All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, they have God as the puppet. They have Him on a bunch of their strings. Plus, He is the Clay and they are to potter. What they don’t like about Him, they lop it off and mold it until He looks just like them, and agrees with them on every point. :(
That is horrifying. It is like what Isaiah wrote...

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This proves you to be an heretic, for Christ promised this..
Mathew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
So, we know he promised to build a church, so I will ask again....
WHAT CHURCH DID HE BUILD? Does anybody else want to try. I might start that thread so we can focus.
I was talking about physical church buildings made of wood. The word church in Greek means assembly. Church was taken from the German word kirche(seen it spelled Kirk, too). The building doesn’t make the church, the ppl do. Burn the building down, the church, the assembly of believers is still there.

But the church is not the building, but the body of local believers who worship there.

Reactions: 101G

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian courier..
lt is a matter of historical record that there were churches of Christ – both in Europe and in America – before Alexander Campbell had a clear concept of what primitive Christianity was all about. Leslie G. Thomas has documented New Testament churches in Scotland, England, and Ireland, dating between 1778 and 1810 (The Restoration Handbook, 73).
Link?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how these people just meld a bunch of out of context verses together to come up with their quasi-gospel.

For instance, the oft-misused "God is no respecter of persons!!!" card. This is used against clear texts that show God elects to salvation based on nothing in man. They use it to say it is impossible because he doesn't show favoritism like that and so their misused verse cancels that out, and it's all good again.

But...

Then they go on to teach that they were elected because they jumped through a hoop, and because of that were chosen, which goes directly against their misusage of "Not a respecter of persons" and shows that he really is as long as it's them, and that all of a sudden is just fine and dandy.
Wow, amazing! Thank God that you posted that!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to talk about the nation of Israel in the Old Testament or about salvation through the gospel? You aren’t a part of the nation of Israel so I guess that leaves you out.
God deals with ppl the same in old and new testaments. Your dispensationalism is showing, bruh...

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about physical church buildings made of wood. The word church in Greek means assembly. Church was taken from the German word kirche(seen it spelled Kirk, too). The building doesn’t make the church, the ppl do. Burn the building down, the church, the assembly of believers is still there.

But the church is not the building, but the body of local believers who worship there.
Ok, then answer the question...what church did Jesus build. We know it’s not a building. He said he would build HIS church. What was it?
This is a pretty good website...I might buy the book.
Church of Christ history

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, then answer the question...what church did Jesus build. We know it’s not a building. He said he would build HIS church. What was it?
Church of Christ history
He was talking about establishing His kingdom. This kingdom is comprised of all believers.

The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians. They pleaded for the Bible as the only standard of faith, without additional creeds, and for the unity of the people of God by the restoration of New Testament Christianity. Refusing affiliation with any sect, they called themselves simply Christians.

Church of Christ | American Protestantism

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church of Christ history

About the author, Keith Sisman

Keith is the preacher at the Cambridge City Church of Christ, the congregation is active on the campus of the University City, for details of their outreach please click here along with pictures of the historic city.

Fair, balanced and unbiased book.

#NOT! :rolleyes:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was talking about establishing His kingdom. This kingdom is comprised of all believers.

The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians. They pleaded for the Bible as the only standard of faith, without additional creeds, and for the unity of the people of God by the restoration of New Testament Christianity. Refusing affiliation with any sect, they called themselves simply Christians.

Church of Christ | American Protestantism
You are correct. The kingdom, that is currently in existence, that Jesus established on Pentecost, is made up of believers that ALL organize, operate, and teach the same doctrine. They were added by the Lord to HIS church after they obeyed the preaching of Peter in acts 2. After they had believed, repented and were baptized for the remission of sins which none of you preach, teach, or believe.
So, that excludes baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc. do you want to be a part of the baptist church that teaches baptist doctrine or a part of the church that Jesus built that teaches HIS doctrine...the church of Christ. 2 Jn 9

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About the author, Keith Sisman

Keith is the preacher at the Cambridge City Church of Christ, the congregation is active on the campus of the University City, for details of their outreach please click here along with pictures of the historic city.

Fair, balanced and unbiased book.

#NOT! :rolleyes:
This isn’t a book about doctrine. This is a book about church history. The subject you brought up. The book has evidence, pictures and writings speaking if the church of Christ hundreds of years ago. Their is no bias in facts. This isn’t his opinion he is just documenting. You don’t like it then fine..

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct. The kingdom, that is currently in existence, that Jesus established on Pentecost, is made up of believers that ALL organize, operate, and teach the same doctrine. They were added by the Lord to HIS church after they obeyed the preaching of Peter in acts 2. After they had believed, repented and were baptized for the remission of sins which none of you preach, teach, or believe.
So, that excludes baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc. do you want to be a part of the baptist church that teaches baptist doctrine or a part of the church that Jesus built that teaches HIS doctrine...the church of Christ. 2 Jn 9
Yet, there is no history of your church until the 1800’s. Unless you want to claim slanted reports given by ppl within the Church of Christ as proof.

Good bye.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another site ran by the Church if Christ. You can’t give me any unbiased stuff, can you?
Again the article reports facts nit just opinions. You brought up Campbell and so far I have given you everything you asked for. This is just more proof that Alexander Campbell started NO CHURCH.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, there is no history of your church until the 1800’s. Unless you want to claim slanted reports given by ppl within the Church of Christ as proof.

Good bye.
I gave you the book documenting church history in England for hundreds of years. You’ve been proven wrong so move on. Go sacrifice some more animals. I here the sheep a calling..

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The robbers who had been crucified with Him were also insulting Him with the same words.[Matthew 27:44]

Those who were crucified with Him were also insulting Him.[Mark 15:32b]

One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!”[Luke 23:39-42]

The gospel of John does not record these two thieves words.

Matthew and Mark both record the thief on the Christ's right side insulted Him(as did the thief on His left side). Luke recorded the thief on the right having a completely different demeanor after first insulting Him. So, what caused the thief on the right side have a change in his demeanor towards the Christ while the thief on His left side still hurled insults at Him?
Yes SG, I know that this is a common question from your side of the fence.
The fact is that different factors could cause a person to accept God or not accept God.

The fact that we can't know exactly why any one person has NOT accepted God,,,is no reason to believe that God chooses who will be saved and who will not.

God reveals Himself to all men..from the beginning of time,
Romans 1:19-20.

Jesus Himself said that most will follow the wide path to the wide gate....
that leads to destruction. He also tells us that we should enter by the narrow gate that leads to life and few there be that find it.

WE have to find the narrow gate....
No need for Jesus to speak the above words if the CHOICE was not up to us.

Mathew 7:13-14
13“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14“For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Where in the above verses does it state that GOD will get us either into the narrow gate or the wide gate?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so Jesus just made everybody else stand up. What a guy!
The lengths people go to!!
Here is an application of the word "IF":

IF
There were only 12 Apostles at supper with Jesus recorded in John chapters 13-17
AND
Jesus said "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper" recorded in John 14:16
AND
The Holy Spirit indwelled the 120 people at Pentecost recorded in Acts 1:15 and Acts 2:4
THEN
The "you" recorded in John chapters 13-17 spoken by Jesus is all disciples in all time of Jesus which includes the "you" when Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" recorded in John 15:16.

That was enlightening, so here is another application of the word "IF":

IF
There were additional disciples beyond the 12 Apostles at supper with Jesus recorded in John chapters 13-17
THEN
The "you" recorded in John chapters 13-17 spoken by Jesus is all disciples in all time of Jesus which includes the "you" when Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" recorded in John 15:16.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Regardless of approach, God is the One that chooses!

In case you failed to notice, regardless of "IF" clause approach above, your doctrine and theology are proven to be error, more accurately false accusation against the Living God. @Enoch111, this goes for you as well.

In your arrogance CKNW3, you insult Lord Jesus with your negative connotation "stand up" comment.

Jesus is Lord and God (John 20:28)!

"The Righteous Sovereignty of God Post" (in this thread), "The Audience of Lord Jesus for John 14:16 and John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread), and "Matthias and Joseph in Exhibit 7 with the Lord Jesus and the Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread) contain the Truth.

Reactions: SovereignGrace