Am I crazy, or is advertising targeted in ways that I'm not even aware I am asking for? (really?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Am I crazy, or is advertising targeted in ways that I'm not even aware I am asking for? (really?)​

Have you considered both might be the case?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So this is just a short thread OP: I am concerned about advertising. It always seems to be exactly what I am interested in. I don't even type this stuff in, like "I like plant protein" and yet here it is: 'would you like plant protein?' and I am interested in plant protein! I am interested, just not now! I feel like I am having my brain scanned, or something. All this Big Data, is making me a target...

...Is anyone else getting this problem? Do you baulk at how well your computer knows you?

Here's praying that they advertize what Jesus would want!

Hi Gottservant,

Sometimes there are some very beneficial advertisements out there, sometimes there is not. Having no ad blocker on my computer, and ads coming on my phone, most of the time its just best to ignore them for me personally. One day, I would like to get the phone paid off and get it disconnected, perhaps... even the internet. Might be another year or so, but that would help me in some ways, I think anyway...

Reactions: Gottservant