Abuse in the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Didn't offend me either, but if a man asks me to forgive him, I'm going to do it. :)
th_goodpoint.gif
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but forgive him for what??? thats the question ..............
nothingtoadd.gif

so far IMO he's apologized for nothing and it doesn't look like he's going mention just what he did that he feels he needs to be apologized for

In that is it a true apology? or simply a clean get away LOL

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
bytheway said:
Well, looks like they will soon see whom are mature and those still on milk. No ministry is perfect. This Minister here is doing what so many fathers at home are not doing. To many Churches today pass out pacifiers and set up playpens. Keep them happy and pass the the plate.
I agree with this. I have to wonder how many people thought that Paul was rude when he ridiculed them for taking to a preacher that slapped them around. He said that maybe he should have slapped them if it would get them to listen. People have the mistaken impression that a pastor is supposed to be nice, and it's just not true. Give me a surly pastor who tells me what I need to hear over a charismatic pastor who tickles my ears with flattery. That's just how I see it.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Rex said:
th_goodpoint.gif
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but forgive him for what??? thats the question ..............
nothingtoadd.gif

so far IMO he's apologized for nothing and it doesn't look like he's going mention just what he did that he feels he needs to be apologized for

In that is it a true apology? or simply a clean get away LOL
He apologized for lashing out in anger, which means 1) humility, and 2) he recognizes his anger was counterproductive (for whatever reason; I don't care). Forgiveness is a healing balm; I will freely give it.

Reactions: This Vale Of Tears

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
He apologized for lashing out in anger, which means 1) humility, and 2) he recognizes his anger was counterproductive (for whatever reason; I don't care). Forgiveness is a healing balm; I will freely give it.
Ooohh Is see it's a personal issue, I didn't realize he was speaking out of anger.
He needs to ask God for forgiveness because he certainly didn't offend me.

This is all he said to me and I can kind of see his anger, funny isn't it he tells us we need humility and he's the one that's angry.

What is truly prideful and arrogant is thinking you know what is and isn't inspired by the Holy Spirit. Like a wind, He cannot be contained, fathomed, or predicted. Both of you are in serious need of some humility.
Now If he would like to apologize for the remarks I'll listen to that, and forgive him, but to forgive him for speaking out of anger I don't think so. It doesn't change what he said.
I wish I could do a Donald Sutherlands voice in Kelly's Heroes
"It's a Spiritual war baby, you better learn which side your on and how it works"

kellysheroes2t1oddball.jpg