All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some of the Bible? The parts you like maybe?

Actually no - some of the parts that I really like I don't think are inspired.

But no ... I do not believe that all land creatures were killed in a flood that covered the entire earth around 2100-2300 BC.

Do you ?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually no - some of the parts that I really like I don't think are inspired.

But no ... I do not believe that all land creatures were killed in a flood that covered the entire earth around 2100-2300 BC.

Do you ?
Of course I believe the Bible.

Genesis 7:17-23 (NKJV)
17 Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth.
18 The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered.
20 The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
21 And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man.
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died.
23 So He destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the OT version of Satan better than the NT version - and am generally against apocalyptic narratives combined with religion -

I believe in judgement - don't need the Black vs White - Good vs Evil - God vs Devil paradigm clouding the issue - in hollywood format.

at the same time .. I also believe in prophecy - that some of the Bible is inspired - since I don't do Black vs White paradigms combined with established religion - and religious dogma in particular. That is the path to the dark side . the path to a weak foundation.
Once one realizes that God is not the author of stupidity - the Bible makes a lot more sense.

I single Paul out as one of the most misrepresented of the apostles - but for good reason - I am looking for the real Jesus - canonical non canonical - historical - what ever I can find to understand better .. but as importantly ... what can be defended. Since Paul tells us nothing about the life of Jesus .. that is not the best place to start .. and I will leave it at that.

but back to prophecy and inspired ! and from the most famous Sermon of the Divine one .. who are the "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" ?

The teachers of the Law and the Pharisee's .. once again .. who are the wolves ? and look at what these wolves did to the Church...
It was these wolves that brought us Trinity doctrine as well lest we forget.

This is a doctrine of men - a doctrine of Greek Philosophy - but this does not make the Trinity wrong. What it does do is make it a doctrine of Men - not inspired..

bad men .. who then killed other Christians for hundreds of years because although they all believed God is one - That Son was Subordinate to the Father could not be tolerated.

Hey .. perhaps these folks lucked out and got it right .. even a broken clock is correct twice a day .. but then I remember my rule .. that God is not the author of the idiocy which ended up killing Christians for 400 years ... and then when in these folks secured Rome in 700AD - having been in Arian hands for a few centuries ..thus ensued the 1000 years of horror ... broken by the enlightenment round 1700.

there .. how is that for prophecy :) Look out for those wolves ..

Even if you like the Black vs White narrative - and the hollywood version of revelations (I have a version as well .. just more fun :) )

Do you think it is different today ? .. that Satan is going to show up sporting red horns and a tail ? - that he was not able to corrupt - the holy book ? - but only to a point perhaps .. as The OT tells us that Satan only acts according to God's will in Job ... and this also a Father and Subordinate son relationship.

So if Satan messed with the book .. and certainly he has messed with the Dogma - "how will you recognize them" ?? Matt 7

The 1000 years of horror was not good fruit ... but have things changed ? They are still the Bad fruit - as per the Prophecy of Jesus.

You can call "Jesus Jesus" all you like - "OH I believe in the sacrament" - that don't mean Jesus is answering back... not so simple Simon met a pie mon..

What is Truth - Matt 7:12 .. is the answer .. to the question - "What is the will of the Father" but hearing is not enough .. one must now go out and do unto others as you would have done to you ...

For "this Rule Sums up the Law and the Prophets" and now hearing this .. you need to go out and do it - follow this rule ... as this is how you will be judged. this is how one builds foundation on rock.

anything involving the word "Fool" was very strong language back in the day ... don't want to be on that side of the fence.
more irony thanks once again. there has always been religious wars fought in Gods name since the beginning and will continue until the end.

so what nations did of Israel wipe out in the OT ?

who will Jesus wipe out at His 2nd Coming ?

hope this helps !!!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course I believe the Bible.

Well that does explain quite alot - and you believe that Children should be killed for the sin's of their parents as well - so good for you - Jesus would be proud - along with all the Islamists.

but back to that big flood round 2200 BC - How do you figure that all people were killed .. sans Noah and kin .. yet we have continuous civilization all over the world - throughout that period ?

Did you figure Satan came down and messed up the archaeology - history -- and so on ?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that does explain quite alot - and you believe that Children should be killed for the sin's of their parents as well - so good for you - Jesus would be proud - along with all the Islamists.

but back to that big flood round 2200 BC - How do you figure that all people were killed .. sans Noah and kin .. yet we have continuous civilization all over the world - throughout that period ?

Did you figure Satan came down and messed up the archaeology - history -- and so on ?
Have you never read the NT?
Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you never read the NT?
Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Sure .. and you are not the only NT believe that holds the view that Satan messed up archaeology and history - as this is the only way to account for the great flood myth in Genesis .. borrowed from ancient Sumerian Lore.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure .. and you are not the only NT believe that holds the view that Satan messed up archaeology and history - as this is the only way to account for the great flood myth in Genesis .. borrowed from ancient Sumerian Lore.
So you're telling us that God can't drown everyone on Earth but 8 "making them an example"? Who would stop Him? Do you chop up the NT also?

2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;

Last edited:

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you're telling us that God can't drown everyone on Earth but 8 "making them an example"? Who would stop Him? Do you chop up the NT also?

Didn't say he couldn't - and who is chopping up the NT but you - as that has nothing to do with who messed up archaeology and History.

So are you suggesting God did it .. or Satan did it ? and why do you continue to try to divert from the subject subject which is your believe in the entire Bible as the word of God.

Was it Satan or God that whisked away the geological evidence .. and planted archeological and historical evidence there to Trick us.

Tell me more about this Trickster you believe in.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't say he couldn't - and who is chopping up the NT but you - as that has nothing to do with who messed up archaeology and History.

So are you suggesting God did it .. or Satan did it ? and why do you continue to try to divert from the subject subject which is your believe in the entire Bible as the word of God.

Was it Satan or God that whisked away the geological evidence .. and planted archeological and historical evidence there to Trick us.

Tell me more about this Trickster you believe in.
Any pages left in your Bible?

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any pages left in your Bible?

Look at the desperate avoidance of the simple question. Was it Satan or God who wipe the geological record clean - and planted the archaeology and history.

Are you afraid to express your beliefs ? Why all the skirting of the issue ?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the desperate avoidance of the simple question. Was it Satan or God who wipe the geological record clean - and planted the archaeology and history.

Are you afraid to express your beliefs ? Why all the skirting of the issue ?
I told you my beliefs. The Bible. Many things the Bible is silent on. Speculate all you like. I'll believe in God of the Bible who said this is the terminal generation. Do you even have a Bible? Why do you profess to be Christian?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
More false accusations because you can not come up with a coherent argument - and so you default to falsehood and mumbling gibberish - projecting your issues onto others.

Trinity Doctrine and Scripture claims that there are differences between the Father, Son, and Spirit - so why are you shooting the messenger?

Don't blame me for your lack of understanding of your professed beliefs.
120732850_10208414013544155_4185270068183547368_n.jpg

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I get what you are saying but - you don't really address the Trinity doctrine with other than "its beyond human comprehension".

The Trinity doctrine was not created by God - it was created by men.
You talk about building ones foundation on Sand .. pinning all one's hopes on man made doctrine is building one's foundation on sand.

Let us step back a bit and just look at right and wrong - good and evil - since you seem not to want to discuss the actual nuts and bolts of this contradictory doctrine.

Introducing this doctrine resulted in huge division within the Church - When the Church God power it started rounding up Christians and killing them - calling any who did not accept this new man made doctrine heretics. 400 years of killing Christians since this doctrine was introduced and it finally became the sole doctrine.

When the Church consolidated power things got even worse -- the 1000 years of horror then ensued.

I don't need to go through the plethora of abominations that came out of this time period - who has not seen the torture chamber - the most horrific the mind can imagine - which were kept in the basements of Churches.

Is this what Jesus desired - that places of worship devoted to God be turned into torture chambers ? Whats worse is when Christians today try to apologize for this horror - as if God is somehow to blame for this atrocity - that it was all part of God's grand plan.

The actions of the Church were "anti" the teachings of Jesus .. anti - Christ. These people were so deceived and things got so bad .. that the Pope started to go after not just Christians but animals .. the Pope declaring that Cats were demonic which resulted in mass killing of torture of cats in horrific ways.

I refuse to believe that this was part of God's grand plan.

Sjame

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Every source I quoted is in agreement with the biblical and orthodox view on the Trinity which also includes the Creeds of Christendom on the Trinity and Deity of Christ. I'm in great company with the OT, NT, Jesus and the Apostles, Creeds and orthodoxy. You on the other hand are in opposition with all the above and MISREPRESENT the Trinity day in and day out and refuse to take correction for your deliberate misrepresentation which I have pointed out to you ad nauseam.

So I'm done explaining it to you since you refuse to listen.

hope this helps !!!
You are saved either through blood lost in murder, or through Soul poured out in Love; not both.

Spirit poured out in Life — Life poured out in Spirit Ps.31v5 Lk.23v46

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You keep claiming to have all this experience but, cannot come up with a coherent support for your claims - and then try to project your failings onto others. Perhaps you have been debating for 40 years - but in this time you have not learned the other side of the argument. The only way to be a good debater .. is to know what the best argument is on the other side is - and be able to refute it.

You don't even understand the terms you are using - never mind understand the argument from the other side.

It is you who does not understand the meaning of "co-equal" - and I who explained to you what the meaning was - using concepts you had never before heard of ... sure you may have heard the word "Homoousios" - but you have never known what this word means - in relation to 3 hypostasis of the Trinity.

Hypostasis | Encyclopedia.com

So next time you want to go running around crying "Gnostism" - because you hear words like hypostasis or emanation or God head - know that this was also the terminology that the Early Church was using - as these terms came from the same source - Greek Philosophy.

You didn't know what the similarities are between gnostism and trinity doctrine .. or the differences between gnostism and subordinantism.

Time to up your game.

Ignore ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the OT version of Satan better than the NT version - and am generally against apocalyptic narratives combined with religion -

• I prefer the Assurance through a New Better Testament provided to the Whole World. Giving OF Knowledge and inclusion of Gentiles.

Heb 7
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

John 6
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Luke 21:
[24] And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, untilthe times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

• Void of Mosaic Laws- while keeping Same Precepts.

Matt 5:17
[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Neh 9:
[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

• Hate is ripening, for Satan and his foot soldiers to be given great power.

Luke 21:
[17] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Rev 12:
[12] Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

• Glad the Lord has Provided Powerful Provisions of His Protection.

Matt 24:
[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Gen 6:
[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth;

Gen 7:
[18] And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the Face of the waters.

1 Thes 4:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in judgement - don't need the Black vs White - Good vs Evil - God vs Devil paradigm clouding the issue - in hollywood format.

Good Judgement is Good.
Gods WAY is Judging Evil, GUILTY.
Gods WAY does Not Judge INNOCENCE.

The Guilty are Separated From the Holy.
Those MADE Holy are Rewarded with the Crown of Life.

at the same time .. I also believe in prophecy - that some of the Bible is inspired - since I don't do Black vs White paradigms combined with established religion - and religious dogma in particular. That is the path to the dark side . the path to a weak foundation.
Once one realizes that God is not the author of stupidity - the Bible makes a lot more sense.

• The Bible is full of Knowledge.
...It is not designed to "make sense to a man's Logical thinking Mind". <-- The Mystery
...I would rather say the Scriptures are designed to Tell Truths... and man "in his hearts thoughts," has the Simple Option to Believe Without Seeing- or Not.

That ^ also a mystery (to some) of sorts.

A man's Hearts Thoughts...(naturally) are not capable of selection an Option Without Knowledge of the Option.
Men who hear/read the Scriptural Truths...
Are Gifted By God With Faith.
A Heart, being Filled with Faith, is thus Prepared...to choose the Option OF BELIEF WITHOUT SEEING. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.