Amy Winehouse... Dead at age 27

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix , Amy Winehouse... Would rather party for 27 years on this earth than spend an eternity in light and bliss... Very sad!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And today she knows there is a God!

Is this a good thing? It sounds like you are celebrating the death of a sinner. Is damnation a good thing if it proves your doctrine?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Is this a good thing? It sounds like you are celebrating the death of a sinner. Is damnation a good thing if it proves your doctrine?

Never once in my comment did I judge. I stated a fact! When we die we immediately return to the Father. You, asp, did the judging. Do you know what she was doing in her last breaths?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Tom,
You are right. I apologise.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, we do not know her thoughts or spiritual positioin. She was sick with addiction. For all we know she accepted Christ as her saviour and we do not know if she had tried to live that way ultimately. We are born with major faults. There is only one judge for all of us. May she rest in peace.

Tullius

Jun 6, 2011
My cousin died of drugs when she was 17. It is extremely sad, I think its impossible to follow God's will and do drugs or drink yourself senseless for the sake of just being drunk like we are taught to by pop culture like "Thursday" pointed out. I dont want to begin quoting specific verses from scripture, but vaguely speaking from my perspective the general consensus of the Bible is self sacrafice, discipline, worship of the lord, honor the family and if our bodies are indeed the symbolic temple of God then ruining it with drugs and alcohol is an abomination.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix , Amy Winehouse... Would rather party for 27 years on this earth than spend an eternity in light and bliss... Very sad!

But that does not mean that she is lost forever. The Bible tells us that people like her will be resurrected. Most Christians are not aware that the Bible speaks of the second resurrection.