All things work for the best

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Paul says that all things work for the best of those who love the Lord. The Lord was just impressing this on me tonight.

That is why we rejoice in all things! All things that come our way are but a test of the Lord, and he is looking to see if we have his character. The Lord will give us of his spirit, and we then will have the fruit of the spirit. By this, we know the Lord's character. He is love, always giving, long-suffering, and patient... Now our job is to fit ourselves to him. We must build our character to be like this, so that even when we do not feel the Spirit, we act as he does, and thus his spirit is there and strengthening us.

It's just something the Lord was telling me. I fell out of this the last few days, and I was battling with the Lord, because I knew I wasn't where I should be, but I wanted to be with him and like him. And he has shone his light! :)

I see now; by faith we enter in. We must walk in love, even when he is not filling us, out of faith to show that we know he is there. And then, all things really do work for our best!

The Lord is near brothers, he is right at the door! :)

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The Lord gives us of his Spirit to mold our character, but we have an active role in this. :)

[sup]5[/sup] But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, [sup]6[/sup] to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, [sup]7[/sup] to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. [sup]8[/sup] For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. [sup]9[/sup] For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
[sup]10[/sup] Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; [sup]11[/sup] for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

If our character is thus shaped, in the likeness of the Lord, we will never stumble, and by this we are both granted entrance into the kingdom now, and when it has come!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
ALL ? how about WW2 can you see someone saying ' are it was all for the best !'
Some ? could be not all.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The Lord works all things for our best if we love him. :)

This world is fleeting, Rosenberger. Of course, it doesn't make it good in itself, but the Lord turns what was meant for the ruin of those who love him to good, that's what it means. :)

This life is but a mist, but he works things for our eternal good.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I know what you mean but others may not.
But i did know many Jewish and others people who went through a lot of bad things in their life WW2 for example and some came out of it with being a real loving person when you could forgive them for being full of hate, then i look at some of the people who have noting really to complain about that are full of hate isn't a shame that they have no direction in their life and walk in darkness.
One of the people most will know that i admire is one called Simon Wiesenthal spelling? he had good sound direction and from what i seen of him was not full of hate or revenge like one idiot i that was a part of his foundation that came across as a moron.