All sins are not equal!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men
And it goes on to say that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. So it is clear that you can blaspheme and be forgiven but not if you blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is evil speaking against what he does, according to the Greek so it does have something to do with the fact as the word "railing" is part of the explanation for blasphemy.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(marksman;44976)
And it goes on to say that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. So it is clear that you can blaspheme and be forgiven but not if you blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is evil speaking against what he does, according to the Greek so it does have something to do with the fact as the word "railing" is part of the explanation for blasphemy.
I know what it goes on to say but it has nothing to do with speaking evil about what he does thats part of nomal blasphemy not blasphemy against the spirit that is strickly conjecture without merit on your part for one thing you have to offered the Holy spirit before you can blashempy it and be sentenced to eternal hell without reprive God would never do this to someone who just said oh thats not God at work.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know what it goes on to say but it has nothing to do with speaking evil about what he does thats part of nomal blasphemy not blasphemy against the spirit that is strickly conjecture without merit on your part
It is not conjecture. It is there in black and white in the original Greek, which by the way, I didn't write.
for one thing you have to offered the Holy spirit before you can blashempy it
How does one "offered" the Holy Spirit and what is "blashempy" and since when is the Holy Spirit an "it"?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(marksman;45103)
It is not conjecture. It is there in black and white in the original Greek, which by the way, I didn't write. How does one "offered" the Holy Spirit and what is "blashempy" and since when is the Holy Spirit an "it"?
Dont give me language lessons I get the greek just fine and your mistaken if you think its there in black and white and my typing falls short at times true my age I guess but if you dont know how one must be offered the Holy spirit before they can blasphemy against it then you dont know the answer to the unforgivable sinan unbeliever can not sin agaisnt what he does not know/have ? think about.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I get the greek just fine and your mistaken if you think its there in black and white
I am not mistaken because I read it in the Greek just before I wrote the post and I used the word the Greek uses. How that can be a mistake is beyond my comprehension.
an unbeliever can not sin agaisnt what he does not know/have
The passage is not written to the unbeliever.
you dont know the answer to the unforgivable sin
I do know because I gave it to you a few posts ago and I consulted widely before I found out the answer and you haven't told me where the scripture says the Holy Spirit is an "it".

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Right the passage is not written to the unbeliever thats the Key only a believer can comit the unforgivable sin. Now if I as believer say God didnt do something he did I may be mistaken in my judgement BUT THAT IS NOT THE UNFORGIVABLE SINIm not going to receive the same punishment that is reserved for Satan as God has said all forms of blaspheme will be forgiven men. So what can this be talking of ?? A one time particular sin that can only be committed if the Holy spirit wants to come through you and you deny it. This occurs twice in scripture once in Acts 2 and the Holy Ghost spoke through the Apostels but thats past so is there a time in the future that the Holy ghost/sprit will speak through men??Mark 13:11 if You deny this is The Holy ghost/spirit you will be guilty of the unforgivable sin.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(marksman;44689)
To blaspheme the Holy Ghost is to call what he does the work of the devil. Many have called the obvious work of the spirit at Toronto Airport Chirstian Fellowship the work of the devil because they have isolated a few incidents that seem out of the norm.Having studied what has been happening there all I can say is that satan has lost the plot as I have read countless stories of people who have discovered an intense love for Jesus as a result of visiting the church. If that is the work of satan, it has been done by a satan that I know nothing about bearing in mind that the scripture says his aim is to steal, kill or destroy.
I agree ! Let God do whatever He wants to/ Let Him be God. People are the ones who try to limit the Holy Spirit, He can do whatever he wants to.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now if I as believer say God didnt do something he did I may be mistaken in my judgement BUT THAT IS NOT THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN
I din't say it was. Please read what is said before you comment. I will repeat. The unforgivable sin is to call the work of the HOLY SPIRIT the work of satan and I used Toronto as an example because I have heard people call it the work of satan which it isn't. Can I suggest you compose your posts offline so that you can run a spell and gramatical check over them before posting. That way they won't be full of errors as they are at the moment.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(marksman;45334)
I din't say it was. Please read what is said before you comment. I will repeat. The unforgivable sin is to call the work of the HOLY SPIRIT the work of satan and I used Toronto as an example because I have heard people call it the work of satan which it isn't. Can I suggest you compose your posts offline so that you can run a spell and gramatical check over them before posting. That way they won't be full of errors as they are at the moment.
Can I suggest this is not English class and I have about had my fill of your self righteous arrogance and of course you would not understand the unforgivable sin as I said it is written to the Elect the average Christian wouldn't get it as its was not written to them as they can not commit it.by the way you spelled grammatical wrong

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marksman, if what you say is true, just how can you mock/rail against the Holy Spirit but yet not manage to do the same when you mock/rail against Christ (which is clearly noted to be forgiven)? Are they - Christ and the Holy Spirit - different?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and of course you would not understand the unforgivable sin as I said it is written to the Elect the average Christian wouldn't get itas its was not written to them as they can not commit it.
Can you show me in the bible where it says that? In the passage about blaspheming the Holy Spirit there is no mention of the elect so you must be talking about another verse.
Marksman, if what you say is true, just how can you mock/rail against the Holy Spirit but yet not manage to do the same when you mock/rail against Christ (which is clearly noted to be forgiven)? Are they - Christ and the Holy Spirit - different?
I would assume that they are different as there is a trinity of father, son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. If Jesus and the Holy Spirit were one and the same there would be no trinity.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Elect will know when the Holy spirit comes on them just as the aspostels knew in Acts you can not commit a sin that gives you the same punishment reserved for Satan without having the full knowledge of God given to you so you know exactly what you are doing. Mark 13:11And if you do not get that you do not understand God...............Unlike your opinion that has it if some Christian somewhere is saying God didnt do something he did do being sentenced to the second death ..that is the death of their soul..... poppycock

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mark 13 v 11 has nothing whatsoever to do with blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
Unlike your opinion that has it if some Christian somewhere is saying God didnt do something he did do being sentenced to the second death ..that is the death of their soul..... poppycock
1. Not once have I said anything about a person saying God didn't do something he did do.2. I have never mentioned anything about the second death.Please stick to the topic.
All sin recieves the same wages. Ro. 6:23
That is true but you will note in the previous verse that it says that we are made free from sin, meaning that we are liberated from sin. Another verse says that "if we sin, we have an advocate with the Father Christ Jesus". The word "if" there means that we may or we may not sin so it is not a foregone conclusion for the believer. If it was the Cross woud be of none effect. Through the cross the death penalty for us has been removed.