All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Here we have “setting free”, and it didn’t come first.

No. You place undue stress and invalid meaning on 'then'; it is not an Adverb of time so much as it is a mere Copulative, "Next....". The whole idea of "having been made free" is contained in the one word, 'eleutherohsentes'. "So [nuni]:- Having been freed by God / in God from sin you have been enslaved to, you (NOW) have the fruit unto sanctification." The "setting free" came first; it was forgiveness. It’s grace at first and last, because fruit is as much the gift of grace as is salvation.

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woe to you free willers because you are not covered by the Blood of Jesus since you do not believe on Lord Jesus for He declares Who He is for He declares that He chooses people for salvation thus God is sovereign in man's salvation (John 8:58 referring back to Exodus 3:14 and prior, John 15:16, John 15:5, Matthew 19:25-26, Matthew 9:1-7, Matthew 1:23)!

Prior posted 'woe to you free willers' (in this thread)

The Word of God, quoted in the following links to posts in this thread, reveals freewill is treacherously rebellious and a damnable lie.

These posts of this thread remain true, accurate, legitimate, legal, and Godly:

- The Righteous Sovereignty Of God Post

- The Audience Of Lord Jesus For John 14:16 And John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post

- Matthias And Joseph In Exhibit 7 With The Lord Jesus And The Apostles "All the Time" Post

- The Logic Statement (IF/THEN) Eliminating Any Question Of The Audience For The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 Being All Disciples In All Time Post

- (1) The Twelve mentioned in Matthew 26:20 et. al. does not indicate "only" the twelve, (2) Lord Jesus indicates in John 17:20 that the content of John chapters 13-17 applies to all His disciples of all time, and (3) the "you" in John 14:16 and the "you" in John 15:16 refer to all the disciples of Jesus in all time because of the about 120 recorded in Acts 1:15 and Acts 2:1-4 receiving the Holy Spirit as well as the Gentiles at Cornelius' place recorded in Acts 10:44 receiving the Holy Spirit Post

- The Repentance Is From God Not Conjured Up In Man By Man Post

- The Biblical Definition of Disciple Includes More People Than The 12 Apostles Post

- The Audience, Salvation, And 'I chose you' Words of Lord Jesus In John 15:16 and John 15:19 Post

- The God Chooses/Elects Unto Salvation Post

- Lord Jesus Describes Part Of His Essence/Character - God Alone Chooses In Salvation Doctrine Post

- The Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:16-17, and Joshua 24:15 Reveal The Sovereignty Of God In Man's Salvation Post

- Addendum to Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:16-17 Post Explaining Absence Of Choose Conjugate As Well As IF/THEN Application In Genesis 1-3 Post

- 1 Timothy 2:4 Exposited Truthfully That The Work Is Not Of Man Rather The Work Is Of God Post

- Demonstrating "Whole World" Indicates Multiple Meanings Regarding People In First John Where Two Starkly Differing Uses Of "World" Occur (1 John 2:2 and 1 John 5:19) Post

- The Further Use Of "World" Exposited Truthfully Demonstrating That Belief/Faith In A Believer Is A Work of God - John 3:16 and John 6:29 and John 15:16 Post

- The Intrinsic Quality of Christ Jesus includes God Choosing People for Salvation Not Vice Versa Post

- The Blessed Assurance of True Godly Worship and Love Post

- The Blood of Christ Being The Wedding Garment in Matthew 22:1-14 Post

- Both the promise of the Holy Spirit and the declaration by Lord Jesus that God chooses people not people choosing God occur in the self-same supper encounter described by the Apostle John in chapters 13 - 17 Post

Continued to post #1383

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued from post #1382

Free-Will Doctrinal Error Amplified By Faulty English Translations And Free-Willian Lust For Glory In Salvation Exposed:

+ "@Taken: Do Not Be Taken Away In Free-will Error By Faulty English Translations (Includes Faulty Change Covenant To Agreement Rebuttal) Post

+ @GodsGrace: List of Lies Including About History Post

+ @GodsGrace: Illegally Try To Shoehorn 'Choose' Into John 3:16 Post

+ @GodsGrace: The Majesty of God in Matthew 6:13 - God leads, God delivers; God's Power Forever, God's Glory Forever Post

+ @CNKW3: Beholding Greek of 1 Peter 1:21-22 to see "God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth" NOT people purifying themselves RATHER God purifying people Post

+ @CNKW3: Vessels Of Mercy Obey God In God's Power Versus Vessels Of Destruction Deny God's Word In Their Own Sin Post

+ @CNKW3: Persists In Denial Of The Word Of God By CNKW3 Trying To Make The Apostle Peter Say Different Than Lord Jesus Post

+ @CNKW3: More About Phrases About God's Control Sandwiching The Free-will Illusion Phrase Of The English Mistranslations of 1 Peter 1:22 Post

+ @CNKW3: More About Verses About The Promise Of The Holy Spirit To All Believers In All Time Presented By Lord Jesus At The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 With The Implications Of Jesus Saying 'You' In John 15:16 Post

+ @CNKW3: More Proof That The Word 'IF' Does Not Denote Ability Post

+ @CNKW3: Obey Defined Is 'To Fulfill The Command' - There Is No 'Choice' In The Definition With Scriptural Support For 'Believe' Not 'Choose To Believe' Post

+ @Enoch111: Fails to Understand 'Receive' Definition While Fails To Understand Acts 2 While Failing To Understand John 3:16 Post

+ @Earburner: adds "whosoever" to Revelation 22:17 right in front of condemnation for adding to Revelation in Revelation 22:18 as well as misapplies Hebrews 2:9

+ @Earburner: adds context illegally to Revelation 3:20 to try to support free-will

+ @brakelite: Do not break the light! Love is a Fruit of the Spirit of Truth (Galatians 5:22), so a person must be born of the Holy Spirit to love (John 3:3) and understand love (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

Returning to more of the Word of God, quoted in the following links, revealing freewill devotee's treachery and rebellion.

- God Blesses Us With Biblical History, And Free Willians/Pelagians/Armenians Fail To Understand History Post

- A Command Does Not Convey Ability To Carry Out The Command Post

- Squelching the Armenian Argument Of 'God specifically chooses to send some persons to hell' Post

- The Word of God Eliminates WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS Post

- The Apostle Peter Reiterates The Promise Of The Holy Spirit For All Believers In All Time (Acts 2:38-39 and Acts 2:18) That Lord Jesus Gave (John 15:26) Post

- All NT Letters Are To Believers So The Holy Spirit Gives Perspective In Hebrews 2:9 And "whosoever" Is Absent From Revelation 22:17

- We Believers Are Adopted In (Ephesians 1:5), Grafted In (Romans 11:17), Birthed In To The Kingdom Of God (John 3:3, John 3:5)

- Richly Scriptural post illuminating the exclusive sovereignty of God in man's salvation

- Fruit of the Holy Spirit of God in we believers explained, and this post includes the contrast between fruit of the flesh and Fruit of the Spirit of God

- Baptism/Immersion is of God, Living Water, in we believers

- BAPTISM, BELIEVERS, AND BEAUTY: The Godly Understanding Of Immersion in and exclusively by the Holy Spirit

- The Indwelling Hoy Spirit in believers is required to understand Scripture properly.

- More about the Indwelling Hoy Spirit in believers is required to understand Scripture properly.

- Even more about the Indwelling Hoy Spirit in believers is required to understand Scripture properly.

The Wonderful Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), and Jesus, Who is Lord, says "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever" (John 14:16), and Jesus, my Lord and my God, speaks these things to all His sheep of all time, and He has chosen we believers and He has given us believers the Holy Spirit!

THERE IS NO LEVEL THAT A PERSON CAN CHOOSE LORD JESUS BECAUSE HE SAID "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU" (JOHN 15:16) - JESUS, BEING GOD, DID NOT PROVIDE ANY EXCEPTION FOR CHOOSING TOWARD JESUS. LORD JESUS SPEAKS TO ALL BELIEVERS IN ALL TIME BECAUSE HE ALSO SAID "I DO NOT ASK ON BEHALF OF THESE ALONE, BUT FOR THOSE ALSO WHO BELIEVE IN ME THROUGH THEIR WORD" (JOHN 17:20)! ALL THESE WORDS OF JESUS ARE AT THE SAME SUPPER! ALL GLORY IS GOD'S! WITH MAN, SALVATION IS IMPOSSIBLE (MATTHEW 19:25-26)! ALL GLORY IN THE SALVATION OF MAN IS GOD'S (JOHN 15:5, ISAIAH 42:8)!

God saves by God's grace for God's glory! Praise the Lord Jesus!

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I EVER say the “indwelling of the HS” was ONLY for the Apostles? Show me the quote. If not then admit you are building a straw man to argue against. I’ll be looking for my quote about the indwelling.
It is the implication of your writing, CNKW3, your words convey your meaning. During the time in this thread that I proclaimed that Lord Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to all believers in all time during the supper covered in John 13-17 here is an example quote of your words that conveys your denial of the Holy Spirit:

"The HS DID NOT indwell the 120. I have already showed that in acts 1 it is the apostles and ONLY the apostles promised the power of the Spirit in acts 1"

There it is, you denied the indwelling Holy Spirit since the 120 DID RECEIVE THE FILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! Your quoted contrivance conveys that the Holy Spirit is only for the Apostles by way of your first sentence.

If you want more examples of how your writing conveys that you deny the indwelling Holy Spirit, which you irreverantly abbreviate, then you go do your own homework by rereading your own deceptive posts.

BTW, the second post on this page contains the links to the proper teaching about the the indwelling Holy Spirit, including the examination of Acts chapter 1 and chapter 2.

You are also dead wrong in your claim that you can choose Jesus which is the opposite of that which Lord Jesus said (John 15:16); therefore, you call the Word of Truth a lie!

THERE IS NO LEVEL THAT A PERSON CAN CHOOSE LORD JESUS BECAUSE HE SAID "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU" (JOHN 15:16) - JESUS, BEING GOD, DID NOT PROVIDE ANY EXCEPTION FOR CHOOSING TOWARD JESUS. LORD JESUS SPEAKS TO ALL BELIEVERS IN ALL TIME BECAUSE HE ALSO SAID "I DO NOT ASK ON BEHALF OF THESE ALONE, BUT FOR THOSE ALSO WHO BELIEVE IN ME THROUGH THEIR WORD" (JOHN 17:20)! ALL THESE WORDS OF JESUS ARE AT THE SAME SUPPER! ALL GLORY IS GOD'S! WITH MAN, SALVATION IS IMPOSSIBLE (MATTHEW 19:25-26)! ALL GLORY IN THE SALVATION OF MAN IS GOD'S (JOHN 15:5, ISAIAH 42:8)!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You place undue stress and invalid meaning on 'then'; it is not an Adverb of time so much as it is a mere Copulative, "Next....". The whole idea of "having been made free" is contained in the one word, 'eleutherohsentes'. "So [nuni]:- Having been freed by God / in God from sin you have been enslaved to, you (NOW) have the fruit unto sanctification." The "setting free" came first; it was forgiveness. It’s grace at first and last, because fruit is as much the gift of grace as is salvation.
So they were not freed AFTER obedience to that form of doctrine? That’s not what the text says.
The text says....you were slaves, BUT you obeyed. It’s only AFTER this statement that he mentions they were freed from sin.
Earlier in the chapter he had already stated that they had been buried with Christ in baptism and “raised to walk in newness of life”. If that’s not “freed from sin” then I don’t know what is. You are born again, quickened, made alive, raised to a new life, a new creation, AFTER and ONLY AFTER your sins are forgiven.
When were those on Pentecost “freed” from sin?
How about acts 3:19. Before or after obedience.
When was Saul of Tarsus washed or “freed” from sin?
When were those in Colossae “quickened” “made alive” or “freed” from sin?
The Bible is in complete harmony about at what point a person has their sins remitted, forgiven, washed, blotted out, and it is NOT at the point of mentally accepting Christ as your savior, or even after saying some prayer.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...snip...
CNKW3 is incapable of understanding scripture in CNKW's current state because CNKW3 denies the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers in all time.

The Apostle Peter wrote "no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of one's own interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20-21).

You keep proving the accuracy of the Apostle Peter's words because you do not understand the Scripture which you try to interpret in your own faulty interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)!

BTW, the second post on this page contains the links to the proper teaching about the the indwelling Holy Spirit, including the examination of Acts chapter 1 and chapter 2.

You are also dead wrong in your claim that you can choose Jesus which is the opposite of that which Lord Jesus said (John 15:16); therefore, you call the Word of Truth a lie!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CNKW3 is incapable of understanding scripture in CNKW's current state because CNKW3 denies the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers in all time.

The Apostle Peter wrote "no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of one's own interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20-21).

You keep proving the accuracy of the Apostle Peter's words because you do not understand the Scripture which you try to interpret in your own faulty interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)!

You still didn’t provide the evidence where I said.....the indwelling was ONLY for the apostles.
But you don’t care....you make everything else up why not this.

You keep posting Jn 15 where it says “I chose you”.
Ok. Prove to me that Jesus “chose you”. Because I don’t believe he did. We know you dont have any miraculous abilities, or evidence that the Spirit dwells in you. So, prove to me that you are the one Jesus “CHOSE”! Posting a couple of passages, unless they have your name on them won’t cut it. Anybody can claim anything they want. It doesn’t make it so. Those in the first century could “prove” they had the Spirit. They could demonstrate. You can’t. You just ramble.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still didn’t provide the evidence where I said.....the indwelling was ONLY for the apostles.
But you don’t care....you make everything else up why not this.

You keep posting Jn 15 where it says “I chose you”.
Ok. Prove to me that Jesus “chose you”. Because I don’t believe he did. We know you dont have any miraculous abilities, or evidence that the Spirit dwells in you. So, prove to me that you are the one Jesus “CHOSE”! Posting a couple of passages, unless they have your name on them won’t cut it. Anybody can claim anything they want. It doesn’t make it so. Those in the first century could “prove” they had the Spirit. They could demonstrate. You can’t. You just ramble.
Since you are blind to what the God of all creation (including over believers and the very belief/faith of believers) does with me physically and spiritually, that puts you the position of "speaking evil" (Matthew 5:11).

You do not listen instead you impose your own interpretation on Scripture.

You, CNKW3, are incapable of understanding scripture in you current state because you deny the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers in all time.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you are blind to what the God of all creation (including over believers and the very belief/faith of believers) does with me physically and spiritually, that puts you the position of "speaking evil" (Matthew 5:11).

You, CNKW3, are incapable of understanding scripture in you current state because you deny the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers in all time.

Prove to me that “HE CHOSE YOU” because I think you are a liar. You ramble but can’t PROVE anything. What do you use as proof for your position with Christ? Forget me and my lack of understanding.
If you have been “chosen” you should be able to prove it to all regardless of their understanding.
You’re a false teacher that just makes claims without demonstration. I believe you are from the devil. Prove to me you aren’t.

People scoff at the idea of “proof”. But Paul didn’t. When he wrote to the church in Corinth he said..
2 Corinthians 2:9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
He wanted to know that they were being obedient IN ALL THINGS. Proof!
When I look at scripture I can see that you are NOT obedient in all things so, I know without a doubt that Christ DID NOT choose you!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the implication of your writing, CNKW3, your words convey your meaning. During the time in this thread that I proclaimed that Lord Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to all believers in all time during the supper covered in John 13-17 here is an example quote of your words that conveys your denial of the Holy Spirit:

"The HS DID NOT indwell the 120. I have already showed that in acts 1 it is the apostles and ONLY the apostles promised the power of the Spirit in acts 1"

There it is, you denied the indwelling Holy Spirit since the 120 DID RECEIVE THE FILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! Your quoted contrivance conveys that the Holy Spirit is only for the Apostles by way of your first sentence.
In acts 1. Who was the promise of the HS made to? Answer this please. I’ll help.
Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
See. He is with the APOSTLES “whom he had chosen”. Giving THEM commandments. Where’s the 120?
This also goes back to the “I chose you” statement in John 15. This is more proof that the “I chose you” statement was ONLY for the apostles and not everybody.
Let’s continue...
Acts 1:4-5,8 And, being assembled together with them, (the apostles) commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye (still the apostles) shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. But ye (the apostles! Where is the 120) shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: (the apostles) and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Where is the 120? They are back in Jerusalem
Then returned they (the apostles) unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
It is only then that the apostles reconnect with other brethren. And it is 10 days later that the HS fell on the apostles, in Jerusalem, just as was promised.
What about acts 8?
We are told that they heard, believed and were baptized, but the HS had fallen on NONE of them. Acts 8:16
If you are correct, then Christ messed up. He left disciples out that should have received the Spirit but didn’t.

If you want more examples of how your writing conveys that you deny the indwelling Holy Spirit, which you irreverantly abbreviate, then you go do your own homework by rereading your own deceptive posts.
That’s not up to me. You are making false accusations. You must PROVE that’s what I said and teach.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove to me that “HE CHOSE YOU” because I think you are a liar. You ramble but can’t PROVE anything. What do you use as proof for your position with Christ? Forget me and my lack of understanding.
If you have been “chosen” you should be able to prove it to all regardless of their understanding.
You’re a false teacher that just makes claims without demonstration. I believe you are from the devil. Prove to me you aren’t.

People scoff at the idea of “proof”. But Paul didn’t. When he wrote to the church in Corinth he said..
2 Corinthians 2:9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
He wanted to know that they were being obedient IN ALL THINGS. Proof!
When I look at scripture I can see that you are NOT obedient in all things so, I know without a doubt that Christ DID NOT choose you!
"An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" says Lord Jesus (Matthew 12:39).

BTW, the second post on this page contains the links to the proper teaching about the the indwelling Holy Spirit, including the examination of Acts chapter 1 and chapter 2. All of your confused interpretation means death, CNKW3. Still, I'll include this link to the Godly accurate post that exposes your deceit:
(1) The Twelve mentioned in Matthew 26:20 et. al. does not indicate "only" the twelve, (2) Lord Jesus indicates in John 17:20 that the content of John chapters 13-17 applies to all His disciples of all time, and (3) the "you" in John 14:16 and the "you" in John 15:16 refer to all the disciples of Jesus in all time because of the about 120 recorded in Acts 1:15 and Acts 2:1-4 receiving the Holy Spirit as well as the Gentiles at Cornelius' place recorded in Acts 10:44 receiving the Holy Spirit Post.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" says Lord Jesus (Matthew 12:39).
So, you are comparing yourself to Jesus now?
Hahaha. Are you saying Jesus NEVER gave a sign? He did the miraculous everywhere he went. EVERYBODY knew of Jesus and what he could do. You can’t do ANYTHING but ramble. Everybody knew the people who had the Spirit. Acts 4:14.
I know of NOBODY, even in my own community, who has the Spirit. Many claim, none can demonstrate anything. I just got through watching jimmy Swaggert saying he had the Spirit and ALL he can do is jabber some nonsense. If Christ “chose” you then you should be able to do something? Anything?
Not just you but ALLL those like you around the world, even in my own community. Somebody should be able to demonstrate SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are comparing yourself to Jesus now?
Hahaha. Are you saying Jesus NEVER gave a sign? He did the miraculous everywhere he went. EVERYBODY knew of Jesus and what he could do. You can’t do ANYTHING but ramble. Everybody knew the people who had the Spirit. Acts 4:14.
I know of NOBODY, even in my own community, who has the Spirit. Many claim, none can demonstrate anything. I just got through watching jimmy Swaggert saying he had the Spirit and ALL he can do is jabber some nonsense. If Christ “chose” you then you should be able to do something? Anything?
Not just you but ALLL those like you around the world, even in my own community. Somebody should be able to demonstrate SOMETHING, ANYTHING!
Let's see, I quote Lord Jesus saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). THE WORD OF GOD SPEAKS yet you vehemently deny via your claim to be able to choose Jesus at some level.

I quote Lord Jesus refuting the demand for a proof/sign, "An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" (Matthew 12:39). THE WORD OF GOD SPEAKS yet you do not understand (2 Peter 1:20-21), so I explicitly explain that you are part and parcel of an evil and adulterous generation craving for a proof! Let's just get this straight, Lord Jesus performs miracles, yet an "evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" (Matthew 12:39).

You do not understand scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21)! I recited the Word of God which you reject Lord Jesus' declaration of His intrinsic quality further you do not receive Lord Jesus' sayings (John 15:16), and it is written "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48), the Word of God speaks.

There's more, CNKW3, the Word of God speaks with "he who does not believe has been condemned already" (John 3:18), and the ONLY way a person can believe is by the work of God for the Word of God speaks "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29). Even faith/belief in us believers is an act of God, kind and gracious and loving of God, I can even say it's miraculous since God causes us believers to be born again BY THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH!

Since you do not understand Scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21), your own interpretation is flawed for the Book of Acts of the Holy Spirit! You, CNKW3, are incapable of understanding scripture in you current state because you deny the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers in all time.

BTW, the second post on this page contains the links to the proper teaching about the the indwelling Holy Spirit, including the examination of Acts chapter 1 and chapter 2. All of your confused interpretation means death, CNKW3. Still, I'll include this link to the Godly accurate post that exposes your deceit:
(1) The Twelve mentioned in Matthew 26:20 et. al. does not indicate "only" the twelve, (2) Lord Jesus indicates in John 17:20 that the content of John chapters 13-17 applies to all His disciples of all time, and (3) the "you" in John 14:16 and the "you" in John 15:16 refer to all the disciples of Jesus in all time because of the about 120 recorded in Acts 1:15 and Acts 2:1-4 receiving the Holy Spirit as well as the Gentiles at Cornelius' place recorded in Acts 10:44 receiving the Holy Spirit Post.

You you claim you can believe apart from God. You claim to do the opposite of what Lord Jesus says, so you chose a false god not the true Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28).

The Apostle Peter wrote "no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of one's own interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20-21). You keep proving the accuracy of the Apostle Peter's words because you do not understand the Scripture which you try to interpret in your own faulty interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see, I quote Lord Jesus saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). THE WORD OF GOD SPEAKS yet you vehemently deny via your claim to be able to choose Jesus at some level.

I quote Lord Jesus refuting the demand for a proof/sign, "An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" (Matthew 12:39). THE WORD OF GOD SPEAKS yet you do not understand (2 Peter 1:20-21), so I explicitly explain that you are part and parcel of an evil and adulterous generation craving for a proof! Let's just get this straight, Lord Jesus performs miracles, yet an "evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" (Matthew 12:39).

You do not understand scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21)! I recited the Word of God which you reject Lord Jesus' declaration of His intrinsic quality further you do not receive Lord Jesus' sayings (John 15:16), and it is written "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48), the Word of God speaks.

There's more, CNKW3, the Word of God speaks with "he who does not believe has been condemned already" (John 3:18), and the ONLY way a person can believe is by the work of God for the Word of God speaks "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29). Even faith/belief in us believers is an act of God, kind and gracious and loving of God, I can even say it's miraculous since God causes us believers to be born again BY THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH!

Since you do not understand Scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21), your own interpretation is flawed for the Book of Acts of the Holy Spirit! You, CNKW3, are incapable of understanding scripture in you current state because you deny the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers in all time.

You you claim you can believe apart from God. You claim to do the opposite of what Lord Jesus says, so you chose a false god not the true Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28).

The Apostle Peter wrote "no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of one's own interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20-21). You keep proving the accuracy of the Apostle Peter's words because you do not understand the Scripture which you try to interpret in your own faulty interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)!

You can post the entire bible if you want but it doesn’t prove that you personally have the HS in you. I’ve already said I dont believe you. You can claim anything you want but you can’t demonstrate, you know it, and I can tell it irritates you. How dare God leave you out when so many others in the first century could prove and demonstrate that they really did have the HS. This must mean God didn’t actually choose you.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can post the entire bible if you want but it doesn’t prove that you personally have the HS in you. I’ve already said I dont believe you. You can claim anything you want but you can’t demonstrate, you know it, and I can tell it irritates you. How dare God leave you out when so many others in the first century could prove and demonstrate that they really did have the HS. This must mean God didn’t actually choose you.
You are blind to what the God of all creation (including over believers and the very belief/faith of believers) does with me physically and spiritually, that puts you the position of "speaking evil" (Matthew 5:11).

You are blind to and incapable of understanding Scripture for the Apostle Peter wrote "no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of one's own interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20-21), so based on your denial of the indwelling Holy Spirit that makes your own interpretation wickedly deceitful for the Acts of the Holy Spirit! You bear fruit of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21).

You crave a sign/proof, yet again you write against the Word of God! The Word of God says "An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet" (Matthew 12:39).

It is sin to deny the Word of God! You deny the Word of God again and again.

The Holy Spirit is required to understand Scripture (John 16:7-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21). We believers chosen by Jesus Christ Lord and God (John 15:16, Matthew 16:16, John 8:58, John 20:28), born of the Spirit of God (John 3:3-8), imputed with faith/belief by God (John 6:29), and indwelt by the Spirit of God (John 15:26) - we believers understand Scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21) for the interpretation given to us believers is by the Holy Spirit! We believers bear fruit of the Spirit (John 15:5, John 15:26-27, John 17:20, Galatians 5:22-23).

You keep proving the accuracy of the Apostle Peter's words because you do not understand the Scripture which you try to interpret and teach in your own faulty interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)! Scripture indicates that you are a liar, and the devil is the father of lies (John 8:44).

May the Almighty God grant you wisdom!

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Kermos,

No matter how frequently you post Calvinistic nonsense, it does not change the truth. Unconditional Election is a lie.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kermos,

No matter how frequently you post Calvinistic nonsense, it does not change the truth. Unconditional Election is a lie.
Since you deny that God chooses people alone, that means by implication that you deny being a friend of God because in John 15:13-15 Lord Jesus says "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you" (John 15:13-15), and that is IMMEDIATELY followed by these words of Jesus, Lord and God, "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You are also dead wrong in your claim that you can choose Jesus which is the opposite of that which Lord Jesus declared with His words of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16); therefore, YOU CALL THE WORD OF TRUTH A LIE!

Enoch111, you write unscripturally for you provide no supporting scripture for your strange statements. The more you write unscripturally, the more that you prove the accuracy of the Apostle Peter's words because you do not understand the Scripture which you try to interpret and teach in your own faulty interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)! Scripture indicates that you are a liar, and the devil is the father of lies (John 8:44).

I quote the Word of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called “the elect”.
There is not a person on here that can PROVE they are one of the elect. You can’t demonstrate anything physically. You can’t point to anything in the Bible that proves that you personally have been selected. You can only point to generic passages talking about election. And in those passages there is NOTHING that points directly to you.
So, I want ALL those who think God chose you for election to please stand up and PROVE IT!!!
[Steve stands up]
1 Timothy 1:15. 'This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.'
I am a sinner. I have trusted in Jesus Christ, His perfect righteousness and sacrificial death to save me. Therefore I am saved. I read in Eph. 1:4 and elsewhere that God chose me for salvation before the foundation of the world; therefore I am elect.
However, my warrant for salvation is not that I am elect, but that I am a sinner and Jesus Christ saves such.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch111, you write unscripturally for you provide no supporting scripture for your strange statements.
That is simply HILARIOUS. But the fact of the matter is that even if you were presented with 100 scriptures proving conclusively that you have a false gospel, you would refuse to submit to the Word of God. That is what happens when people are ensnared in a cult. It is called WILFUL BLINDNESS.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called “the elect”.

That's too bad that you're tired of the truth. God has declared from the beginning that it is He, that He chooses. Note 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. Note "God chose" repeated in the text. Notice it also says because of Him we are in Christ, not because of us.

I am not tired of the idea, the idea came from God, and if God did not do this, none would be saved.

What am I "tired" over? That lost, wretched, God-hating spiritually dead sinners, while lost in sin saying THEY did it.