Acts 3:25 the Jews heirs of the covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Two Israels.

Romans 9
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

1. Of Israel:
Not all Israel
The children of the flesh
Not the children of God
Not the children of the promise
Not counted for the seed

2. All Israel:
Not of Israel
Not the children of the flesh
The children of God
The children of the promise
Counted for the seed

Only one of these two Israels shall be saved.

Romans 11

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Only the faithful obedient spiritual "all Israel", comprised of the believing elect beloved remnant from Israel (Romans 9:27; Romans 11:1-5,26,28), and believers from among the Gentiles (Romans 11:11), shall be saved.
Better read Romans 11 again

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to think I'm following the Bible, but hey, we all need help in understanding what we read. I mean f that wasn't the case, we wouldn't have so many Bible aids would we?
You danced around the question "Why"?

Do you follow the teachings of Charles Taze Russell (Yes-No)?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not much of a dancer

Of course, I'm a "Russellite" remember?
I now know by a direct response that you follow Charles Taze Russel and his teachings, with Russel being the founder of the (Jehovahs Witnesses)

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I now know by a direct response that you follow Charles Taze Russel and his teachings, with Russel being the founder of the (Jehovahs Witnesses)
NO!, Russell was NOT the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses. He was the Founder of the Bible Students. Joseph Rutherford was the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

There are major differences between us, as you can see from the debates I have with them here.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO!, Russell was NOT the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses. He was the Founder of the Bible Students. Joseph Rutherford was the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

There are major differences between us, as you can see from the debates I have with them here.
Thanks for the info, your a follower of Charles Taze Russel

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have attended Calvary Chapels most of my life (Chuck Smith) Costa Mesa CA, I have also attended Baptist, Assembly of God, and four square for shorter times

I have known many Jehovahs Witnesses in my life, and have attended Kingdom Halls to check things out

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what history records that Russell said to his students, I know I've read it in at least 2 books about him. Could they have lied? Possibly.
Too often, it's like the telephone game, whisper in someone's ear and by the time it gets to the end of the line, it's all distorted and nobody bothers looking at the original source. There's a lot of information between the "..." that people leave out when quoting.
The matter still is, the Jehovah's Witness movement, by it's original names even, was started by one man. And the most dangerous doctrine they still hold today, is that Jesus Christ is the Archangel Michael.
Really, you think THAT is "most dangerous doctrine?" I can think of a few others.
Now if that were true, then it would mean we have no Salvation through Christ Jesus' Blood shed on His cross, since NO ANGEL can save, ONLY GOD can save, which is why one of Jesus Christ's Names is 'Immanuel' per the Book of Isaiah and Matthew 1, which means "God with us". And entertaining 'any' idea that an angel can be GOD is even more ludicrous.
There are quite a few groups and individuals who being trinitarian believe that Jesus is "the angel of the Lord" and or Michael the Archangel.
Therefore, I PERSONALLY DECLARE... those who believe Jesus of Nazareth, The Christ, is the Archangel Michael, are lost souls, and have NO SALVATION unless they leave that false doctrine of the devil. So if the shoe fits, wear it, I say.
Tell me something. where in Scriptures does it say that? 2 John 1:7 tells us:

"For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."
I don't know about you but I believe Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's nice, but just a reminder ... I'm NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I'm well aware that you stated your a "Russleite" the movement that predates Judge Rutherford and the Jehovahs Witnesses

I can't relate to the Bible Students of Charles Taze Russel, not many that I've met in my life time, never really had a strong desire to study up on the group

However I'm somewhat versed in Russel and his many teachings and beliefs, his prophecy relating to the Pyramids in Egypt was mentionable

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too often, it's like the telephone game, whisper in someone's ear and by the time it gets to the end of the line, it's all distorted and nobody bothers looking at the original source. There's a lot of information between the "..." that people leave out when quoting.

Really, you think THAT is "most dangerous doctrine?" I can think of a few others.

There are quite a few groups and individuals who being trinitarian believe that Jesus is "the angel of the Lord" and or Michael the Archangel.

Tell me something. where in Scriptures does it say that? 2 John 1:7 tells us:

I don't know about you but I believe Jesus Christ came in the flesh.
Saying Jesus Christ is the Archangel Michael is blasphemy, simply because ALL angels were CREATED. Jesus was never created, because He is GOD The Son, and as Hebrews says, all things were created through Jesus Christ.

All the following verses refer to The Lord Jesus Christ by Whom all things were created...

Heb 1:1-2
1 God, Who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us
by His Son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds;
KJV

Col 1:16-17
For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.
KJV

Eph 3:9
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
KJV

1 Cor 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of Whom are all things, and we in Him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom are all things, and we by Him.
KJV

John 1:2-3
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.
KJV

So to say blasphemy that Jesus is the Archangel Michael, a 'created' angel, is to say stupidity like Jesus created Himself.

Jehovah's Witness beliefs about Jesus Christ being a created angel is simply following doctrines of the devil.

Welcome to my IGNORE list.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...I serve a loving God, a just God.
Amen. Me, too. And to what you say here I would add: a God Who shows no partiality based on earthly ethnicity or nationality (which nation/state's citizenry one belongs to or hails from).

However... He Has chosen some unto Himself to be spiritually of Him (rather than of the evil one, which is the natural state of all), an innumerable multitude from every tongue, tribe, and nation. And THIS is His Israel, at any given time all those who He has called out of darkness and into His marvelous light and placed with and in His Christ. Whether one is of God's Israel is a matter of the heart...

...whether God gives the person a new heart, puts a new spirit within him/her... removes the heart of stone from his/her flesh and gives him/her a heart of flesh... puts His Spirit within him/her and thereby causes him/her to walk in His statutes and be careful to obey His rules. This is His mercy and compassion, and all who receive it (because He gives mercy and compassion to whom He will and hardens whom He will) will be His people ~ Israel ~ and He will be their God, and He will deliver us from all their uncleannesses.​

...not of earthly ethnicity or nationality. He is indeed a loving and just God.

Grace and peace to you, RR.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a very narrow view of Salvation. Glad I don't serve your God.

BTW ... I'm neither liberal left or conservative right. I don't get involved in politics. Republican or Democrat makes no difference to me. They are all part of Satan's system. I'm a Theocrat, a member of God's Kingdom and soon, very soon, He will put an end to this system and all it represents.

And when the smoke of Armageddon clears, you'll be surprised to see who will be here standing. Because I serve a loving God, a just God.

If after the seventh trumpet sounds you are still left alive on this earth, then you are not of the Kingdom of God, and you will be burned up with the fire of God's wrath that shall come upon the whole earth. The faithful saints will not be surprised because we shall all be safely caught up to meet the Lord in the air until the wrath of God by fire shall be finished.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." - 2 Timothy 2:5, 6

If our understanding of one passage of Scripture appears to be in contradiction to another passage, there is something seriously wrong with our understanding! Because the Word of God does not contradict itself! Explain how can Christ be a ransom for ALL (without exception), and yet say the way to life is narrow and few there be that find it???

Matthew 7:14 (KJV) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I would suggest you consider the word "all" for whom Christ gave Himself a ransom does not mean without exception, but without distinction. IOW according to the context of 1 Tim 2:1-6 we are told that to pray for all men, which includes kings, and those in authority over us, because God will have ALL (even them) men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of truth.

1 Timothy 2:1-6 (KJV) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Not all people without exception, but all people without distinction for mankind from every facet of life shall be saved IF they believe. We know our reconciliation of these passages is truth because we also read that Christ is the Savior only of whosoever from among the human race believes.

Acts 16:31 (KJV) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I studied many religious organizations from the 1800's and their association with American freemasonry, I find that Russel was influenced as were many, Mormons, 7th Day Adventist, etc

The pyramids and egyptology is at the very heart of freemasonry, the egyptian obelisk is at the center of their beliefs in burial

The symbolism in these organizations is more than coincidence, the cross going through the crown, obelisk, pyramids, winged solar disk, etc

Russell believed the great pyramids held the secret to many prophecies?