Administration

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish to address a few supreme issues upon being in these forums for only a few days.

1. Why are there so many same threads by the same folks? Why is THIS ALLOWED?

2. Is subtility an ok form of goading and harassment ?

3. Is there no outline or topic categories that are proper to be discussed. It seems to be the same topics over and over and instead of being within the thread they create another of the same.

Are folks that addle headed,or unsure of their own beliefs ?

Reactions: Triumph1300

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "7 church ages" Prophecy. I have heard this prophecy started by "quacks" and agree that this can be true. Especially when such people make themselves the "angel" of the church age as if all knees should bow to them. My beliefs are that the churches came along as follows....

The purpose of Revelation was to reveal what was going to come to pass....

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.... - Revelation 1:1

Which all of this was to heavy for just ordinary churches in Asia that did not amount to anything....

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life
Angels - The current preacher to the congregation.

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado? And... If you have a better interpretation please post your info! I dont mind for people to disagree with me and may end up learning a thing of two! I believe the churches came down as seven and each congregation is different in their generation!

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

I wish to address a few supreme issues upon being in these forums for only a few days.

3. Is there no outline or topic categories that are proper to be discussed. It seems to be the same topics over and over and instead of being within the thread they create another of the same.

We have taken action and have banned quite a few members.

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok the action, if correction I like, but NOT the banning unless they are incorrigible.

We being different in thought and nature need nurture and care by his words and with his love.

I report personal attacks on the persons not on their beliefs.

How do you mend wounds of division ?
Only by applying the salve of the soothing comfort of God's Truth !

Yes I do know everyone has their own truth but we need to be getting to the place in ALL of us of GOD'S TRUTH IN HIS WORD.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok the action, if correction I like, but NOT the banning unless they are incorrigible.

We being different in thought and nature need nurture and care by his words and with his love.

I report personal attacks on the persons not on their beliefs.

How do you mend wounds of division ?
Only by applying the salve of the soothing comfort of God's Truth !

Yes I do know everyone has their own truth but we need to be getting to the place in ALL of us of GOD'S TRUTH IN HIS WORD.
I have always thought that I have a liberal view on Orthodox Christianity and my viewpoint is that there are seven congregations...

1. Ephesus - Messianic
2. Smyrna - Martyr
3. Pergamos - Orthodox
4. Thyatira - Catholic
5. Sardis - Protestant
6. Philadelphia - Methodist - And the many subsequent denominations
7. Laodicea - Charismatic

In which... I think them all as Christian. Here lately we have been getting a lot of unique views. How liberal do you think we ought to be in which we allow?

Reactions: Rita

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always thought that I have a liberal view on Orthodox Christianity and my viewpoint is that there are seven congregations...

1. Ephesus - Messianic
2. Smyrna - Martyr
3. Pergamos - Orthodox
4. Thyatira - Catholic
5. Sardis - Protestant

In which... I think them all as Christian. Here lately we have been getting a lot of unique views. How liberal do you think we ought to be in which we allow?
Oh it is NOT liberty we need it is restraint.

Jesus said MY sheep KNOW my voice. What I hear from here is not all are sheep. There are sounding brass and tinkling cymbals also.

Reactions: Rita

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh it is NOT liberty we need it is restraint.

Jesus said MY sheep KNOW my voice. What I hear from here is not all are sheep. There are sounding brass and tinkling cymbals also.
Well, then, we are not that far off from agreeing one with another.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always find it slightly off putting when people join and choose to judge within a few days.
In order to get prospective of a ‘ new ‘place it is perhaps better to give it a bit of time.

I do understand about the endless topics about the same thing, but The solution would be to avoid those and look at the other threads that perhaps have not been as popular or start threads of you own.

As moderators we do address too many topics on the same subject from time to time when we feel it becomes necessary. I too wonder why things are discussed over and over again, it’s a bit like playing the same record continuously. If it gets to you while you have the option to ignore perhaps you might like to consider the moderators who have to read all the threads in order to keep an eye on them.
We have rules and each report is weighed up and discussed but what actions we take are between us and the individual member that is reported.
I hope you will persevere with the forums X

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1. Ephesus - Messianic
2. Smyrna - Martyr
3. Pergamos - Orthodox
4. Thyatira - Catholic
5. Sardis - Protestant

What in interesting way to look at the churches in Revelation - food for thought x

Reactions: rockytopva

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Supreme issues?? ....I think most feel their particular brand of seeing/understanding is Supreme
Beliefs have little to do with faith in Jesus yet are conflated.
If freedom within broad boundaries is desirable then tight control becomes dictatorship.....and who wants that except ........ You can fill in the dots.

If you understand the Good News....broadcast it.....and leave those who waffle to their pits.

Reactions: rockytopva and Rita

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry this has offended the moderators. It was not intended as criticism of your actions as moderators.

It was meant as an observation on possible clearer structure in having a co- cohesive discussion.

Just about all forums have the same issues with certain topics as I am familiar.

I will refrain from any of my own opinions.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry this has offended the moderators. It was not intended as criticism of your actions as moderators.

It was meant as an observation on possible clearer structure in having a co- cohesive discussion.

Just about all forums have the same issues with certain topics as I am familiar.

No offense taken here! Rules... If someone is evil hearted they will scheme their way into the same bad predicament. You could create a thousand rules and they will still continue to stir up more bad material. An evil hearted person will enjoy scheming his way into situations and going around the rules. In which in many cases makes determining the right thing to do tough. The Apostles had the same problems in their day...

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. - James 3

Last edited:
  • Love

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No offence here either Keturah xxx
I was just adding my thoughts xx

• Love

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The message of the Gospel is that Christ came to set us free. We are warned about those who oppose that freedom, and wish to take away and dominate us with THEIR rules. Scripture warns us to not submit to these enemies of the faith:

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Gal 5

Those whose desire and focus is to take away our freedom; what we do, what we say, and how we say it, harmonize with the religion and religious leaders of countries like Iran, Afghanistan, etc., and the god THEY serve.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The whole idea of a forum is to express your opinions. So there is no need to refrain. If they are sound they will be well received. If not, then they will not be accepted. And you are correct in that there is too much redundancy and too many nonsensical threads. So it is a simple matter to ignore what needs to be ignored. The admins are there primarily to prevent unacceptable behavior or blasphemous nonsense.

Reactions: Keturah and Stan B