ABOUT BAPTISM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I gave you some - SEVERAL times - but you keep dodging the question . . .

- What about the lesson of the Sheep and Goats (Matt. 24:31-46)??
-
What about the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)??
-
What about the Golden Rule (Matt. 7:12)??
- Love your enemies
, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back (Luke 6:27-30).
- Love one another
as I have loved you (John 15:12).
This is all aimed at OT Jews most of whom were wicked and unbelievers. They thought they were good by not stealing even though they wanted to. However, the born again among them knew and practiced these promptings from Jesus. And the born again always lived a lifestyle reflecting these admonitions.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing in the Bible about the method of baptism, somebody said?
How about this:

John the Baptist was a 1st-century mission preacher on the banks of the River Jordan. He baptized Jews for repentance in the River Jordan. At the start of his ministry, Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

Seems to me they were going "under" ....... not just a little drop on the head.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all aimed at OT Jews most of whom were wicked and unbelievers. They thought they were good by not stealing even though they wanted to. However, the born again among them knew and practiced these promptings from Jesus. And the born again always lived a lifestyle reflecting these admonitions.
And this is just another cheap interpretation made by a guy who has been beaten up with the truth pretty badly over the last few pages . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in the Bible about the method of baptism, somebody said?
How about this:

John the Baptist was a 1st-century mission preacher on the banks of the River Jordan. He baptized Jews for repentance in the River Jordan. At the start of his ministry, Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

Seems to me they were going "under" ....... not just a little drop on the head.
"Seems to me" is where you made your mistake . . .

There is not ONE SINGLE verse in ALL of the NT that illustrates the method of Baptism.
That is a fact.

As Christians, we rely on Apostolic Tradition for the method.

D

Dave L

And this is just another cheap interpretation made by a guy who has been beaten up with the truth pretty badly over the last few pages . . .
Jesus ministered and spoke under the Old Covenant. We are under the New Covenant and abide in all of his teaching the apostles imported into the New Covenant. But the Old Covenant is no longer our rule of faith.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ministered and spoke under the Old Covenant. We are under the New Covenant and abide in all of his teaching the apostles imported into the New Covenant. But the Old Covenant is no longer our rule of faith.
And once again - you fail to show where the Commandments have been abolished.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was Baptized in the Catholic Church as a baby, is this sufficient? If one is Baptized as a baby, in whatever denomination, is this good enough or does one need to be Baptized as an adult?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was Baptized in the Catholic Church as a baby, is this sufficient? If one is Baptized as a baby, in whatever denomination, is this good enough or does one need to be Baptized absinthe as an adult?
The Bible presents only one kind of Christian baptism -- believer's baptism. Please study the book of Acts of the Apostles for many examples.

Reactions: Nancy