Acts 20:28 and The Deity of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it does NOT say this is Col 2:9, there is NO mention of the Father and Holy Spirit, and I have shown that the correct Greek is DEITY, which would won't accept because if you do, then your theory is destroyed!
I believe in the inerrancy of the kjv as concerning doctrine.

You reject that at your own spiritual peril.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus in His physical body is confined to immortal flesh and He is therefore not Omnipresent except in the Person of the Holy Ghost.

How many Spirits are there (Ephesians 4:4)?

Is Jesus an Omnipresent Spirit; and the Holy Ghost also an Omnipresent Spirit?

Now you have two Spirits!

This is heresy, hw! You have limited the Saviour's ability as God.

I don't know who taught this to you!

But I know its source is from a misunderstanding of the Trinity.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your "trinity" is HERETICAL!

I have nothing further to say to you are your are not interested in Bible Truth!

I am in good company with Paul the apostle.

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

The Holy Spirit taught this to me, friend.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

He believes in a FALSE, HERETICAL God, His "theology" would mean that It was not Jesus Christ Who was Born, but also the Father and Holy Spirit. It was THREE Persons Who were walking on earth, and not as the Bible says, ONE, Jesus Christ Who is the God-Man. That the Father and Holy Spirit were also crucified on the Cross! This is the HIGHEST HERESY!

Reactions: Charlie24

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He believes in a FALSE, HERETICAL God, His "theology" would mean that It was not Jesus Christ Who was Born, but also the Father and Holy Spirit. It was THREE Persons Who were walking on earth, and not as the Bible says, ONE, Jesus Christ Who is the God-Man. That the Father and Holy Spirit were also crucified on the Cross! This is the HIGHEST HERESY!

It was not 1/3 of God who descended to become a Man; and neither was it a 2nd God.

1Ti 3:16, And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I certainly agree!

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Patripassianism is substantiated by such passages as Romans 4:24-25 (with Galatians 1:1) and Hebrews 9:15-22.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I certainly agree!

So, you both believe, contrary to scripture (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11), that the Father did not dwell in Jesus Christ when He walked the earth.

Was Jesus a 2nd God in your opinions or 1/3 of God?

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 14:61, But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
Mar 14:62, And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mar 14:63, Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
Mar 14:64, Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, now I am in good company with Jesus Christ in my testimony concerning Him.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following scripture identifies what are doctrines of devils.

1Ti 4:1, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2, Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3, Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4, For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5, For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
1Ti 4:6, If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many Spirits dwelt in Jesus Christ, according to Ephesians 4:4?

Jesus is God but He is devoid of the Holy Spirit; and the Father does not dwell within Him?

Jesus has one Spirit!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you both believe, contrary to scripture (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11), that the Father did not dwell in Jesus Christ when He walked the earth.

Was Jesus a 2nd God in your opinions or 1/3 of God?

That is ridiculous! You obviously do not understand the Godhead exists in 3 divine persons having the same divine nature.

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is ridiculous! You obviously do not understand the Godhead exists in 3 divine persons having the same divine nature.
The same Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) is that divine nature.

God the Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24);

And He is come in the flesh (Isaiah 9:6, John 14:7-11, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

He also released His same Spirit back to the Father (Luke 23:46);

Because He did not VACATE ETERNITY when He descended to become a Man.

That would be impossible.

For if anyone dwells in eternity (see Isaiah 57:15), they dwell there for ever.