America Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah, but Prayer Can Turn the Tide of History - Billy Graham

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
America Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah, but Prayer Can Turn the Tide of History - Billy Graham
By ChurchLeaders.com

"Down through our history our nation’s leaders have carried their plans and hopes to God in prayer," Graham wrote. "Yet today we have come to a place where we regard prayer in our national life simply as a venerated tradition. We have no sense of coming to grips with God; we simply use prayer as a formality. ... One of the reasons the United Nations has become so ineffective in handling world situations is that there is no prayer, no recognition of God. Unless the leaders of nations turn to God in prayer, their best plans will fail, just as did the plans of those who built the tower of Babel."

http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/176767-billy-graham-america-just-as-wicked-as-sodom-and-gomorrah-but-prayer-can-turn-the-tide-of-history.html

Reactions: Thunderkat

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

America is doomed. She is already opening her mouth to speak like the dragon. Soon, she will cause life to be given to the image of the beast.

Persecuted99

Oct 20, 2014
Graham is right. We are now persecuted for believing as do the voices in the New Testament.

Beware the rainbow idol that demands complete worship of it and its followers.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
No chance for her to repent left...

68 And my indictment is against the churches of today. Now I—I'm not bringing the sinner into this. I'm just speaking this to the church. And it's—it's to be in the—the—the tapes now, and I—I'll try to get through as quick as I can. I indict this generation for the second crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
69 And now to do this in this age that we live in, I—I do this, I must show an evidence. If I have to bring an indictment, you have to show an evidence of the criminal offense that has been done. I—I have, to indict them, I—I have to bring the—the evidence to prove it, that it is, that what I'm saying will stand up before the main Judge. Which, and I take myself as an attorney to… on this indictment. That, the Word of God, being my witness, I indict this generation for the crucifixion.
70 I must show, and will show, that the same spirit is on the people today that brought the first crucifixion, and doing the same thing. I—I must do that, if it's going to be a crucifixion, that they've crucified. I must show to the—the people that the same attitude in the people today is doing the same thing, spiritually, that they did physically then. They crucified, physically, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And now, today, by the same Word, and by the—the same Holy Spirit and the same Word, I—I wish to show the churches there—there where they stand, that they are doing the same thing today, and the Bible said they would do it, and prove that this is the day that we're living in.
71 It could not been done a few years ago. I say, fifty years ago it could not a-been done, but today this is very timely. And it could not have been done, maybe, ten years ago, but it can be done today because the—the time is run out. We are—we are at the end time. And I believe, as His servant, that we are—we are just about to cross from this land, to Another.
72 Therefore, the time for repentance, for a nation, it's gone. I believe that this nation cannot repent. I believe that it's crossed the line between mercy and judgment. I believe she is toddling in the balance.
73 "Brother Branham, before you start your case, how you going to prove that?"
74 Just this, that we are guilty of the same sins that God destroyed the world by, in the antediluvian world. We're guilty of the same sins that He destroyed the world in Sodom and Gomorrah. And, now, and we got all the same spiritual evidence laying here before us, all the same spiritual evidence, worldwide known, that brought down the mercies of God upon those generations. That, also, to reject, brought judgment. So if this generation has rejected the same mercy that was spurned in them days, God would be unjust to let them get by without judgment.
75 As Jack Moore, a friend of mine, once said, "If this nation gets by without a punishment from God, then God would be obligated to raise up Sodom and Gomorrah and apologize for burning them up."
76 Now, we know that spiritually they're doing the same thing today, for they are doing it, too, for the same purpose, and in the same way that they did in the crucifixion of the Lord, physically. They are doing it because of jealousy, because of spiritual blindness. That, they don't want to see. They won't listen to It.
77 Jesus, in His journey here on earth, He said, "Well did Isaiah speak of you, 'You got eyes and can't see, and ears and can't hear.'" See?
78 The same reason, the same—the same purpose and the same reasonings, they're bringing the crucifixion of Christ anew, afresh, (as we'll get to it after a while), for the same reasons that they did then.
79 They cannot find nothing against It. They are daresn't to try to challenge It. And they know the evidence is there. And they know the Bible says so. And the only thing they can do is blaspheme It. That's exactly. So, and all this, the same reasons.

63-0707M - "The Indictment"
Rev. William Marrion Branham

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
I guess I've never really understood the whole "America is now a wicked country and God will remove His hand of protection" thing.

First, are we really saying that the US is more wicked now than during the Manifest Destiny era, slavery or the Jim Crow south? Are we really saying genocide and enslaving entire populations of people against their will isn't enough to cause God to no longer protect us, but allowing gays to marry is?

Second, doesn't that present God as kind of like a mafia boss, where if we don't do what He wants, he breaks our legs?

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
River Jordan said:
I guess I've never really understood the whole "America is now a wicked country and God will remove His hand of protection" thing.

First, are we really saying that the US is more wicked now than during the Manifest Destiny era, slavery or the Jim Crow south? Are we really saying genocide and enslaving entire populations of people against their will isn't enough to cause God to no longer protect us, but allowing gays to marry is?

Second, doesn't that present God as kind of like a mafia boss, where if we don't do what He wants, he breaks our legs?
God is patient with the erring, but how can one who is defiant against God be protected? God's protection and blessings are upon conditions. We are to love Him supremely, and love our neighbours as ourselves. America has been becoming more and more wicked as time progressed. Slavery is not okay. But to remove one evil from society and then to later bring in a heap of others does not mean that we are in any better of a position. Homosexual marriage is a very graphic example of what we as a nation have become -- Professing ourselves to be wise, we have truly become fools.

Romans 1:18-32 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Remove from your hearts the roots of selfishness; Cleanse your hearts and purify your minds. Be patient, be kind, be gentle. Be full of mercy. Take heed to every word, every act, every thought, every look. Love God with all your heart soul and mind, and keep His Commandments. Forget all the vain human philosophy we have learned over the years. Release yourself from all the creeds of churches, and commandments of men that we hold onto. Learn what is the truth, and seek it with all your heart, soul, and mind. Do not rest until you figure out the truth.

Get back to basic Bible Christianity -- and be that shining example of Jesus you were called to be.

Revelation 3:14-22 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Raeneske said:
Slavery is not okay. But to remove one evil from society and then to later bring in a heap of others does not mean that we are in any better of a position. Homosexual marriage is a very graphic example of what we as a nation have become -- Professing ourselves to be wise, we have truly become fools.
So you believe the US was less evil when it was committing genocide against Indian Tribes and enslaving Africans, than it is now as gays are allowed to marry. Wow. :blink:

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
I don't buy into the idea that America has become so evil that God is going to blast the nation into eternal destruction. He waited over four hundred years
before He judged the Canaanites.
And by that time the entire nation had fallen into evil.
The USA has not wholly fallen into sin, there are millions of God-fearing Christians in the nation.

In the words of Abraham, "Far be it from you to do such a thing, to put the righteous to death with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked!
Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?". Gen 18.

Reactions: Dan57

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
So you believe the US was less evil when it was committing genocide against Indian Tribes and enslaving Africans, than it is now as gays are allowed to marry. Wow. :blink:
Do not forget the 1,500,000 murders per year of preborn babies that is presently taking place, as well as the other atrocities which are taking place.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
heretoeternity said:
Do not forget the 1,500,000 murders per year of preborn babies that is presently taking place, as well as the other atrocities which are taking place.
There you go. There's your genocide. And they say "It's called abortion"...God call's it murder. That's why a lot is hidden from folks because they accepts the name/definition change for a certain sin.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
River Jordan said:
I have news for you guys....women have been killing their unborn children since...well, recorded history.
Oh, well that makes it better..

Isn't this America? A "Christian" nation. Not a heathen, pagan, people. We're not supposed to be. When gay marriage is rampant, you should see that something is very very wrong.

What was that # of innocent babies murdered? 1.5 million? Their blood cries out from the ground. Be sure, God will avenge.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
The point is that you can't say "We're doing abortions now, and that's why God is so angry", since abortions have been around basically forever. And no, the US is not a Christian nation in any sort of legal or political sense. We were deliberately designed to be a secular Democratic Republic.

And again, if you believe genocide and slavery weren't enough to cause God to avenge, but letting gay couples marry is, then I think your moral compass is out of whack.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Will America turn from abortions or gay marriage like genocide and slavery? It's a 100% probability they won't. There's your difference. These things now are gaining speed and coming to a head.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
Will America turn from abortions or gay marriage like genocide and slavery? It's a 100% probability they won't. There's your difference. These things now are gaining speed and coming to a head.
The fact that you even equate gay marriage with genocide and slavery is enough to verify that your moral compass is seriously messed up.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
River Jordan said:
The fact that you even equate gay marriage with genocide and slavery is enough to verify that your moral compass is seriously messed up.
Sin is sin. Will they turn from it. It's obvious I didn't equate them. Somebody spoke up and made a difference with genocide and slavery...They're justifying gay marriage and abortion and there is no one with enough power to stop them.

You see the difference? My Compass is not messed up. Focus on His Word.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=16pt]I believe it is way too late to pray for the USA, or any Country.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]God’s wrath has started, and the whole world is feeling his wrath. [/SIZE]

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The four horsemen are picking up speed....things will start to unravel very quickly when they reach a full gallop...fasten your seatbelts Folks, rough ride ahead for planet earth!