ABOUT BAPTISM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

This is a stupid argument.

Jesus taught His followers MANY things. Are you saying that He was wasting His time??
What about the lesson of the Sheep and Goats (Matt. 24:31-46)??
The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)??
The Golden Rule (Matt. 7:12)??

Jesus taught His followers to be charitable - to be merciful. He told them NOT to be judgmental (Matt. 7:1-6).
According to YOU - He was an idiot for telling them these things because they should have already known them.

Finally - Jesus Jesus told His followers to keep His COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15).
WHY should He have to "command" anything if they already knew to do these things.

What an idiotic argument you present . . .
Did God need to tell Abraham or Abel not to steal or murder? Of course not. So why is it necessary for you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God need to tell Abraham or Abel not to steal or murder? Of course not. So why is it necessary for you?
Why is it necessary for Jesus (God) to tell you NOT to be judgmental??
Why is it necessary for Jesus (God) to tell you to perform acts of CHARITY??
Why is it necessary for Jesus (God) to tell you to have MERCY on your fellow man??
Why is it necessary for Jesus (God) to tell you to to LOVE your neighbor as yourself??

You NEVER answered the questions I posed in my last post. WHY did He say to "follow my Commandments"??
WHY
did He give Commandments in the first place??

I've taught 3rd graders who had a more intelligent understanding of the Commandments of God than you . . .

D

Dave L

Why is it necessary for Jesus (God) to tell you to have MERCY on your fellow man??
Why is it necessary for Jesus (God) to tell you to to LOVE your neighbor as yourself??

You NEVER answered the questions I posed in my last post. WHY did He say to "follow my Commandments"??
WHY
did He give Commandments in the first place??

I've taught 3rd graders who had a more intelligent understanding of the Commandments of God than you . . .
You do not understand the Ten Commandments nor the audience God directed them towards. Personally, if you need to be threatened by God not to kill or steal, I wouldn't want to ride in a car with you. Much less attend the same church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand the Ten Commandments nor the audience God directed them towards. Personally, if you need to be threatened by God not to kill or steal, I wouldn't want to ride in a car with you. Much less attend the same church.
And ONCE again, you avoid my questions.
Let's try this AGAIN, shall we??

Jesus taught His followers MANY things. Are you saying that He was wasting His time??
What about the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)??
What about the Golden Rule (Matt. 7:12)??

Jesus Jesus told His followers to keep His COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15).
WHY should He have to "command" anything if they already knew to do these things.

I eagerly await your reply to these questions . . .

D

Dave L

And ONCE again, you avoid my questions.
Let's try this AGAIN, shall we??

Jesus Jesus told His followers to keep His COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15).

I eagerly await your reply to these questions . . .
If your heart is so wicked you need God to threaten you not to kill or steal, you are not saved. He did not need to tell Abraham, or Job, or Abel not to do these things. He gave them new hearts that did not want to be wicked.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your heart is so wicked you need God to threaten you not to kill or steal, you are not saved. He did not need to tell Abraham, or Job, or Abel not to do these things. He gave them new hearts that did not want to be wicked.
Soooooooo, are you simply admitting that you CAN'T answer the questions I asked - is that it??

I asked you some fairly simple and basic questions about the teachings of Christ.
Why won't you answer them??

D

Dave L

Soooooooo, are you simply admitting that you CAN'T answer the questions I asked - is that it??

I asked you some fairly simple and basic questions about the teachings of Christ.
Why won't you answer them??
You do not understand enough about the law to ask the right questions.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand enough about the law to ask the right questions.
Actually - these have NOTHING to do with The Law.
These are from Christ:

NOW
- can you answer these questions??

D

Dave L

Actually - these have NOTHING to do with The Law.
These are from Christ:

NOW
- can you answer these questions??
If you are born again, you will do all these and more in love for God and others, by nature.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are born again, you will do all these and more in love for God and others, by nature.
Then why did Christ have to TELL the people to do them??
Why did He have to COMMAND them??

D

Dave L

Then why did Christ have to TELL the people to do them??
Most of Jesus' ministry happened under the Old Covenant where he spent much time reinterpreting the law. The Sermon on the Mount provides an example. But in the New Covenant, the Ten Commandments are good for instruction and commentary. But the Two Great Commandments from which the Ten hung, are the backbone of Christian ethics. Paul says even martyrdom yields nothing if not motivated by love for God and people. Jesus includes enemies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of Jesus' ministry happened under the Old Covenant where he spent much time reinterpreting the law. The Sermon on the Mount provides an example. But in the New Covenant, the Ten Commandments are good for instruction and commentary. But the Two Great Commandments from which the Ten hung, are the backbone of Christian ethics. Paul says even martyrdom yields nothing if not motivated by love for God and people. Jesus includes enemies.
And you STILL haven't answered the questions.
Why are you so afraid to answer them??

Why
did Christ have to TELL the people to do them??

D

Dave L

And you STILL haven't answered the questions.
Why are you so afraid to answer them??

Why
did Christ have to TELL the people to do them??
Your question reflect a gross misunderstanding of the New Covenant and how Christians have love as the motive for all they do. If you need the law, you are not saved. If you continually break the law you are not saved. Love on the other hand fulfills the law.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question reflect a gross misunderstanding of the New Covenant and how Christians have love as the motive for all they do. If you need the law, you are not saved. If you continually break the law you are not saved. Love on the other hand fulfills the law.
Christ's Commands are NOT the Law.
If you knew Him you would know that.

So, again, I ask you:
Why did Christ have to TELL the people to do them??

D

Dave L

Christ's Commands are NOT the Law.
If you knew Him you would know that.

So, again, I ask you:
Why did Christ have to TELL the people to do them??
If he must command you, you don't love him or others. Love does all that the law ever demanded and far more.

Reactions: mjrhealth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he must command you, you don't love him or others. Love does all that the law ever demanded and far more.
NOT the point. You keep dodging the point.

Why DID He command us to "Love" one another??
Why DID He command us to be merciful??
Why DID He command us to follow His commands, etc??

According to YOU. the Jews HAD to be told to follow the 10 Commandments - but Christians don't because they have Christ.
Soooooo, why DID Christ command His followers to do these things??

D

Dave L

NOT the point. You keep dodging the point.

Why DID He command us to "Love" one another??
Why DID He command us to be merciful??
Why DID He command us to follow His commands, etc??

According to YOU. the Jews HAD to be told to follow the 10 Commandments - but Christians don't because they have Christ.
Soooooo, why DID Christ command His followers to do these things??
How do you act like you love someone without being a hypocrite? You either love people because of the New Birth, or you act like it legalistically and hypocritically because you are not born again.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you act like you love someone without being a hypocrite? You either love people because of the New Birth, or you act like it legalistically and hypocritically because you are not born again.
That's NOT what I asked you.
Can you read??

I asked you why JESUS commanded His followers to do these things.
If, according to YOU, they would automatically do them anyway - WHY did He need to COMMAND them to do them??

D

Dave L

That's NOT what I asked you.
Can you read??

I asked you why JESUS commanded His followers to do these things.
If, according to YOU, they would automatically do them anyway - WHY did He need to COMMAND them to do them??
Which specific commands are you supplying scripture for?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which specific commands are you supplying scripture for?
I gave you some - SEVERAL times - but you keep dodging the question . . .

- What about the lesson of the Sheep and Goats (Matt. 24:31-46)??
- What about the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)??
- What about the Golden Rule (Matt. 7:12)??
- Love your enemies
, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back (Luke 6:27-30).
- Love one another
as I have loved you (John 15:12).