All we need is the LORD Jesus to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no record in the bible of anyone asking Jesus into their heart to be saved.
1. Belief & faith
2. Confession of belief as did the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts8 and in accordance with Romans 10:9
3. Repentance as the Jews were told to do on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:38
4. Baptism for the forgiveness of sins also per Acts 2 38

If you do the above, you'll be saved and added to the body of Christ by the Lord.
Seems that the "Baptism for the forgiveness of sins" is not well-supported in scripture.
Do you really believe that a person is not forgiven until they are baptized in water.
And what about infant baptisms? I know, I know... that's traditional, not biblical. (to my knowledge)

cc: @shortangel

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no record in the bible of anyone asking Jesus into their heart to be saved.
1. Belief & faith
2. Confession of belief as did the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts8 and in accordance with Romans 10:9

If you do the above, you'll be saved and added to the body of Christ by the Lord.
Just realized I'm having problems with most everything in your post.
While I agree with that statement, what you have provided isn't much of an improvement.
1. Belief & faith
What do you mean by "faith"?
How is it added to "belief"?
Less problems with this. But not a requirement for salvation.
The "magic words" prayer at the altar to "ask Jesus into your heart" is modeled on this apologetic.

I think public confession of faith is an important aspect of identifying yourself as a believer.
The purpose of believer's baptism, from my perspective.
Repentance as a one-time event? Perhaps you meant "confession" of sins?
Confession and repentance are often conflated.
See my previous post. Thanks.
"There is no record in the bible of anyone..." using this list.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he was told to send men unto Peter
who would tell him the words He needed to hear .
Whereby He and his household could be saved . IT was the glorious gospel .
Did they? (the house of Cornelius)
They were baptized with the Holy Spirit while Peter was still speaking. (wasn't finished presenting)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for stating that as I don't need to now. But yes Jesus made it clear in the bible that faith alone won't save us. He spelled out the works meet for repentance in the sheep and goats. And a good church establishment as spelled out in the bible can help people and provide opportunities to help others whether it be service projects or visiting other members and helping them thru the church community.
The congregation of God's people obey their assignment sir.

Reactions: dev553344

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The congregation of God's people obey their assignment sir.
How are we doing on our assignment?

Matthew 10:8 NIV
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
That is not our assignment sir. If it is, then God's people simply don't exist.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

That is not our assignment sir. If it is, then God's people simply don't exist.
POOF!
Where did we go? - LOL

Was Jesus talking to himself?

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

POOF!
Where did we go? - LOL

The key is the time period sir. The Bible stated those "gifts" would be done away with.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key is the time period sir. The Bible stated those "gifts" would be done away with.
Did you cut that verse out of your Bible?
Along with 1 Corinthians chapters twelve and fourteen?
Based on a misunderstanding of chapter thirteen.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

POOF!
Where did we go? - LOL

Perhaps you could direct me to the people who fit that verse sir. Know why you were unable to? Because those gifts ceased in the first century.

God's people today have not been given the capability to heal, or raise the dead, nor is that our assignment. We are to heal people spiritually, by teaching them to observe all the things Jesus commanded, and we do our assignment well. We have reached almost every individual on the face of the earth with the good news of the Kingdom of God. You yourself have been reached, so it is up to you what you do now.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you cut that verse out of your Bible?
Along with 1 Corinthians chapters twelve and fourteen?
Based on a misunderstanding of chapter thirteen.
1co 13:8 Love never fails; but whether prophecies, they shall be done away; or tongues, they shall cease; or knowledge, it shall be done away.
1co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part:
1co 13:10 but when that which is perfect has come, that which is in part shall be done away.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let’s hear again from my dear brother, @amigo de christo, about the dire necessity of Christ Jesus.

All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God .
There is none that are righteous .
Not one that has not sinned .
There is no salvation in any other religion .
And good works without faith in Christ saves none .
Just as faith without works is dead
so is works without faith .
Only one way , only one Name whereby one may be saved .
That is JESUS CHRIST .
That if you shall confess him by Mouth and believe that God has raised Him
from the dead you shall be saved .
When speaking to nicodemus , JESUS
said that GOD so loved the world that HE sent HIS only begotten Son
that who so ever BELIEVES in Him shall be saved .
He , JESUS , goes on to say but the who believes not shall be damned .
Let us also examine a man named cornelious .
In acts chapter ten we see a man
who had did many good works and many prayers unto God .
He was a gentile who prayed to the one true God of abraham .
He was in his house praying to God when an angel appeared
to Him and told him he had been heard for his many good alms and prayers .
Yet Even that man needed to hear one thing
in order to be saved . And he was told to send men unto Peter
who would tell him the words He needed to hear .
Whereby He and his household could be saved . IT was the glorious gospel .
God has chosen to save the people by the preaching of the gospel .
That all who do believe would be saved .
There simply is no other way , no other name whereby we must be saved .
Paul warned the church not to heed anyone , not even an angel
that brought any other gospel .
John said that if one brings not that gospel do not let them into your house
or bid them god speed .
So why do so many today entertain this other gospel
which is no gospel . The one that says
muslims , buddists , hindus atheists and etc
That if they simply do good they are saved . ITS A LIE .
And it is another jesus they preach , another false gospel
they do bring .
Satan knows how to deceive and he has no love for this world .
He lies to them through men even within christendom .
Let no man , woman or child enter into this lie .
Rather teach that to be saved ONE MUST BELIEVE in CHRIST JESUS .
All else is but vanity and it cannot save .
And if a man tells you HE knows JESUS
and that JESUS is just another way to GOD and that these other religions
have their way too . THAT MAN does not KNOW CHRIST
and is a liar . I say this out of great love for all peoples .
For I truly desire not one soul to perish .
The gospel that saves is real simple .
CALL upon the name of the LORD JESUS and ye shall be saved .
And if one truly belongs to Christ they won’t
call evil good and good evil . JESUS is not the minister of sin .
And we ought not to be either .

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians‬ ‭1:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2 John 1:9-11 KJV

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts‬ ‭11:11-17 ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
And what is the purpose of quoting all these scriptures without any explanation?

Reactions: St. SteVen

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you could direct me to the people who fit that verse sir. Know why you were unable to? Because those gifts ceased in the first century.

God's people today have not been given the capability to heal, or raise the dead, nor is that our assignment. We are to heal people spiritually, by teaching them to observe all the things Jesus commanded, and we do our assignment well. We have reached almost every individual on the face of the earth with the good news of the Kingdom of God. You yourself have been reached, so it is up to you what you do now.
Sorry Robert but you are wrong. I have been used by God to bring someone back from the dead. I know of two nurses that brought someone back from the dead. I have prayed for people to be healed and they have been.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1co 13:8 Love never fails; but whether prophecies, they shall be done away; or tongues, they shall cease; or knowledge, it shall be done away.
1co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part:
1co 13:10 but when that which is perfect has come, that which is in part shall be done away.
And what is the perfect Robert?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Robert but you are wrong. I have been used by God to bring someone back from the dead. I know of two nurses that brought someone back from the dead. I have prayed for people to be healed and they have been.
Yes sir, but you did it through medical procedures not faith healing. The truth is they were only clinically dead, the spirit/breath life force had not yet left their bodies. Jesus raised Lazarus who had been dead for 4 days. There were 9 spirit anointed resurrections recorded in the Bible that came through the holy spirit, one from a dead body simply coming into contact with Elisha's bones.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the perfect Robert?
Extremely good question Marksman, I wish I knew myself. We do not know, but we do know that those that were given the gift could heal all: Mt 10:1 And he called unto him his twelve disciples, and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of disease and all manner of sickness.

The holy spirit allowed disciples to speak in different tongues, the apostles could cure in order to quickly spread the good news. By the end of the first century antichrists had broke away from the congregation and many sects were already formed, and we went into the period of apostasy. Some infirmities were caused by demonic possession, and that is the only cures that can be performed today, because that gift ceased from Christians, but satan has full control over his horde. Nothing can promote faith like seeing a healing and satan knows that. Truth is as well that Christians as well can expel demons, and if an infirmity is caused by that obviously then it would be gone.

But no one can cure all infirmities and diseases as the gift allowed, then ended in the first century with the death of the apostles.