secularized and permissive towards abortion. Perhaps now, people will slowly begin to reconsider some of their views.

"More than half of U.S. Catholics (56%) said abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while roughly four-in-ten (42%) said it should be illegal in all or most cases, according to the 2019 Pew Research Center survey."
8 key findings about Catholics and abortion

Also, before last month, American abortion laws were extremely liberal, so much so even on Washington Post (one of the most left-wing media outlets), there was an article arguing that people should have a more balanced perspective:
"Meanwhile, the United States has, overall, more permissive abortion laws than almost anywhere else in the world. It is one of only seven countries — the others are Canada, China, the Netherlands, North Korea, Singapore and Vietnam — to allow elective abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, as The Washington Post’s Fact Checker column has confirmed."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...9af73c-01a4-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

So even Europeans might not approve of American abortion laws, for they became far more permissive than even most of theirs.
I am completely against abortion because the Bible doesn't supply any loopholes for anyone to murder a baby. The Bible clearly says it's wrong, therefore it's wrong. Anything else is just an attempt to place human reasoning over God's word.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion is a huge $$$ making industry. It's not for women's health. Planned Parenthood "donated" $50,000,000 to the Dem political campaign one year. Hmm

Reactions: LouisWilliams

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion is a huge $$$ making industry. It's not for women's health. Planned Parenthood "donated" $50,000,000 to the Dem political campaign one year. Hmm
Yes, and it's NOT like it's completely banned anyway, they could just have a neighbor literally drive them 1-2 hrs to a nearby state, if they REALLY absolutely had to get the procedure.

And yet, the angry college feminists today are still not satisfied, they keep spewing hate and death threats against pro-lifers on social media even now. They keep pushing the envelope more and more, and have no hint of the timeless humility or modesty like ALL Christian women are ideally meant to embrace. :(

And their cruel, racist attacks against Judge Clarence Thomas are ALSO very difficult to ignore or forget.

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may be contradictions here, but I'm more inclined not to do this. But you can go through counseling service near me This will help you decide on a solution, I would advise you to contact the experts

Last edited:

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian I would like to see a complete ban on abortion and I think the overturning of Roe v Wade is a good start however there is the issue of abortion, or the banning thereof, as a health concern for women.

Sometimes abortions are done because the mother's health is at risk and there have been cases of both the mother and the baby dying when its been argued an abortion could've at least saved the mother. One of the reasons for the tremendous backlash in the recent overturning of Roe v Wade is because of that very reason, the mother's health. I think every attempt should be made to safely remove the baby if the mom is suffering from complications and every attempt should be made to keep them both alive and healthy. In Poland where abortion has been all but banned except for cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's health is at risk, has been hit with much controversy. A high profile case of Izabela Sajbor a mom who died in Poland due to complications is an example of why there is so much controversy in Poland, I will link the article below.
What lessons the US could learn from Poland's strict abortion ban

Almost every state legislature has included the Mother's Health in their laws. It's not a reason ......it's an excuse. Don't be fooled .....

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Conclusions
This review offers the largest quantitative estimate of mental health risks associated with abortion available in the world literature. Calling into question the conclusions from traditional reviews, the results revealed a moderate to highly increased risk of mental health problems after abortion. Consistent with the tenets of evidence-based medicine, this information should inform the delivery of abortion services.
+++
Abortion for the sake of the mother's health is a lie. Women who have had an abortion need compassion, not condemnation.