Alien life on other planets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That doesn't prove they were of the Lord.

The devil does stuff like this all the time and uses scripture too to make people think they are of the Lord.
Most attacks against the saints come right from within the body, This is what I have to deal with all the time and worse, Now why do you think I have become worn and tired.

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you think I have become worn and tired.

Because you are not abiding in Jesus and receiving His rest that only
comes by walking in faith casting all one's cares and worries on the Lord.

The Lord is a never ending source of strength, power, and ability and he's like to share that with people but He
can only do so with those that have been converted and have become like little children walking in child like faith

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If their is life on another planet, God has declared "NUNYA" meaning it is none of our business. IIf He wanted us to know He would have told us.

Agreed. I see several people asserting that there are no other intelligent life forms in the whole universe just because the Bible doesn't mention it. Well, It's a mighty big universe out there. Plenty of room for God to play around with other intelligent life forms.

Would they be humanoid? Or does "made in the image of God" refer to intelligence (or having a soul or a spirit, whatever that means?) rather than physical form?

Would they be fallen like we are? (I suspect they would, because Death and Entropy is built into this universe, and Sin and Death go hand-in-hand.)

If they are fallen, would God make a way of salvation for them also? If God so loved the Cosmos, I think He would. How? By the same pattern He uses with us, a Messiah from his (her? its?) own people who dies for their sins? If Jesus called Himself the "Son of Man", would God also begat the, say, Offspring of the Alpha Centaurians? Or would God devise a different means of salvation?

If they're fallen like we are, maybe there is a good reason why God built a big universe with the Light Speed limit - to keep His fallen creatures from killing or enslaving or eating each other. Not that I'm a cynic or anything....

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earth was made first, sun and moon and stars on the 4th day. The universe was made for us to ponder God's power and glory. At the end of the Millennial Kingdom, He then destroys the physical universe ( first heavens and first earth) along with Death, Hades and everyone in it. So, not much time for any other life anywhere else ... or do you think Jesus visited that planet and went through the same sacrifice? No.
Seems like a lot of wasted space as they say. I wouldn't have any problem with life on other planets but if you take the Bible literally, the universe is needed for whatever physics is required for earth to exist and for scenic pleasure.
I have looked before, but I have not found a passage that says "Earth was made first." Perhaps I missed it?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have looked before, but I have not found a passage that says "Earth was made first." Perhaps I missed it?
The 1ST sentence is a general summation of His creation, then He begins to go into details beginning with earth and light on the 1st day.
2nd day - The atmosphere (first heavens)
3rd day - botanicals
4th day: "Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. (GEN. 1:14-16)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. I see several people asserting that there are no other intelligent life forms in the whole universe just because the Bible doesn't mention it. Well, It's a mighty big universe out there. Plenty of room for God to play around with other intelligent life forms.

Would they be humanoid? Or does "made in the image of God" refer to intelligence (or having a soul or a spirit, whatever that means?) rather than physical form?

Would they be fallen like we are? (I suspect they would, because Death and Entropy is built into this universe, and Sin and Death go hand-in-hand.)

If they are fallen, would God make a way of salvation for them also? If God so loved the Cosmos, I think He would. How? By the same pattern He uses with us, a Messiah from his (her? its?) own people who dies for their sins? If Jesus called Himself the "Son of Man", would God also begat the, say, Offspring of the Alpha Centaurians? Or would God devise a different means of salvation?

If they're fallen like we are, maybe there is a good reason why God built a big universe with the Light Speed limit - to keep His fallen creatures from killing or enslaving or eating each other. Not that I'm a cynic or anything....
Now light speed is not the limit. Captain Kirk and Scotty got the enterprise up to warp 10!!!!!!! :joyful:

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lets look at that closer. The first day;

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
The heavens and the earth were all created together. It was later that God started to modify the earth and it was only placed in its orbit on the 4th day. There is nothing first about the earth, it was a part of the total.

Reactions: Spyder

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1ST sentence is a general summation of His creation, then He begins to go into details beginning with earth and light on the 1st day.
2nd day - The atmosphere (first heavens)
3rd day - botanicals
4th day: "Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. (GEN. 1:14-16)
Thank you for responding. I'd like to call attention to Gen 1, verses 1 and 2: note that they state "in the beginning." They do not state when the "beginning" took place. Then we are told that it was covered in water and nothing was on it. So, I view these verses speaking of an existing heavens and an existing planet covered in water. THEN, God started doing things.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for responding. I'd like to call attention to Gen 1, verses 1 and 2: note that they state "in the beginning." They do not state when the "beginning" took place. Then we are told that it was covered in water and nothing was on it. So, I view these verses speaking of an existing heavens and an existing planet covered in water. THEN, God started doing things.
It wouldn't be the first day, of it existed prior to that. Time (its physical and measurable properties) started as well. So you accept that the universe was created on the 4th day, but you think earth existed all by itself _ suspended _ in darkness? Remember LIGHT was created on the1st day too. So logically, stars did not exist before that, because they emit light.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn't be the first day, of it existed prior to that. Time (its physical and measurable properties) started as well. So you accept that the universe was created on the 4th day, but you think earth existed all by itself _ suspended _ in darkness? Remember LIGHT was created on the1st day too. So logically, stars did not exist before that, because they emit light.
No, I accept that "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Would you accept that God is light? They earth was in darkness, until God provided light.

During the first three days of restoring the earth, God was there providing the light, and on the fourth day, he had the sun and moon establish what we call days now? Is that a difficult image to conjure up?

If we try to understand this based on our own limited minds, it can be tough, but then I don't think it is up to us to evaluated the "how" God did it. He just did.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,
I just recently watched this movie. It explains a lot and removes the imaginative speculations, exposes the often asserted evidence presented as photos or videos (that many believe just must be without a doubt real) and offers real science and logic.
" The UFO Movie They Don't Want You To See."

For those who believe there are or might be aliens from other planets, this movie will burst your bubble ... or at least deflate it.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you accept that God is light? They earth was in darkness, until God provided light.
God is not the physical light that He created. He exists in unapproachable eternal light, a spiritual light. He is the Light of men, but that is in a spiritual sense. So His light, I suppose transcended into this physical realm on that day. The light we know has physical properties: waves and particles, colors, speed. God is omnipresent and not composed of these phyiscal aspects of light as we know it. In heaven, there is light, but more brilliant, colorful and perfect. I don't think that light is composed of particles, waves and speed.
If we try to understand this based on our own limited minds, it can be tough, but then I don't think it is up to us to evaluated the "how" God did it. He just did.
True.

Last edited:

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the first three days of restoring the earth, God was there providing the light, and on the fourth day, he had the sun and moon establish what we call days now? Is that a difficult image to conjure up?
The image that I have difficulty conjuring up is how three "days" could have elapsed before the sun existed. I supposed I could wrap my head around 72 hours having elapsed before the sun existed. But "days"? That's a tougher one for me. I don't think of a "day" as a 24-hour period. I think of it as a revolution of the earth in relation to a fixed object (the sun).

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The image that I have difficulty conjuring up is how three "days" could have elapsed before the sun existed. I supposed I could wrap my head around 72 hours having elapsed before the sun existed. But "days"? That's a tougher one for me. I don't think of a "day" as a 24-hour period. I think of it as a revolution of the earth in relation to a fixed object (the sun).
One complete revolution of the earth is one day irregardless of whether the sun or moon existed. The scripture says that night existed ( a period of darkness) and the day ( a period of light), both adding up to the 1st day. We can picture God shining light on one side (as the Holy Spirit hovered over the waters), with darkness on the other side.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One complete revolution of the earth is one day irregardless of whether the sun or moon existed. The scripture says that night existed ( a period of darkness) and the day ( a period of light), both adding up to the 1st day. We can picture God shining light on one side (as the Holy Spirit hovered over the waters), with darkness on the other side.
How would we know when a full revolution of the planet has been completed if there is no fixed reference point by which to gauge it? We can't even imagine a full revolution except by imagining that we are looking at the planet from afar to see a full revolution (in which hypothetical case, our eyes are the fixed reference point).

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the word translated as day. As can be seen it can also be translated as an age or stages

H3117
יום
yôm
yome
From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.
Basically in this stage he did this and in the next stage he did that etc. It is translated as days to keep in line with the Ten commandments.

But it is quite obvious that we are not talking about earth days, we are talking about Gods days.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the word translated as day. As can be seen it can also be translated as an age or stages

Basically in this stage he did this and in the next stage he did that etc. It is translated as days to keep in line with the Ten commandments.

But it is quite obvious that we are not talking about earth days, we are talking about Gods days.
How long were God's days prior to creation of the sun. A thousand years? A billion? Or, is the concept purely ordinal rather than cardinal -- i.e., the "second day" of Creation just means some indeterminate point after the first day and before the third?