All things sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great game. Congratulations to both teams and their respective fan bases.

It was a pretty gritty win. The game wasn't going well from a SD perspective, they were behind by double digits at several occasions and my son and I felt it slipping away-- then late in the second period -- a glimmer of hope after a pair of threes, 5/5 on the foul line and then suddenly they were right back in it. When they got within 5 we started wondering- maybe they can still comeback again. Then, when they tied it at 65- we really started hoping. That last shot was epic, but the bigger play was the tip at the other end that prevented a basket and provided the opportunity for that game-winning shot.

It was so nice to hear these young men in the locker room after the game in interviews giving honor to God and saying that the team plays and prays together. I wish them well tomorrow night. UCONN is very good. They have a 19 year old freshman who is 7-2 and 265. I would want to have to man-up against him, nor would I want to buy his groceries.

Reactions: Matthias

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congratulations to the University of Connecticut and their fans on winning the NCAA Basketball Championship last night; their 5th national title in the sport.

Proved to be as good as advertised. Just too much for SDSU to handle and I think the moment overwhelmed them. They weren't able to play the game that they needed on such a big stage. Congrats to UCONN! They looked like a championship-ready team all tournament.

Aztecs were only able to comeback to within 5 for one brief moment late in the game. Other than that one spark of life, they looked rough by comparison. That's what happens when you are up against someone that good.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Proved to be as good as advertised. Just too much for SDSU to handle and I think the moment overwhelmed them. They weren't able to play the game that they needed on such a big stage. Congrats to UCONN! They looked like a championship-ready team all tournament.

Aztecs were only able to comeback to within 5 for one brief moment late in the game. Other than that one spark of life, they looked rough by comparison. That's what happens when you are up against someone that good.

SDSU had an outstanding season and a tremendous run in the tournament. A season that will be long remembered and cherished by their fans. Congratulations!

Reactions: Mr E

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Of personal interest to me. I visited and strolled around the ballgame court in Chichen Itza a number of years ago where this scoreboard artifact was recently discovered.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They usually have a futbol match on the television at our favorite Mexican restaurant, en español, so I know exactly what this one is talking about. (The announcers are very excitable.)
1683201312518.png

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The 2023 NCAA Baseball tournament field has been announced.

My team (Kentucky) is hosting a region, having secured the #12 national seed. (Incredible, for a team that was picked pre-season to finish 12th out of 14 teams in the Southeastern Conference.) I‘ll be in attendance.

* Kentucky is the only SEC team never to have advanced to the College World Series. Omaha or Bust!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up in the Denver area, so it's cool to see the Nuggets in the NBA finals. I remember back in the ABA days when they were called the Rockets and played against teams named the Kentucky Colonels and the Spirits of St. Louis. When the basketball was red, white, and blue, and the 3-point shot was an ABA novelty. Guys nobody ever heard of like Byron Beck and Ralph Simpson were stars. Never won a championship in the ABA, and haven't even come close in almost 50 years in the NBA.

This should be interesting. And fun!