Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said one must break his mother's water to be saved?

Is that what Christendom teaches?

Do they insult Jesus like that?

Looks like those that are born by C section are not saved.

Trippy.

Nonsense! Born of water is natural birth. It is not baptism.

There are two births required to be saved: natural birth and spiritual birth. That is the clear meaning of Scripture.

Believing the Bible is not insulting Jesus!

P.S. Your comment about C-section is absurd. Don't you realize that babies that are in the womb are immersed in amniotic fluid, regardless of the delivery method? Really???

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense! Born of water is natural birth. It is not baptism.

There are two births required to be saved: natural birth and spiritual birth. That is the clear meaning of Scripture.

Believing the Bible is not insulting Jesus!

P.S. Your comment about C-section is absurd. Don't you realize that babies that are in the womb are immersed in amniotic fluid, regardless of the delivery method? Really???
I was speaking of this....

In a phenomenon known as en caul births, a woman can give birth to a baby without the water breaking first.

....Out of mama and water intact.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Jesus was saying one is not technically born until the water is broken?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a person be alive in Christ before being buried with Christ via baptism per Rom 6?

Yes or no?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that baptism in Rom. 6 is spiritual and not the physical water baptism.
Like this?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized BY THE HOLY GHOST into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism OF THE HOLY GHOST into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together BY THE HOLY GHOST , we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified BY THE HOLY GHOST with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead BY THE HOLY GHOST is freed from sin.

Does that correlate with this?...

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking of this....

In a phenomenon known as en caul births, a woman can give birth to a baby without the water breaking first.

....Out of mama and water intact.

This is clearly sophistry. You were not speaking of en caul births! It doesn't matter if the water breaks before the baby is born or after it is still "birth by water".

"Born of water" refers to natural birth. Born of the Spirit" refers to spiritual birth.

Reactions: Charlie24

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is clearly sophistry. You were not speaking of en caul births! It doesn't matter if the water breaks before the baby is born or after it is still "birth by water".

"Born of water" refers to natural birth. Born of the Spirit" refers to spiritual birth.
So, Jesus was saying you must not be baptized to be saved, but only Spirit baptized,as per later in Mark 16:16 ?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Act 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The most important word here is 'repent' - turn away from your sin. Baptism though is not always possible immediately because some denominations count infant blessing/Christening as baptism, which it is not. The Church of England does and so do Catholics but if you belong to those churches be bold and seek true baptism elsewhere.

And in my own experience I received the gift of the Holy Spirit prior to baptism.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The most important word here is 'repent' - turn away from your sin. Baptism though is not always possible immediately because some denominations count infant blessing/Christening as baptism, which it is not. The Church of England does and so do Catholics but if you belong to those churches be bold and seek true baptism elsewhere.

And in my own experience I received the gift of the Holy Spirit prior to baptism.
Are bath's that hard to find in history?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the repentance that saves you - the turning away from your sin and accepting Jesus.
Repentance forgives, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ remits.

Remittance is permanent, forgiveness is conditional.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are bath's that hard to find in history?
We have baptised somebody in our bath and one church used the local swimming pool. My point is that some churches will tell you don't need to be baptised because you were 'done' as a baby. So as new born again Christians it may take time to find out the truth. When I did just that after being a Christian for seven years I left and went where I could be baptised properly.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! You finally "get it"!
Like this?...

16 He that believeth and is NOT baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Or this?...

16 He that believeth and is SAVED shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have baptised somebody in our bath and one church used the local swimming pool. My point is that some churches will tell you don't need to be baptised because you were 'done' as a baby. So as new born again Christians it may take time to find out the truth. When I did just that after being a Christian for seven years I left and went where I could be baptised properly.
Great.

It takes folks that are mature enough to repent to qualify for baptism for the remission of their sins per Acts 2:38.

Repenance is our part.

Baptism is the Church's part.

The Holy Ghost is God's part.

Everybody has a part in salvation of a soul.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pearl Interesting that in Acts 2.41 ppl believed ('gladly received his word') and they were afterwards baptized... :)

Reactions: Pearl and Truther

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I will start an "Acts Skippers Bible".

This will be fun.

They have this to read...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ(Father, Son, Holy Ghost) for the remission of sins(because you are ALREADY SAVED), and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have this to read...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ(Father, Son, Holy Ghost) for the remission of sins(because you are ALREADY SAVED), and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Great verse!

Howbout this one...

16 He that believeth and is SAVED shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

You like it?

Reactions: user

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 6 ASB(Acts skippers Bible)...

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were NOT baptized BUT WERE SPIRIT FILLED into Jesus Christ were NOT baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are NOT buried with him by baptism into death BUT OF THE SPIRIT.