Agnostic or Atheist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Agnostic: questions the existence of God, heaven etc. in the absense of material proof and in unwillingness to accept supernatural revelation. A person who believes that the human mind cannot know whether there is a God or an ultimate cause, or anything beyond material phenomenaAgnosticism: the doctrine of agnostics; distinguished from ATHEISMAtheism: the belief that there is no God, or denial that God or gods exist; godlessnessAtheist: A person who believes that there is no God.I thought that it was quite interesting that there is a distinct difference between atheist and agnostic and thought that others should see the contrast. It may help when we are speaking to those who claim to be without God. blessings

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Thunder1;41846)
Thanks Jackie D !
you are welcome. Do you see the difference? What it brought to my attention is that there have been some people who come here believing they are atheist when in fact according to the definitions between the two, they sway more toward the agnostic. For me I think it is incredibly significant when we are asked certain questions or certain statements are made by those who don't yet know the Lord.
smile.gif

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
Jackie D:I was just wondering, where are those definitions from? Do you know which dictionary or encyclopaedia? Not that it's very important, just curious.
smile.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Amira;41872)
Jackie D:I was just wondering, where are those definitions from? Do you know which dictionary or encyclopaedia? Not that it's very important, just curious.
smile.gif

Webster's New World College Dictionary