Accepting wrong

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could picture it in my head:

The moment hubby said one wrong thing, I'd threaten to cancel his Mom's birthday party, regardless of the consequences. It'd be what he deserved for not helping me with cleaning and decorating.

His sleep schedule still is off and he probably didn't mean anything by sleeping late. But resentment doesn't like excuses.

Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of that pesky Bible verse about accepting wrong rather than cheating others.

I knew then that God would have me accept this more graciously than I imagined. I know the Bible calls us to serve rather than be served and to do all things without grumbling and complaining.

Anger is not a sin but vengeance belongs to the Lord.

In the past, I allowed resentment to build up until I exploded. After all, anger feels good sometimes. Complaining feels good.

Selflessness is the harder road. I guess that's why they call it dying to self.

But I know I can yield to the Lord's guidance on this one. I'm in good hands in trying to please Him.

When hubby wakes up, I will have more to do. But the Holy Spirit is good at His work. The resentment has been squashed.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The moment hubby said one wrong thing, I'd threaten to cancel his Mom's birthday party, regardless of the consequences. It'd be what he deserved for not helping me with cleaning and decorating.

His sleep schedule still is off and he probably didn't mean anything by sleeping late. But resentment doesn't like excuses.

Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of that pesky Bible verse about accepting wrong rather than cheating others.

I knew then that God would have me accept this more graciously than I imagined. I know the Bible calls us to serve rather than be served and to do all things without grumbling and complaining.

In the past, I allowed resentment to build up until I exploded. After all, anger feels good sometimes. Complaining feels good.

But I know I can yield to the Lord's guidance on this one. I'm in good hands in trying to please Him.

When hubby wakes up, I will have more to do. But the Holy Spirit is good at His work. The resentment has been squashed.
Kudos to you Sister Wynona, one has to own up and accept blame.

I commend you for it!

Reactions: Wynona

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I remember why I'm single! :)

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona