All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi K,
Didn't read your entire post.
Maybe I'll wait for the book to come out.

But, anyway, you say we have no free will?
This is an interesting concept.
So when somebody murders a person...whose will are they following?
The first 9 verses of Ephesians 2 are interesting and instructive. :)

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's actually a nice lady; not that I always agree with her views.
Not really. Pretty mouthy with some of us with her insults. Maybe you should be as good to stand against that, that way you're being honest on all accounts? I wouldn't call that being a nice lady. No offense, just being real, not patronizing.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not really. Pretty mouthy with some of us with her insults. Maybe you should be as good to stand against that, that way you're being honest on all accounts? I wouldn't call that being a nice lady. No offense, just being real, not patronizing.
I haven't read your exchanges with her.

My communications with her seem to have succeeded in being constructive.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The first 9 verses of Ephesians 2 are interesting and instructive. :)
Are you reformed?
Say it ain't so!

I just read Ephesians 2:1-9

So what do we have here:
Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
and
soli deo gloria....

:(

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't read your exchanges with her.

My communications with her seem to have succeeded in being constructive.
I am fine with 1st Century Lady, I love her! but, this has nothing at all to do with my post. She another member has the same AVATAR as her and SG and myself, at first thought it WAS 1st CL. I have not seen her on here in a while, so I was going to welcome her BACK. But, it was not HER :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you reformed?
Say it ain't so!

I just read Ephesians 2:1-9

So what do we have here:
Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
and
soli deo gloria....

:(
Oh GG,
I have had to pull myself far away from this subject as, it just makes me crazy (er? :D )
I have learned to put several on ignore. Not sure if it was Helen, or Pearl started a new thread called "coffee...something, lol...it's a fun thread...a good break from all the DEEP things we should be learning ourselves anyhow, IMHO. ♥

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh GG,
I have had to pull myself far away from this subject as, it just makes me crazy (er? :D )
I have learned to put several on ignore. Not sure if it was Helen, or Pearl started a new thread called "coffee...something, lol...it's a fun thread...a good break from all the DEEP things we should be learning ourselves anyhow, IMHO. ♥
Will drop in for coffee every now and then.
Hope it's decaf.
But theology is soooo interesting!
Dontcha just love when two people read the same verse and come up
with different interpretations??

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi K,
Didn't read your entire post.
Maybe I'll wait for the book to come out.

But, anyway, you say we have no free will?
This is an interesting concept.
So when somebody murders a person...whose will are they following?
Hello GodsGrace,

Please read the posts because they are chock full of the Word of God crucial to the topic of the Sovereignty of God. I have no plans to produce a book for the Book of Books called the Holy Bible already exists. The Word of God speaks:

"You are of [your] father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own [nature], for he is a liar and the father of lies."
(John 8:44)

If you read the posts, then perhaps I'll answer further questions from you. But, if I detect that you have not read them, do not expect answers to questions.

God's mercy to you,
Kermos

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is, that not all Israel accepted Christ, so even if you were called the "elect," there was still a personal responsibility to accept or reject Christ.
Excellent point. Israel was specifically elected by God to be His chosen people, but the majority rejected Christ. And the majority of Jews today are still without Christ.

Therefore election is NOT for salvation, and never was. We should note what Paul says about the "elect" in Romans 10:

16 But they [Israel] have not all obeyed the Gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?...
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by
them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Every Jew had the privilege and the opportunity to be saved when Jesus walked the earth. That is precisely why John the Baptist was sent by God.
But since Calvinistic Unconditional Election IS A LIE, relatively few were saved, and were persecuted by the unsaved Jews.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello GodsGrace,

Please read the posts because they are chock full of the Word of God crucial to the topic of the Sovereignty of God. I have no plans to produce a book for the Book of Books called the Holy Bible already exists. The Word of God speaks:

"You are of [your] father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own [nature], for he is a liar and the father of lies."

If you read the posts, then perhaps I'll answer further questions from you. But, if I detect that you have not read them, do not expect answers to questions.

God's mercy to you,
Kermos
What's the problem?
You can't answer my question on free will?

If you had written 5 pages, you'd expect me to read all 5 pages before answering a question?

Here. Try again:

You said you don't believe in free will.

So when a person murders somebody...
WHOSE WILL are they adhering to?

The answer seems easy to me...
by YOUR theology it would have to be God Himself.

Is THIS the sovereign God you speak of?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Excellent point. Israel was specifically elected by God to be His chosen people, but the majority rejected Christ. And the majority of Jews today are still without Christ.

Therefore election is NOT for salvation, and never was. We should note what Paul says about the "elect" in Romans 10:

16 But they [Israel] have not all obeyed the Gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?...
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by
20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Every Jew had the privilege and the opportunity to be saved when Jesus walked the earth. That is precisely why John the Baptist was sent by God.
But since Calvinistic Unconditional Election IS A LIE, relatively few were saved, and were persecuted by the unsaved Jews.
Could you clarify your last sentence?

The following:

Reactions: bbyrd009

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You need to notice that in the passage you quoted, Romans 10:16-21, does not say that the Jews had the ability to choose God. God shows patience toward the lost, even those that claim to have free will to choose God, but the time of patience will come to an end, and at that time the wrath of God will fall upon the people who claim to do the opposite of that which Lord Jesus said (John 15:16).

Apparently, you missed this:

He chose Abraham to birth Israel. Out of these ppl the Messiah would come. But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;[Romans 9:6] Not every Jew was God's elect. (that's a quote from SovereignGrace's post).

Only a fool would write that election is not for salvation. Elect and chosen are the same thing.

Lord Jesus said:

"For many are called, but few [are] chosen."
(Matthew 22:14)

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you"
(John 15:16)

In case you are not sure, still, behold, Lord Jesus said:

"apart from Me you can do nothing"
(John 15:5)

That's a lot to chew on about election, and here is more, "The Righteous Sovereignty of God Post" (in this thread), "The Audience of Lord Jesus for John 14:16 and John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread), and "Matthias and Joseph in Exhibit 7 with the Lord Jesus and the Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread) contain the Truth.

B

brakelite

I haven't read every single post in this thread, but can I assume that the reason it is still active is because no-one has been able to answer the original question? May I repeat it?
How do you know you are one of the elect? If you answer because God has elected you, I still ask, how do you know you are one of those elected?

Reactions: CNKW3 and bbyrd009

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the problem?
You can't answer my question on free will?
Apparently, you have a great deal of trouble reading or you are blind! The answer to your question is in the post I previously made, which I am pasting for you:

God's mercy to you,
Kermos

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to notice that in the passage you quoted, Romans 10:16-21, does not say that the Jews had the ability to choose God. God shows patience toward the lost, even those that claim to have free will to choose God, but the time of patience will come to an end, and at that time the wrath of God will fall upon the people who claim to do the opposite of that which Lord Jesus said (John 15:16).

Apparently, you missed this:

He chose Abraham to birth Israel. Out of these ppl the Messiah would come. But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;[Romans 9:6] Not every Jew was God's elect. (that's a quote from SovereignGrace's post).

Only a fool would write that election is not for salvation. Elect and chosen are the same thing.

Lord Jesus said:

"For many are called, but few [are] chosen."
(Matthew 22:14)

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you"
(John 15:16)

In case you are not sure, still, behold, Lord Jesus said:

"apart from Me you can do nothing"
(John 15:5)

That's a lot to chew on about election, and here is more, "The Righteous Sovereignty of God Post" (in this thread), "The Audience of Lord Jesus for John 14:16 and John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread), and "Matthias and Joseph in Exhibit 7 with the Lord Jesus and the Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread) contain the Truth.
Gotta say I really like the above. Lots on here do the small talk, compromise, are appeasing doters that wouldn't stand for truth because they want to be thought of well.