ADDING WORKS:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're proving MY point...not yours.

Actually, I was making my point...are you even certain that you know what my point really is?

And you're doing what I was speaking of.

You say that something JESUS said must be weighed by other scripture that belongs to Paul.

This is wrong.

As I have said elsewhere, Paul is substantiated by Peter (2 Peter 3:15-16); and Peter is substantiated by Christ (John 14:26, John 16:13).

And also, the biblical hermeneutic that we are to primarily use is given to us in 1 Corinthians 2:13.

Therefore, it is not wrong to weigh Jesus' words with Pauline scripture.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Actually, I was making my point...are you even certain that you know what my point really is?
Here's what I believe your point is:

We are saved by faith alone...no works involved. (Agreed)
After salvation it is JESUS only,,,or FAITH ONLY,,,that keeps us saved.
Everything is up to Him. I THINK you're also saying that salvation cannot be lost once it is achieved.

On these two matter we do not agree.
You are a monergist
And I am a synergist

As I have said elsewhere, Paul is substantiated by Peter (2 Peter 3:15-16); and Peter is substantiated by Christ (John 14:26, John 16:13).

And also, the biblical hermeneutic that we are to primarily use is given to us in 1 Corinthians 2:13.
There is no reason for you to substantiate for me that Paul is guided by Jesus.
I NEVER said that we should ignore Paul since he wrote 2/3 of the bible (about).
In fact, everyone knows that Paul created Christian doctrine in the book of Romans. Doctrine that is accepted by everyone, although he was speaking to the Jews in chapters 9 to 11 and many have used those chapters to validate predestination. Different thread.

Therefore, it is not wrong to weigh Jesus' words with Pauline scripture.
Here is where we part.
Jesus was plain in His language...much more than Paul.
As you know, even Peter said that Paul said some things that are difficult to understand.

We DO NOT weigh Jesus' words with Pauline scripture.
We weigh Paul's words with Jesus' scripture.

This is how the bible is divided:
JESUS
APOSTLES, INCL PAUL
EARLY CHURCH FATHERS
THEIR DISCIPLES
ALL OTHERS