All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that’s why they, the Churches of Christ, can’t be traced back to the days of the Apostles. Their history starts in the 1800’s with Alexander Campbell and the “Restoration Movement”.
So what church did Jesus build? Will ANYBODY please answer that question!

If it was the baptist, then by using scripture, show us how it was designated, how they operated, how they were organized, the doctrine that they taught, and it should look like a present day baptist, Methodist, etc.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Whosoever will" is referring to free will, not puppets.
God is the Potter, people are the clay - the thing molded by the Potter (Isaiah 64:8, Romans 9:20-23). He molds vessels of mercy (which are filled with the Spirit of God) as well as vessels of wrath (which are filled with the spirit of the evil one).

By using the word "puppet" in a derogatory fashion, you exhibit your contempt for God! You exhibit your contempt for God's work - vessels of mercy!

No, CharismaticLady, Lord Jesus said "whoever believes" in John 3:16.

PASSION, passion is the love of the Word of God! Passion to speak, hear, be consumed by, to love and be loved by the Truth - the Word of God!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Because God drew me to Himself and revealed His Son in me.
ah, and that's what the Son looks like too, the muscles an all?
were you around for that "mark of Cain" reveal a year or so ago, incidentally?

and ps when you get a didomi gift rather than a charizohmy one you might be waiting for the present, ok. just sayin bro

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the Potter, people are the clay - the thing molded by the Potter (Isaiah 64:8, Romans 9:20-23). He molds vessels of mercy (which are filled with the Spirit of God) as well as vessels of wrath (which are filled with the spirit of the evil one).

By using the word "puppet" in a derogatory fashion, you exhibit your contempt for God! You exhibit your contempt for God's work - vessels of mercy!

No, CharismaticLady, Lord Jesus said "whoever believes" in John 3:16.

PASSION, passion is the love of the Word of God! Passion to speak, hear, be consumed by, to love and be loved by the Truth - the Word of God!
Actually, they have God as the puppet. They have Him on a bunch of their strings. Plus, He is the Clay and they are to potter. What they don’t like about Him, they lop it off and mold it until He looks just like them, and agrees with them on every point. :(

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a sense I do appreciate the idea of not being bound by denominational labels.

Something stirs a memory that the CoC seems to believe in baptismal regeneration, if I'm not mistaken.
What do you mean by “baptismal regeneration”? Baptism does save but it’s not because of the water. It saves because God commanded it as a part of the gospel. It saves because GOD said that it is the point at which sins are removed....
Colossians 2:11-13 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, WHEREIN also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
It saves because it is at that point the believer takes part in Jesus resurrection.
So, no the water does absolutely nothing of it’s self.
Did the water cleanse Naaman in 2 kings 5? Yes. Why? Because God chose it as the means for cleansing his leprosy. It is the exact same today..

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how these people just meld a bunch of out of context verses together to come up with their quasi-gospel.

For instance, the oft-misused "God is no respecter of persons!!!" card. This is used against clear texts that show God elects to salvation based on nothing in man. They use it to say it is impossible because he doesn't show favoritism like that and so their misused verse cancels that out, and it's all good again.

But...

Then they go on to teach that they were elected because they jumped through a hoop, and because of that were chosen, which goes directly against their misusage of "Not a respecter of persons" and shows that he really is as long as it's them, and that all of a sudden is just fine and dandy.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bit difficult for meaningful fellowship if the whole grounds of professed life in Christ supposedly revolves around water baptism. (I don't see water baptism in John 3.16, Ephesians 2, etc.)
I can show you water baptism in both Jn 3:16 and in Ephesians 2.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not dismissing baptism, but we have to put emphasis where emphasis is needed. No amount of water dunking changes a person’s spiritual state. Only grace and grace alone does that.
You just said grace alone. That must exclude faith since you can’t have two things if it’s “grace alone”. Alone means.....BY ITSELF
The definition says......no one else present. If salvation is by ANYTHING alone, by definition, you exclude everything else.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is really interesting is that not all the "elect" are saved.

Isaiah 45:4
For Jacob My servant’s sake, And Israel My elect, I have even called you by your name; I have named you, though you have not known Me.
The elect are in a saved state, but you are correct. Not all of the elect will be saved. Peter, who was writing to the elect tells them that if they turn back to the world in which they left they will be lost.
2 pet 2:20,21

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just said grace alone. That must exclude faith since you can’t have two things if it’s “grace alone”. Alone means.....BY ITSELF
The definition says......no one else present. If salvation is by ANYTHING alone, by definition, you exclude everything else.
No. We are saved by grace. Faith is the vehicle by which it travels.

B

brakelite

You’re promoting a gospel of works. If they do their part, then God saves them. If they don’t do their part, then He won’t. You guys put the onus of salvation on fallen man, who hates God and will never seek Him.
I'm not promoting anything. I am simply asking, how do you KNOW you are one of the elect, chosen for salvation?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken for you subscribe to the false doctrine of "free will". The only "free will" mention in the New Testament - a single mention of it - is used in figurative fashion not actual application - thus the Apostle Paul successfully conveyed that doing good was at best an appearance of "free will" but not actual "free will". "Free will" is now dispensed to the doctrine of man.

Let's just look at the Lord Jesus' words recorded in John 3:16:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Wow, CharismaticLady, you sure did change the passage! You wrote "WHOSOEVER will accept Him of their own free will". Bad, bad, bad, changing the words of Jesus like that! Jesus did not say "whoever chooses to believe" nor did He say "accept Him" nor did He say "free will". Lord Jesus said "whoever believes" in John 3:16, and Lord Jesus said:

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."
(John 6:29)

See, CharismaticLady, that it is a work of God that a person believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent. God gives faith, that is election. Faith/belief is by God's choosing of the person! Lord Jesus said:

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you"
(John 15:16)

And these words of Jesus, God incarnate, close the door on people "accepting" or "choosing" or "willing" unto salvation.

We that are of Christ, born into His resurrection, live sanctified lives according to the Holy Spirit, for Lord Jesus says as much:

"But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."
(John 3:21)

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."
(John 16:7-11)

"You will know them by their fruits"
(Matther 7:16)

There you have it, good works are the fruit of the Spirit of God! That's not of man, CharismaticLady.

God is good, man is bad, God chooses man thus man inherits God's righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Lord Jesus said:

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."
(John 10:27-28)

Israel God's elect are safe for NO ONE CAN SNATCH GOD'S CHOSEN FROM GOD'S HAND!

"Free will" is against God! "Free will" is heresy. "Free will" leads to death. Only God can free a person from "free will" delusion!

By the @Nancy, you have bound yourself to wrong doctrince again, by your "like" of CharismaticLady's post!
God explained free will right from the beginning...
Genesis 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
The word IF demands choice. Doing? Means it is up to the individual to choose to DO or NOT TO DO.
God didn’t say....Sorry Cain I chose Abel, so there is no way you could have done the right thing. Do you see that in the text?

B

brakelite

where we provide Biblical answers,
I wasn't asking for a Biblical answer...I was asking for your personal testimony as to how you know you are/were elect/chosen.

Because God drew me to Himself and revealed His Son in me.
My apologies, thankyou, I didn't see this. Good answer. Are you aware that most members on this site, including myself, have that very same testimony? Yet you believe we are opposed to the gospel? How do you reconcile that?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it is context farouk. If the goodness of God resulted in an irresistible lead to repentance, explain the hard hearts of those who don't? It is called free will.
...snip

For the sorrow that is according to [the will] [of] God produces a repentance without regret, [leading] to salvation (2 Corinthians 7:10).

The Apostle Paul did not write "sorrow that is according to your free will" - no he did NOT - the Apostle Paul ascribed to God that which is rightly God's - Godly sorrow leading to repentance to salvation!

Read Romans 2:4 again:

Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

Notice that rebuke of people that despise repentance being from God! The Romans 2:4-11 passage does not indicate neither a person has the innate ability to repent nor "free will"; otherwise, Paul would be contradicting himself in 2 Corinthians 7:10 as well as the other accurate Bible passages that SovereignGrace has posted on the matter of repentance being from God.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what church did Jesus build? Will ANYBODY please answer that question!

You mean which denomination does God endorse, which is begging the question as you have God endorsing yours and damning all others? IOW it's not about Christ or truth, it's about what is on the sign out front.

If it was the baptist, then by using scripture, show us how it was designated, how they operated, how they were organized, the doctrine that they taught, and it should look like a present day baptist, Methodist, etc.

First, your question is asinine and non sequitur. Many here have shown you their teachings, and have backed them up with Scripture. You're so stuck on what the church sign says, which is fleshly pride, that you cannot see anything else. You're so certain you're endorsed and others are damned. Reminds me of Luke 18:9-11.

Yes, the sign does matter in many cases, yet, just because it says _______________ doesn't necessitate it's "true." You've been shown your errors, the church sign where you go does not negate this.