America's Greatest Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
The church basically has given up (in America at least). This all started with the Scopes "Monkey" Trial in 1925. Things have been going down hill ever since.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_TrialThis trial basically shoved Christianity from public life into a small sub-segment of private life. The church had a bloody nose, and basically decided to take its ball and go home. The church has abandoned academia (for the most part, there are some exceptions). the realms of reason, logic, science, mathematics, etc... are now dominated by the unsaved. This wasn't always the case --- just take Sir Isaac Newton for instance.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_NewtonThe co-discoverer of calculus, and the father of the laws of motion was a staunch Christian. NOW, however, people like Richard Dawkins laugh at Christianity full force and even consider it dangerous to society. (How can loving your neighbor be considered de-stablizing to society?) In the halls of academia, Christianity is seen as the ignorant man's religion. This is really our fault.There are a SMALL number of Christians who are trying to minister to these individuals who consider logic and science king (such as Norm Geisler and Josh Mcdowell). [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Geisler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Geisler[/url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McdowellBut they are indeed a small number (most Christians have no idea what Christian Apologetics is or really how to defend the faith.)

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(RaddSpencer;43569)
(most Christians have no idea what Christian Apologetics is or really how to defend the faith.)
Thats because most christians rely on the preachers rather than the true word.

Mar 26, 2008
I would look into revelion as one of the worse sins human kind can practice. Revelion was what Lucifer had infront of God and caused his fall. Revelion leads to all different kind of sins, higher or lower.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(MyLordYeshuaHaMashiah;43591)
I would look into revelion as one of the worse sins human kind can practice. Revelion was what Lucifer had infront of God and caused his fall. Revelion leads to all different kind of sins, higher or lower.
This is a new word for me REVELION, care to expound a little more.

Mar 26, 2008
(setfree;43597)
I'm sorry I was thinking in spanish, english is not my first language. I meant "Rebellion"

Mar 26, 2008
(setfree;43597)
You can be sure that I care about that and most likely many other really important things in life, like sharing the love of God with those who don't know Him.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
no faith, christians lukewarm, no sisterly/brotherly love,arrogance,selfisness,idols first instead of God

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. John 3:16 tells us, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." The only condition where someone would have no forgiveness is if he/she is not among the "whoever believes in Him." Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). To reject the only means of salvation is to condemn oneself to an eternity in hell because to reject the only pardon is, obviously, unpardonable. All sins are equal in that they are all capable of condemning the soul to hell. James 2:10 states, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." All but one sin are the same in God's eyes..for a liar is like unto our Lord the the same as a murderer..31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.Matthew 12

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Pride. The sin of rejecting God's sacrificial Lamb and thinking they can be good enough on their own to be accepted by God--those that believe in Him at all. They want to substitute their works for Christ's finished work on the cross.Those who don't believe in Him are guilty of disbelief.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Jon-Marc;43646)
Pride. The sin of rejecting God's sacrificial Lamb and thinking they can be good enough on their own to be accepted by God--those that believe in Him at all. They want to substitute their works for Christ's finished work on the cross.Those who don't believe in Him are guilty of disbelief.
I get to hear from you twice Jon-Marc. I posted the same question on another Forum, it is always good to read your post.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- These are all good answers and observations to America as a whole and the sins that is committed. In Rom. 11:20 it talks of unbelief of the Jews and how they were cut off that we as Gentiles would be grafted in. Here it speaks of UNBELIEF. Heb. 3:12 speaks of an evil heart of UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. It is because of UNBELIEF that they could not enter into the Promise Land. It was because of UNBELIEF that Jesus could not preform miracles in his own Home Town. It is because of UNBELIEF that America believes in..homosexuality, materialism, selfishness, idolatry, judgemental spirit, pride, indifference etc....If we believed then the sins listed and more would not be so strong in America today. The Patriots that help establish this great country BELIEVED in God. Now we have people in office and out of office that simple do not believe God and His principles. They(we) have allowed those that do not believe to rule this country. This is why I believe that UNBELIEF is America's greatest Sin.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(ncsojourner;43563)
You are on the correct path, you just didn't go back far enough.1 Samuel 8:7 And the LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.
Apostasy! This country is "apostate" it is no longer a Christian country.

ncsojourner

Mar 15, 2008
(Elf;43766)
Apostasy! This country is "apostate" it is no longer a Christian country.
This is taken from "The Way", May-June, 1989Dr. J. Allen Blair sent 10,000 questionnaires to protestant clergymen through out the UnitedStates. He received back 7,441. Of those returned; 82% of the Methodist preachersdenied the inspiration of the Bible.89% of the Episcopalian priests 81% of the Presbyterian preachers, 57% of the Baptists, and 57% of theAmerican Lutherans, disbelieve the Bible to be the Inspired word of God.Gary"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
(ncsojourner;43831)
This is taken from "The Way", May-June, 1989Dr. J. Allen Blair sent 10,000 questionnaires to protestant clergymen through out the UnitedStates. He received back 7,441. Of those returned; 82% of the Methodist preachersdenied the inspiration of the Bible.89% of the Episcopalian priests 81% of the Presbyterian preachers, 57% of the Baptists, and 57% of theAmerican Lutherans, disbelieve the Bible to be the Inspired word of God.Gary"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3
In the last days people will fall away from true God. This is being fulfilled as we speak. It is step 1 of three that show us that this is the end of ages.1. Falling Away2. son of Perdition3. Jesus Christ2 Thessalonians 2:1-5 KJV