Adam was a figure of Him to come

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
rom 5:14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. The word figure is the greek word :typos which means:) the mark of a stroke or blow, print2) a figure formed by a blow or impressiona) of a figure or imageB) of the image of the gods3) formin the technical sense, the pattern is blueprint to which a thing must be madeAdam was made after an Image, a pattern in heaven.. Thats how it is in the Divine Economy..i.eMoses was to build according to the Pattern given him from heaven heb 8:Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.God no doubt followed His own directives and Adam was created after the pattern of things in Heaven..So adam was a figure, a shadow..for there must be substance [ Jesus christ] before there is its shadow..You see my shadow, perhaps before you see me, but nevertheless, my shadow could not exisit apart from me already exisiting, though my shadow may be first manifested to your sight..Now here a couple of ways of how adam was made after the Pattern of Jesus christ..When adam was brough forth from the earth, He was both head and husband..for He had been constituted by God, One with His seed [offspring] and His wife [eve] who were in Him..And so like wise it had been in eternity when God brought forth His Only begotten Son, for He was constituted one with His seed [offspring] and wife [ church] in Him..This is what paul means by this passage in col 1:15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. He was brough Forth vs 15 Firstborn and He was the Head of the body, His church vs 18..His body would include all His members, His seed, and church His wife, His eve..All was in Him and One, so says too heb 2:11For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,Jesus christ and His memebrs, church, had been constituted one in pre creation when the Manhood, not the Deity, of Jesus christ was begotten of God..So hence, adam was created after that pattern..__________________

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Without a sinner there would be noreason for a savior; God caused the fall and little Adam had no choice.
So, God made Adam eat that fruit so that Death could reign all those years and cause untold hurt and pain. Then God had to watch them crucify his Son, but he must have been happy with that also. (The sacrifice did please him though as it was perfect.)Even today, that act still puts the earth under a curse and is the cause of all the death and decay. The Planet is dying because of Satan's influence and sin. So, if someone came to your house, killed some family members and shot you and broke your bones, But at your last few breaths, took you to the hospital and your life was saved. You would be grateful to them for being your Saviour??What are you accusing God of??????????Makes sense to me. No need to save anyone unless you put their life on the line.-----------------------------------------------------------OR, could it be God is a faith God, and because Adam who was created in His image just like him failed, as the angel creation also turned against him. Instead of giving up. God full of love and faith, still made a way to get everything back to the way it was created to be. God does not have the ability to give up, and only thinks good things about us. Jer 29:11Jesus Is Lord.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
[quote name='Brother Mike;71776]So' date=' God made Adam eat that fruit so that Death could reign all those years and cause untold hurt and pain. Then God had to watch them crucify his Son, but he must have been happy with that also. (The sacrifice did please him though as it was perfect.) Even today, that act still puts the earth under a curse and is the cause of all the death and decay. The Planet is dying because of Satan's influence and sin. So, if someone came to your house, killed some family members and shot you and broke your bones, But at your last few breaths, took you to the hospital and your life was saved. You would be grateful to them for being your Saviour?? What are you accusing God of?????????? Makes sense to me. No need to save anyone unless you put their life on the line.----------------------------------------------------------- OR, could it be God is a faith God, and because Adam who was created in His image just like him failed, as the angel creation also turned against him. Instead of giving up. God full of love and faith, still made a way to get everything back to the way it was created to be. God does not have the ability to give up, and only thinks good things about us. Jer 29:11 Jesus Is Lord.[/QUOTE'] This world was Created by and for Christ and the outworking of His redemptive purpose.. eph 3: 8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; No sin, No unsearchable riches of Christ to be preached..

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Romans 8:20 (NLT) Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.Yes this is what God’s Word declares not my assumption; it was not little Adam and eve’s fault; it was God who caused the fall. Yes the world is full of Death could reign all those years and cause untold hurt and pain and God took the blame. Jesus death was planned long before Adam and Eve and sin occurred. 1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1 Peter 1:20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.Satan has no influence unless God ordains what Satan does; God created Satan as a liar and murderer; never an angel. I am not accusing God of anything; read you’re Bible. [quote name='Brother Mike;71776]So' date=' God made Adam eat that fruit so that Death could reign all those years and cause untold hurt and pain. Then God had to watch them crucify his Son, but he must have been happy with that also. (The sacrifice did please him though as it was perfect.)Even today, that act still puts the earth under a curse and is the cause of all the death and decay. The Planet is dying because of Satan's influence and sin. So, if someone came to your house, killed some family members and shot you and broke your bones, But at your last few breaths, took you to the hospital and your life was saved. You would be grateful to them for being your Saviour??What are you accusing God of??????????Makes sense to me. No need to save anyone unless you put their life on the line.-----------------------------------------------------------OR, could it be God is a faith God, and because Adam who was created in His image just like him failed, as the angel creation also turned against him. Instead of giving up. God full of love and faith, still made a way to get everything back to the way it was created to be. God does not have the ability to give up, and only thinks good things about us. Jer 29:11Jesus Is Lord.[/QUOTE']

gumby

May 29, 2009
I have to agree with brother mike here, and i dont necisarily like saying that god puts a curse on anyone. As far as im concerned if theres any cursing to be done man does more than well on putting the curse on himself through his actions and disobediance toward our father. God sent hiss son jesus to save us not to curse us, Acts 4:12 and Acts 10:43.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Benoni;71816 said:
The curse was death and it came from God.
Im sorry but Romans 8:20 does not use the word curse in any of the bible versions i have even the NLT. The verse is as follows, Romans 8:20 "for the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same hope"