An excellent Bible reading plan.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, allow me to quote a scripture:

Isa 28:13, But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Here we find that it is important not to read the holy scriptures in the here a little, there a little, fashion; but that it is important that we read books of the Bible through in their entirety, understanding everything in its immediate context.

That being said, the Lord has given me a Bible reading plan that will root and ground you in the doctrine of the NT epistles. In this plan, you will read through all of the epistles in the course of a week; and there is also extracurricular reading that you can do in the gospels, Acts, and Revelation; as well as in seven different sections in the Old Testament, plus extensive reading in Psalms and Proverbs.
I read through the Psalms twice in a month; and through the Proverbs twice in a month. By reading five chapters in Psalms 1-75 and five in Psalms 76-150. And also by reading a chapter a day in Proverbs 1-15 and Proverbs 16-30. If in any month there is a 31st of the month, I read Proverbs 31 on that day and skip the Psalms.

In the epistles, I read as following:

Day 1 (for me, this is Sunday)...1-3 John, 1-2 Peter; John 6:35, John 4:13-14, John 7:37-39, John 6:47, John 5:24, John 6:37, John 8:31-36, John 10:27-30, John 11:25-27 (in that order); James, Romans 2:25-the end of chapter 8, Hebrews 10, Jude. (this is not as extensive as you think, you can read it in about 45 minutes to an hour).
Day 2...Romans
Day 3...1 Corinthians
Day 4...2 Corinthians
Day 5...Galatians-Colossians, Revelation 1:17-the end of chapter 3
Day 6...1 Thessalonians-Philemon
Day 7...Hebrews

Then, if I am not tired and want to read more, I read out of the gospels, Acts, and Revelation:

In Matthew, 4 chapters a day
In Mark, 4 chapters a day
In Luke, 4 chapters a day
In John, 3 chapters a day
In Revelation:
day 1:1-5
day 2:6-10
day 3:11-16
day 4:17-22.

Then if I am not tired after reading, I read 1 chapter a day in each of the following sections of the Old Testament:

Genesis-Deuteronomy
Joshua-2 Kings
1 Chronicles-Esther
Job
Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
Isaiah-Daniel
Hosea-Malachi.

I tend to keep Job and Ecclesiastes-Song of Solomon (which together contain 20 chapters) together in number by reading Job 41 and 42 the same day that I read Job 40.

I try to do my best to at least read out of the epistles, and out of the gospels, Acts, and Revelation, on any given day. In this way I finish the epistles four times in a month and through the gospels, Acts, and Revelation about once per month (give or take a few days).

I believe that the Lord would have you sacrifice some of your TV time and do this reading so that you can become rooted and grounded in the word.

We spend our time doing what is important to us.

If your relationship with the Lord is important to you, you will spend much time reading His word and being nourished by it as a true branch in the vine.

If any of this is too much for you, recognize that it is merely a guideline and only one plan of reading through the Bible. If it doesn't work for you, I encourage you to find a plan that does.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

@justbyfaith.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isa 28:13, But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Here we find that it is important not to read the holy scriptures in the here a little, there a little, fashion; but that it is important that we read books of the Bible through in their entirety, understanding everything in its immediate context.

That being said, the Lord has given me a Bible reading plan that will root and ground you in the doctrine of the NT epistles. In this plan, you will read through all of the epistles in the course of a week; and there is also extracurricular reading that you can do in the gospels, Acts, and Revelation; as well as in seven different sections in the Old Testament, plus extensive reading in Psalms and Proverbs.
I read through the Psalms twice in a month; and through the Proverbs twice in a month. By reading five chapters in Psalms 1-75 and five in Psalms 76-150. And also by reading a chapter a day in Proverbs 1-15 and Proverbs 16-30. If in any month there is a 31st of the month, I read Proverbs 31 on that day and skip the Psalms.

Day 1 (for me, this is Sunday)...1-3 John, 1-2 Peter, John 6:35, John 4:13-14, John 7:37-39, John 6:47, John 5:24, John 6:37, John 8:31-36, John 10:27-30, John 11:25-27, James, Romans 2:25-8, Hebrews 10, Jude. (this is not as extensive as you think, you can read it in about 45 minutes to an hour).
Day 2...Romans
Day 3...1 Corinthians
Day 4...2 Corinthians
Day 5...Galatians-Colossians, Revelation 1:17-3
Day 7...Hebrews

Then, if I am not tired and want to read more, I read out of the gospels, Acts, and Revelation:

In Revelation:

Then if I am not tired after reading, I read 1 chapter a day in each of the following sections of the Old Testament:

Genesis-Deuteronomy
Joshua-2 Kings
1 Chronicles-Esther
Job
Ecclesiastes
Isaiah-Daniel
Hosea-Malachi.

I tend to keep Job and Ecclesiastes together in number by reading Job 41 and 42 the same day that I read Job 40.

I try to do my best to at least read out of the epistles, and out of the gospels, Acts, and Revelation, on any given day. In this way I finish the epistles four times in a month and through the gospels, Acts, and Revelation about once per month (give or take a few days).

I believe that the Lord would have you sacrifice some of your TV time and do this reading so that you can become rooted and grounded in the word.

If your relationship with the Lord is important to you, you will spend much time reading His word and being nourished by it as a true branch in the vine.

If any of this is too much for you, recognize that it is merely a guideline and only one plan of reading through the Bible. If it doesn't work for you, I encourage you to find a plan that does.

@justbyfaith.
That is a good reading plan....but let me ask you this...is the purpose to read the Bible to say you read it or are you seeking the hidden wisdom in it?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good reading plan....but let me ask you this...is the purpose to read the Bible to say you read it or are you seeking the hidden wisdom in it?

Most definitely, we ought to read with understanding.

Reading extensively helps me to see how topical matters fit together more easily.

As I read, I underline.

The Holy Spirit causes to jump out at me the things that He wants to speak to me on any given day.

I like what it says in 2 Corinthians 9:6 as compared to Luke 8:11 and Ecclesiastes 11:6.

If I sow bountifully, I will reap bountifully; and the seed is the word of the Lord.

Eventually, as you read through with the pattern that I have developed, you will find that you understand the New Testament better in leaps and bounds; because you will also see how things fit into their topical context; and the Holy Ghost will teach you according to His way (as He describes in 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)).

1Co 2:13, Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how does Matthew 28:18-20 fit into that plan in your neighborhood, workplace , social gatherings, relatives, family, church ?

Matt 28
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

knowing and doing are not the same thing correct ?

1 Cor 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

How does applying scripture fit into the reading plan ?

1 Cor 8
Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how does Matthew 28:18-20 fit into that plan in your neighborhood, workplace , social gatherings, relatives, family, church ?

Matt 28
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

knowing and doing are not the same thing correct ?

1 Cor 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

How does applying scripture fit into the reading plan ?

1 Cor 8
Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

hope this helps !!!

The reading plan occupies itself first with knowing what all of scripture teaches; and obeying scripture will most assuredly come as the result.

The love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost which is given to us (Romans 5:5).

I have found that reading the scriptures that pinpoint my sin, have the very effect of pinpointing my sins so that the Holy Spirit can bring them to light in order that He might cleanse me from all sin (1 John 1:7); because in exposing my life to the light of scripture I walk in the light as He is in the light.

In reading much of the same scriptures again after a short period of time, those scriptures become reinforced in one's thinking so that when you read it over a second time, hopefully you thought about it the first time around and can think more about how to apply it the second time around.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reading plan occupies itself first with knowing what all of scripture teaches; and obeying scripture will most assuredly come as the result.

The love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost which is given to us (Romans 5:5).

I have found that reading the scriptures that pinpoint my sin, have the very effect of pinpointing my sins so that the Holy Spirit can bring them to light in order that He might cleanse me from all sin (1 John 1:7); because in exposing my life to the light of scripture I walk in the light as He is in the light.

In reading much of the same scriptures again after a short period of time, those scriptures become reinforced in one's thinking so that when you read it over a second time, hopefully you thought about it the first time around and can think more about how to apply it the second time around.
so what is the practical application in your life with the great commission or does that passage not apply to you ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no not online but in real life, person to person, face to face.............................
I think you are being legalistic to say that one's fulfilling of the great commission must be outside of the internet.

I find that I will reach more people if I confine my preachings to the internet so that persecution does not bring me away from my duty to minister on the boards.

I believe that the Lord wants me to be a consistent witness here; and if I preach elsewhere, there is a possibility of the mental health system coming down on me and imprisoning me so that I cannot do the work of the ministry here.

Reactions: Mayflower

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are being legalistic to say that one's fulfilling of the great commission must be outside of the internet.

I find that I will reach more people if I confine my preachings to the internet so that persecution does not bring me away from my duty to minister on the boards.

I believe that the Lord wants me to be a consistent witness here; and if I preach elsewhere, there is a possibility of the mental health system coming down on me and imprisoning me so that I cannot do the work of the ministry here.
Things that make you go hmmm

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things that make you go hmmm
Even as Festus estimated that "much learning had driven Paul mad" so there are many who estimate that those who believe in Christ are afflicted with mental illness...because those who are truly born again have a different paradigm than does the world.

See 2 Corinthians 5:13, Acts of the Apostles 26:24-28, Hosea 9:7, 2 Timothy 3:10-12, and 2 Timothy 1:7.

We have the spirit, not of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. But it is the world's estimation of us that we are not in our right minds because the world doesn't know us and doesn't understand how we think, 1 John 3:1.

We will have the last laugh. For when the world stands before God in judgment, it will be determined that they were truly the insane ones and they will be cast into the mental hospital of eternity...hell.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

@justbyfaith.
That's excellent JBF, a very practical thread, ...in principle at least, as I may not agree entirely in the structure (as you stated), but a great resource to consider. Thank you!
But, of course, I do not believe for one minute that God gave this to you. I don't know, and don't want to know, how you concluded that (you even said yourself that it may not work for everybody - was that a contradiction?)
'That being said, the Lord has given me a Bible reading plan that will root and ground you in the doctrine of the NT epistles.'

All the same, a good principle to suggest to people.
I've been using the NIV chronological Bible - absolutely amazing to have in one's arsenal!

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Day 1 (for me, this is Sunday)...1-3 John, 1-2 Peter; John 6:35, John 4:13-14, John 7:37-39, John 6:47, John 5:24, John 6:37, John 8:31-36, John 10:27-30, John 11:25-27 (in that order); James, Romans 2:25-the end of chapter 8, Hebrews 10, Jude. (this is not as extensive as you think, you can read it in about 45 minutes to an hour).
Day 2...Romans
Day 3...1 Corinthians
Day 4...2 Corinthians
Day 5...Galatians-Colossians, Revelation 1:17-the end of chapter 3
Day 7...Hebrews

In Revelation:

Genesis-Deuteronomy
Joshua-2 Kings
1 Chronicles-Esther
Job
Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
Isaiah-Daniel
Hosea-Malachi.

I tend to keep Job and Ecclesiastes-Song of Solomon (which together contain 20 chapters) together in number by reading Job 41 and 42 the same day that I read Job 40.

@justbyfaith.

I was just thinking about this tonight. I was reading about the woman who bathed Jesus feet with perfume. Jesus said that if you are forgiven much, you love much. So Christians act like they are forgiven little by their actions. I know for me, I get distracted a lot. Especially since having kids. But I should be even more vigilant now. My goal is 15 minutes at least to write down what I am thinking as I am reading. Repetition brings revelation. But I have a new desire now to have a reading plan too. I can do thst on my phone too. And not just reading forums. Lol. I have really gotten away from pure devotional reading and want to get back to the Word and heart of worship.

Reactions: justbyfaith

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you think of John 1:1-3, John 1:14 in that Bible?
Nice try, but it ain't going to work.
...you're the only one around here that has concluded the incomprehensible, so you should be asking yourself that question, not me. The ball is not in my court to explain the rational.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try, but it ain't going to work.
...you're the only one around here that has concluded the incomprehensible, so you should be asking yourself that question, not me. The ball is not in my court to explain the rational.
What was I attempting in my exhortation to you to read a passage of holy scripture?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, of course, I do not believe for one minute that God gave this to you.

I don't think that I came up with it myself....so if it is of benefit to anyone, He gets the glory!

I don't know, and don't want to know, how you concluded that (you even said yourself that it may not work for everybody - was that a contradiction?)

It depends on your level of discipline whether it will work for you or not.