All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe that God has a special love which is directed only to the elect. A different, more deep love than that He has for the general population.

OK. Do you see that taught in the Bible? Can you show a passage, and show how this is so? It doesn't seem so to me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He loved the unjust, it would not only be against His character, but would cause the unchanging God to change.

Matthew 5
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

And God does indeed show His love towards sinners through Longsuffering. But showing forth your love and loving someone are two different things. God does indeed show love towards His enemies; He allows them to live on His planet.

Psalms 7:11
Psalms 11:5
Revelation 2:6

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I meant Sister is that if God did for everyone what He does in Philippians 1:6 then everyone would be saved. What He does for His ppl in that verse He doesn't do for all.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.[Philippians 1:6]

If God was to begin a good work in someone, and drawing them to the Christ constitutes a good work, He will perfect it in them until the end. If God draws everyone w/o exception, then He would have to save everyone, seeing His drawing them constitutes a good work. That's what I referred to as universalism. If God draws everyone, and the bible avers He doesn't, but if He does, then universalism reigns supreme.

Did I clear that up for you? Sorry I didn't come across clearer.
Yes thank you! I guess I was getting ttoo tired. It was time for bed.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you bring out a Baptist confession of faith? That’s not inspired. There is no Baptist church in the Bible. The Baptist didn’t come along until 1500 years after Christ built HIS church. They teach false doctrine and are a denomination and apostate church. Paul condemned denominations or dividing up, in 1 Cor 1.
You deny the Word of God! It is no surprise that you would fight the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689. You do not understand that believers can write of God's salvation, santification, and attributes. You arrogantly pontificate as if you know there were none that believed what is in the 1689 Baptist Confession prior to 1689, as if you are god in your own eyes!

"The Audience of Lord Jesus for John 14:16 and John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread) contains the Truth. CKNW has been confronted with the Word of God, and CKNW denies the Power of God.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. Do you see that taught in the Bible? Can you show a passage, and show how this is so? It doesn't seem so to me.

Much love!

Deuteronomy 10:14-15: Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it. Yet the Lord set his heart in love on your fathers and chose their offspring after them, you above all peoples as you are this day

Psalm 33:12 - Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom He has chosen as His inheritance

Psalms 106:5 - ... That I may look upon the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation, that I may glory with your inheritance.

Matthew 11:27 - No one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him

Matthew 22:14 - For many are called, but few are chosen

Matthew 22:24b - But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short

Romans 11:28 - As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, that are beloved...

Colossians 3:12 - Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved...

God has a very special love and favor towards His elect that is not shown to the population in general.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny the Word of God! It is no surprise that you would fight the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689. You do not understand that believers can write of God's salvation, santification, and attributes. You arrogantly pontificate as if you know there were none that believed what is in the 1689 Baptist Confession prior to 1689, as if you are god in your own eyes!

"The Audience of Lord Jesus for John 14:16 and John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread) contains the Truth. CKNW has been confronted with the Word of God, and CKNW denies the Power of God.
The only difference between the writings of the 1689 LBCoF and his writings on here is the former is sound in doctrine, the latter, not so much.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 10:14-15: Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it. Yet the Lord set his heart in love on your fathers and chose their offspring after them, you above all peoples as you are this day

Psalm 33:12 - Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom He has chosen as His inheritance

Psalms 106:5 - ... That I may look upon the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation, that I may glory with your inheritance.

Matthew 11:27 - No one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him

Romans 11:28 - As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, that are beloved...

God has a very special love and favor towards His elect that is not shown to the population in general.
A blessing from God to read such a citation list, Mjh29. I pray God's continued blessing to you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God does indeed show His love towards sinners through Longsuffering. But showing forth your love and loving someone are two different things. God does indeed show love towards His enemies; He allows them to live on His planet.

Psalms 7:11
Psalms 11:5
Revelation 2:6

Hi Mjh29,

I was looking at these Psalms, also thinking about like Malachi, Esau I have hated, there are other places you can name also. Before Jesus died, this was very different world in this respect, I believe.

I know that people would offer their sacrifices, trusting in God, and were saved, but then they could turn from God, and then be lost.

Curious . . . what would happen when the wicked did righteousness? Thinking about like in Ezekiel, "but if the wicked do righteousness, their wickedness will not be remembered, something like that.

Did they then become more loved? So as to be saved?

What would happen when the righteous did wickedness? Did they become less loved? Do you see the issue I have with this?

It seems to me that love and hatred form God are shown in the OT and the NT in two different ways.

In the OT, God speaks of love and hatred as to build up and to tear down, and loves and hates variously.

In the NT, God speaks of love for the world - all men - and desires all come to Him. Ever since Jesus.

On Revelation 2:6, is it saying God hates the people, or what they do?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These ones I've colored blue, these seem to be the only ones on this list which actually speak concerning God's election and love, or chosing who He would love, would you agree?

Much love!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These ones I've colored blue, these seem to be the only ones on this list which actually speak concerning God's election and love, or chosing who He would love, would you agree?

Much love!

Well, why does God choose them as His inheritance? Because He loves them.
Why does God call many but choose few? Because He loves the few he chooses.
Why would God do things for the sake of the elect? Because He loves them.
Who does the Son choose to reveal the Father to? Those that He loves.
Why does God prosper His chosen nation [people]? Because He loves them.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mjh29,

I was looking at these Psalms, also thinking about like Malachi, Esau I have hated, there are other places you can name also. Before Jesus died, this was very different world in this respect, I believe.

I know that people would offer their sacrifices, trusting in God, and were saved, but then they could turn from God, and then be lost.

Curious . . . what would happen when the wicked did righteousness? Thinking about like in Ezekiel, "but if the wicked do righteousness, their wickedness will not be remembered, something like that.

Did they then become more loved? So as to be saved?

What would happen when the righteous did wickedness? Did they become less loved? Do you see the issue I have with this?

It seems to me that love and hatred form God are shown in the OT and the NT in two different ways.

In the OT, God speaks of love and hatred as to build up and to tear down, and loves and hates variously.

In the NT, God speaks of love for the world - all men - and desires all come to Him. Ever since Jesus.

On Revelation 2:6, is it saying God hates the people, or what they do?

Much love!

Not at all. If God loved differently in the OT than in the NT;

1.) People of the OT would have a verifiable and legitimate reason to Call God unjust
2.) This would be a change in God's character, which is expressly spoken against in the Scriptures.

Man in the OT were saved the same way men in the NT are; faith and trust in the savior. Yes, the people doing the sacrifices [for the most part] knew what they were all about.

Righteousness is not something we conjure in ourselves; it is something given to the elect [Christians, believers] when they are transformed by the Spirit.

What happens when the wicked do righteousness?
~ Simply put, they cannot. There is no way for the ungodly, the unregenerate, the wicked to do righteousness. While they can do good things, these things are not motivated by a proper motivation, [ie to serve Christ.]

Isaiah 64:6 - ..... All our deeds of righteousness are like filthy rags.

What happens when the righteous do wickedness?
~ I have a feeling you know the answer to this one; the righteous [Christians] do not point to their own righteousness but to that of Jesus; He IS our righteousness; apart from Him, we have only wickedness. So, when the righteous do wickedness [sin], which we do every day, we plead the Blood of Christ, and His love for us.

Nothing we do will ever make us any more or less loved in the sight of Christ; He has set His love upon us [the elect] when we were yet sinners, and this love will endure forever.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens when the wicked do righteousness?
~ Simply put, they cannot. There is no way for the ungodly, the unregenerate, the wicked to do righteousness. While they can do good things, these things are not motivated by a proper motivation, [ie to serve Christ.]

Hi Mjh29,

Just following up on this point at the moment, what is your thought on this passage?

Ezekiel 18
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Much love!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mjh29,

Just following up on this point at the moment, what is your thought on this passage?

Ezekiel 18
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Much love!

Let's back up, 7 chapters earlier in the same book.:

Ezekiel 11
19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh

If this change takes place, it is because of the work of God. And if God works on a person's heart in this manner, it is because they are one of His beloved elect

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, why does God choose them as His inheritance? Because He loves them.
Why does God call many but choose few? Because He loves the few he chooses.
Why would God do things for the sake of the elect? Because He loves them.
Who does the Son choose to reveal the Father to? Those that He loves.
Why does God prosper His chosen nation [people]? Because He loves them.

Why did Jesus die for the world? Because He loves the whole world. But these words don't mean the same to you as they do to me.

Why did God choose Israel?

Deuteronomy 4:37
"And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;"

What became of these whom God brought out of Egypt, whom God chose because He loved them?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's back up, 7 chapters earlier in the same book.:

Ezekiel 11
19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh

If this change takes place, it is because of the work of God. And if God works on a person's heart in this manner, it is because they are one of His beloved elect

Yes, God gives rebirth, we are agreed.

Ezekiel 18

Regarding this passage, what are your thoughts where it says,

"But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live."

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is something else I think of as I read this . . .

Romans 5:10
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Does God love His enemies?