ACTS 2 PENTECOST

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm not sure what is meant by redundancy in the context of Scripture. What counts surely is the integrity of the text, as given by the Spirit.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would there be red flags by accepting six repeats of "one thousand years" as exactly that -- 1,000 years? The number *defines* itself, or if you wish you can factor it as 100 x 10, or any other factor

Because the 1,000 years is NOT a literal number! The term 1,000 years was written as “words” not numerically. Therefore, 2Timothy 3:16 and 1Corinthians 2:14 must be utilized. Is there a spiritual significance meaning to the term 1,000 years? Most definitely. We’ll just have to search the Scripture for the spiritual meaning and when you will have found the spiritual meaning, you will have the joy that all the term 1,000 years fits together in the verses mentioned.

The question you should have asked yourself is "Why did God repeat one thousand years six times within seven verses?" What was He trying to tell us? Is it important or not?

Anytime we find a word, phrase, repeated in Scripture they mean God is driving home a point.

Evidently you have not studied Bible prophecy in depth, else you would not have asked such a question

So now you have become my judge for someone who does not even know there is a spiritual significance in the term 1,000 years?

I say this kindly and with love. We have for the most part in the past have agreed on many doctrines taught in Scripture. To my surprise, am I beginning to see the real Enoch 111? I know we all have “feet of clay” but that should not create a dissension between us.

To God Be The Glory

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because the 1,000 years is NOT a literal number!
Just imagine! What if your bank sent you a note saying that the $1000 in your account is not literal? I'm sure you would accept that as perfectly true.
The term 1,000 years was written as “words” not numerically.
So what? We do that all the time. If you still write cheques, you will write out One Thousand Dollars only and in the appropriate space write $1,000.00.

When Christians resort to SPECIOUS ARGUMENTS to protect their false doctrines, it is truly pathetic.