All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Help...because this kind ties in with predestined....The Book of Life has already been written. How can that be possible unless He foreknew....
My answer is that He knew all things from beginning to end and nothing is hid from Him.
But to say He already chose for us who would be saved is incorrect. It is just to say that when He saw everything up until the end He saw those who would choose to believe in Him and be saved.
So...it is such a complex subject and needs alot of studying.

If the book of life is the naming of all who would live, and that names are blotted from the book when they sin, this would agree with everything said in the Bible about this book, so far as I can see.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why did Jesus die for the world? Because He loves the whole world. But these words don't mean the same to you as they do to me.
Don't tell the Calvinists that truth (bolded above).

They have already made up their minds, and it is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME to talk about John 3:14-17 to a Five Point Calvinist. You would do well to move on and leave the naysayers to themselves.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is something else I think of as I read this . . .

Romans 5:10
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Does God love His enemies?
But who are the ‘we’ in that verse? to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.[Romans 1:7] The ‘we’ in Romans 5:10 are those who are beloved by God, who are called saints. Backup to Romans 5:1ff and see all the personal pronouns Paul used. Look at Romans 5:5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. This is not talking about all mankind but those believers all the way back in Romans 1:7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mjh29,

Just following up on this point at the moment, what is your thought on this passage?

Ezekiel 18
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Much love!
It means what it says. It says if the wicked turn from their ways, which means repentance. However, even repentance itself is a gift from God.

He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.[Acts of the Apostles 5:31]

When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.”[Acts of the Apostles 11:18]

Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?[Romans 2:4]

I now rejoice, not that you were made sorrowful, but that you were made sorrowful to the point of repentance; for you were made sorrowful according to the will of God, so that you might not suffer loss in anything through us. For the sorrow that is according to the will ofGod produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.[2 Corinthians 7:9-10]

The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.[2 Timothy 2:24-26]

Before you accuse me of cherry picking, go back and read them in their context. They plainly teach it is God who gifts, grants repentance. Yet, this hasn’t been gifted, granted to everyone w/o exception.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Jesus die for the world? Because He loves the whole world. But these words don't mean the same to you as they do to me.

Why did God choose Israel?

Deuteronomy 4:37
"And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;"

What became of these whom God brought out of Egypt, whom God chose because He loved them?

Much love!
But did the Christ die for everybody whoever lived? John 10:11, John 10:15, and Ephesians 5:25 say no.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? I never noticed. He's patted you on the back before? It's been more than *onced? It's a MIRACLE! :D

(*I used "onced" since it's Twanglish, your native lingo!)
I hope your 61” zero degree turn Husqvarna blows up. No I don’t...sorta.
cool0043.gif

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope your 61” zero degree turn Husqvarna blows up. No I don’t...sorta.
cool0043.gif
It runs like a champ! The John Deere does too!

Speaking of "running," may you get them when you're mowing the furthest from your house, and may your mower run out of gas at the same time! And may there be no TP when you get to the throne. And may no one else be home. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: SovereignGrace

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It runs like a champ! The John Deere does too!

Speaking of "running," may you get them when you're mowing the furthest from your house, and may your mower run out of gas at the same time! And may there be no TP when you get to the throne. And may no one else be home. :D

A big acreage property owner speaking from experience perhaps? :oops:

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is something else I think of as I read this . . .

Romans 5:10
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Does God love His enemies?

If the enemies are the elect, then yes. But otherwise, not. He is loving towards the unelect wicked, by being longsuffering, but does not love them like He does the elect.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God gives rebirth, we are agreed.

Ezekiel 18
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Regarding this passage, what are your thoughts where it says,

"But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live."

Much love!

Again, look at Ezekiel 11. If the wicked are regenerated, then that means that they are the elect, because this regeneration can only come from God. This passage is not talking to every single wicked person ever. It is talking to the newly regenerated elect.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why did God choose Israel?

Deuteronomy 4:37
"And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;"

What became of these whom God brought out of Egypt, whom God chose because He loved them?

Much love!

Jesus did not die for the all people in the world. He died for His elect only.

God chose Israel for the same reason He chooses his elect; reasons unknown to mankind.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, look at Ezekiel 11. If the wicked are regenerated, then that means that they are the elect, because this regeneration can only come from God. This passage is not talking to every single wicked person ever. It is talking to the newly regenerated elect.

So basically then, God elects and loves the wicked, so that they will become the righteous? Do I understand you correctly?

But what of the righteous who does wickedness, who's righteousness is not remembered.

I still say there was something different happening at that time.

Much love!