Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am trying my best to show folks that have skipped and taught folks to skip Acts 2:38 that they do not have remission of sins and forbid remission of sins to their converts.

Where has anyone said to "skip Acts 2:38"? What is the source of your disinformation?

Reactions: mailmandan

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Obey it!

What are you talking about??? Have you "lost it" entirely?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where has anyone said to "skip Acts 2:38"? What is the source of your disinformation?
They don't always say those exact words, but tell everyone it is not what it seems to look like as it appears. They cleverly use verses to try to weaken it out of context.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about??? Have you "lost it" entirely?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Obey it!

Highlighting is "losing it"?

That is all I did.

I think it is the other way around.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't always say those exact words, but tell everyone it is not what it seems to look like as it appears. They cleverly use verses to try to weaken it out of context.

Who is "they"?

Why are you so convinced that your (mis)interpretation of a single verse is the basis for salvation?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is "they"?

Why are you so convinced that your (mis)interpretation of a single verse is the basis for salvation?
Most of Christendom is "they".

This is a misinterpretation?...

How else should I see it?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

So are you saying that even though a person has repented until they are baptised they do not receive remission of their sins?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying that even though a person has repented until they are baptised they do not receive remission of their sins?
Correct.

Yes, repentance only qualifies a person for being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of one's sins.

When I got rid of stuff and sought change prior to baptism, it did not end my need for baptism.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

Yes, repentance only qualifies a person for being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of one's sins.

When I got rid of stuff and sought change prior to baptism, it did not end my need for baptism.

So is your faith in Jesus for salvation or the guy who baptized you.

Water baptism is a work of another man on your behalf. So if you have faith in that your faith is works.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Correct.

Thank for clarifying but my belief is that once you have repented and asked forgiveness and accepted Jesus you are born again and your sins forgiven.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank for clarifying but my belief is that once you have repented and asked forgiveness and accepted Jesus you are born again and your sins forgiven.

That's what Paul believed also!

Eph. 1:13

" In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"

No water baptism here!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With your eyes open and an attempt to understand what it actually says. As I wrote elsewhere, you're basing doctrine on a few out-of-context words. Try to understand the truth and you might get somewhere.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truther (as he calls himself) is trying to build an entire doctrine on some of the words of a single verse. He ignores what the rest of Scripture says. He is just trying to make a name for himself. In my opinion he looks more and more foolish with every post. I feel sorry for him!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am only creating a translation that Acts skippers would be comfortable with.

Acts skippers are the mocked, via their views of Acts 2;38, Romans 6 and Mark 16:16 etc.

You're not creating a valid translation! You're taking part of one verse in one "book" and building false doctrine on it. What you're claiming is at odds with the New Testament.

You're in love with your "Acts skippers" phrase, but it's total nonsense. Nobody is skipping the "book" of Acts because they disagree with your interpretation.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Truther (as he calls himself) is trying to build an entire doctrine on some of the words of a single verse. He ignores what the rest of Scripture says. He is just trying to make a name for himself. In my opinion he looks more and more foolish with every post. I feel sorry for him!
Perhaps he is just saying what he has been (wrongly) taught. We don't all get to build on such firm foundations. I was blessed.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not creating a valid translation! You're taking part of one verse in one "book" and building false doctrine on it. What you're claiming is at odds with the New Testament.

You're in love with your "Acts skippers" phrase, but it's total nonsense. Nobody is skipping the "book" of Acts because they disagree with your interpretation.

I believe @Truther is relating the NT church was born in Acts chapter two, and the salvation message given by Peter AND the rest of the APOSTLES which were with him has not changed...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The epistles were written to the church of saved saints which were saved through the Book of Acts.

Unfortunately, today folks "skip" Peter's reply and go to the epistles.

Reactions: Truther

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe @Truther is relating the NT church was born in Acts chapter two, and the salvation message given by Peter AND the rest of the APOSTLES which were with him has not changed...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The epistles were written to the church of saved saints which were saved through the Book of Acts.

Unfortunately, today folks "skip" Peter's reply and go to the epistles.

I always flinch when I read something like "today folks "skip" Peter's reply and go to the epistles". What do you base this on, other than your own faulty judgement of other Christians?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes Acts 2:38 irrelevant.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the repentance that saves you - the turning away from your sin and accepting Jesus.

It’s the Shed Blood of Jesus Plus Nothing other than your “ FAITH” in that Shed Blood That Saves Anybody...

“ Repent Of your Sins in order to be Saved” is Nowhere to be found in the KJV....Prove me Wrong and I will give you $1000.....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With your eyes open and an attempt to understand what it actually says. As I wrote elsewhere, you're basing doctrine on a few out-of-context words. Try to understand the truth and you might get somewhere.

What am I failing to see here?