Alien life on other planets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Initially, some Israelites thought that the LORD was only the God of the Hebrews. By the time of the exile, the prophets made it clear that the LORD ruled all peoples and all things.

The Bible does not assert the existence of intelligent aliens one way or another. Neither does it exclude its possibility. Mark 16:

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world [G2889]and preach the gospel to all creation.
world G2889. κόσμος (kosmos), Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

3. the world, i. e. the universe
My paraphrase:

Go into all the universe and
preach the gospel to all creation

universe || creation

If there are moral agents on another planet, this will be the updated interpretation of the Great Commission.

As far as the gospel is concerned, aliens on another planet are no different from indigenous people in ancient Australia or China.

This is in the style of God's method of progressive revelation.

Earth-like planet spotted orbiting the Sun’s closest star

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Initially, some Israelites thought that the LORD was only the God of the Hebrews. By the time of the exile, the prophets made it clear that the LORD ruled all peoples and all things.

The Bible does not assert the existence of intelligent aliens one way or another. Neither does it exclude its possibility. Mark 16:

My paraphrase:

universe || creation

If there are moral agents on another planet, this will be the updated interpretation of the Great Commission.

As far as the gospel is concerned, aliens on another planet are no different from indigenous people in ancient Australia or China.

Maybe before you go all Star Trek and boldly go, how are you doing sharing the gospel to the lost in your own Jerusalem?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My paraphrase:

universe || creation

We read in Genesis 1:20....

And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

There are no other living beings out there in the universe!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as aliens. But angels, yes.

I recall the movie Communion which the actor Christopher Walken played in. Towards in the end, when the aliens invited him into their spacecraft, they played games with his mind, and he finally said to them, "You're not going to really show me who you are, are you?"

Now that supposedly really happened per the author who wrote the book for that movie. It points to those being Satan's angels shape-shifting their appearance, and not revealing their actual appearance with the image of man which God created all angels with, which comes from His Own outward likeness appearance per Genesis 1:26-27.

Recall the witch of Endor conjured up (supposedly) the spirit of the prophet Samuel for king Saul whom God had cut off. Was that really the dead prophet Samuel she conjured up? Most likely no, but instead an evil spirit.

So shows like Star Trek that portray good aliens and such, is nothing but programing in prep for Satan and his angels getting ready to be booted down to earth for the coming "great tribulation", as they will appear here on earth with the image of men, or like Star Trekkies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My paraphrase:

universe || creation

John 10:16

New King James Version

16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As of 2022, NASA, Congress and the U.S. Government is now calling UFO's, UAP's or Unidentified Aerial Phenomena. The change relates to the intense investigations conducted by congress over UFO sightings and experiences with Military Pilots and Astronauts.

A Phenomena because in my humble opnion, based on the times we live in, they are not from this material existance. They are apperitions from the principalities of the air, and they are not A.I. constructions. They are signs of an impending end. The bible says that the Anti-Christ or Beast will display signs and wonders from heaven. These phenomniacs, or minions from hell, are why. We are witnessing the stage being set for the Beast or the son of perdition to make his entry on to the world scene and the bible tells us that these signs are not from the Lord, but are false and commanded by the "FALSE" prophet, or the 2nd beast.

But regardless of what they are, understand something clearly, IT CHANGES NOTHING. Jesus will return and all hell will break loose. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Prepare yourslef spiritually to persevere and endure to the end.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mat 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

2 Thes 2:3
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

2 Thes 2:8
Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mat 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

2 Thes 2:3
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

2 Thes 2:8
Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
Thanks for the references. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making. No need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the whole paragraph.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making. No need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.
Thank for the advice. However, I am not attempting to get anyone to focus on my flesh or my badges of honor, I don't have a formal education, and I'm not a public speaker. I speak from the heart, because that is where the focus of judgment is. If you want to address folks who have the right qualifiations to reference in a more and sholarly manner, then you may want to reconsider not addressing my posts. I'm not saying that because I'm offended, on the contrary, I call myself writer because the Holy Spirit calls upon those in the bible to "write". I am not an author or writer of scholarly works. I write out of inspiration, guided by the Holy Spirit I feel compeled to share. I have been encouraged to write a book, my answer is; I can't write a book, God beat me to it, and He gives them away as a gift.

Be blessed brother

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My paraphrase:

universe || creation

If their is life on another planet, God has declared "NUNYA" meaning it is none of our business. IIf He wanted us to know He would have told us.

Reactions: Spyder and Lambano

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a doctorate and have been writing professionally and academically for decades, including in peer-reviewed journals. Your gratuitous advice to @Writer is simply silly in this instance. You asked for verses and he quoted three short verses. FWIW, I find many of your posts virtually unintelligible. Lighten up.

Reactions: MA2444 and TLHKAJ

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 10:16​

16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
To understand the meaning of Scripture, one must know Bible doctrines and it's interpretations. This is the problems of many Christians. They do not study.
I'm afraid your interpretation of John 10:16 is in error. Jesus here is talking to the Christian Jews and the "other fold" (sheep) are the Gentiles. And not other entities out there in space.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To understand the meaning of Scripture, one must know Bible doctrines and it's interpretations. This is the problems of many Christians. They do not study.
I'm afraid your interpretation of John 10:16 is in error. Jesus here is talking to the Christian Jews and the "other fold" (sheep) are the Gentiles. And not other entities out in space.

To God Be The Glory
proxy-image

Reactions: JunChosen

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who Are The Hosts Of Heaven

This is where we start to get into areas that I tend to label as the X Files categories.

This is an area that is avoided because of political correctness, theological sterility and it is also an area where the scriptures tend to get ignored and swept under the carpet because many would prefer that they were not there.

Now we are told that as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the last days. Because of this it is a good idea that we take a closer look at the events that transpired here. But to do that we first need to establish who is on the playing field and who are the different parties involved.

Genesis chapter 2

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
The word host comes from this word;

H6635
צבאה צבא
tsâbâ' tsebâ'âh
tsaw-baw', tseb-aw-aw'
From H6633; a mass of persons (or figurative things), especially regularly organized for war (an army); by implication a campaign, literally or figuratively (specifically hardship, worship): - appointed time, (+) army, (+) battle, company, host, service, soldiers, waiting upon, war (-fare).

You can look it up, this is the actual word used in the scriptures.

Now the question here is the definition of the word host or hosts. This term applies to large groups of living beings that group together in a social order of some sort. The heavens were completed and the earth was completed but what is this host that occupies them?

Now think about this. If life is a result of evolution then it would be practical that it only exist on one small planet in the vastness of the universe because the probability of life actually getting started accidentally on its own is so remote it is a statistical impossibility.
But if life is the result of special creation then what is the point of creating a huge universe to only place life on one small planet in the middle of nowhere. If God was to create life on only one world then all he would need is just one solar system. To give it room to expand then perhaps one galaxy at the most, but a whole universe consisting of thousands of galaxies just for life on one solitary planet? Common sense should tell you that God would also create life on other worlds so as to utilize the full potential of his creation.

Hence God referred to all the hosts of heaven.

So lets look at an example of where this word was used in relation to humans to see if we have the correct understanding of it.

Exodus chapter 12

40] Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years.

[41] And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.

[42] It is a night to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the LORD to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.

Here the holy nation of Israel that God had reared for himself from the decedents of Abraham are referred to as a host because of their large number, Which can be shown in the following verses out of the book of numbers.

[45] So were all those that were numbered of the children of Israel, by the house of their fathers, from twenty years old and upward, all that were able to go forth to war in Israel;

[46] Even all they that were numbered were six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty.

[47] But the Levites after the tribe of their fathers were not numbered among them.

Now here is a few verses of prophecy that are due in the future that demonstrate this point that the word host as applied to the hosts of heaven refers to large groups of beings.
Isaiah chapter 24

16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously. ( Illuminatie, sometimes referred to as the illuminated ones or shadow governments )

17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Now the verse of interest is number 21

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

The kings of the earth are men that occupy positions of power and authority over the affairs of men. They are our leadership that have directed the attention of the people away from God and his laws. BUT WHO ARE THE HOST OF THE HIGH ONES. These are not angles or demons or familiar spirits. So who or what are they?

Keep in mind that angles do not make deals with men or enter into agreements with them.
If they are both gathered together and placed in the same prison together then they must be in collaboration with each other and guilty of the same crime that they committed together. That means that the earths leadership must be entering into agreements with beings that are not of this earth. Hence we have talk about the return of the Nephelium. As was the case in Noah’s day.

Now these verses are in the scriptures that have been handed down to us. We can do two things with them. First we can try and explain them away so that we no longer upset the sense of desired reality that we like to hold to or second, we can take it at its face value and accept that this is part of the picture that we are going to have to deal with.

It is also interesting to note that the earth has started to wobble in its orbit. This wobble is starting to become quite noticeable and satellites have been set in orbit to monitor it. For the scriptures to mention that the earth starts to wobble until it rocks to and fro like a drunkard is to give a clue as to the time frame when these events are to occur.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid your interpretation of John 10:16 is in error. Jesus here is talking to the Christian Jews and the "other fold" (sheep) are the Gentiles. And not other entities out there in space.

To God Be The Glory
That's only one possible interpretation.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let proposition P1 = If God has not told us, we should not try to find out.

True?
And what would be the point?

We have only landed a vessel on Mars. It took 30 years for voyager to leave our solar system.

The nearest galaxy with a possible planet is 36,000,000,000,000 miles distant. at our best speed it would take (approx 25k/mph) it would take us 164,000 years to get to teh nearest galaxy that only might have a planet!

But in Genesis god told us He created the stars for signs and seasons for earth.

If we should run across some ET"s that are not demons in disguise, I would simply ask them who is Lord! If they do not answer Jesus as per Phillipians 2 they are evil.