An Idea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mikefaulkner

Dec 21, 2010
Eddyville Kentucky
I had an idea to create a multi game based group that would be open to help spread the word of God through a median that would be picked up by Teens and Young Adults. I had talked with my Preachers son (he's a teen) and he agreed that the idea could catch on if started with a support base. I have had several ideas drawn up in my head but none have come true yet and I keep praying asking God if its something that should be done and how it should be done. I am curious to see if anyone here would be interested in such a venture or even helping make it a reality. The only thing that is up for debate is what games should be allowed. I have talked to several different ones and I have only a couple of ideas of games that wouldn't be that bad but may not be all that interesting either unless made interesting through assistance and help.

I had thought about calling the group the Christian Gamers Guild or the Gamers for Christ but I have yet to stick to either one as a name. Any thoughts or suggestions or a kind word of encouragement lol.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, don't use "Christian" in the title.
Read Acts and you'll find they were considered Christian not because they identified themselves as such but because of HOW THEY LIVED.

Call it something like "Game On" or something, IDK... Don't shove Christ down people's throats before they even get in the door. Just have it be a time of good clean gaming and fellowship... Hopefully they'll build friends with the solid Christian teens and see the examples in their lives outside of the little gaming club.

I'm not sure, aside from going somewhere with the expectation of hearing the gospel (Billy Graham thing, etc) how many people would ever consider Christ without building a relationship with the person first, seeing their life, and then the door will open later. Think about it, if you weren't a Christian and thought it silly- why would you ever want to go to a "Christian Gamers" club?
But you might go to a club for just clean fun with good people to game with.

mikefaulkner

Dec 21, 2010
Eddyville Kentucky
Yeah, don't use "Christian" in the title.
Read Acts and you'll find they were considered Christian not because they identified themselves as such but because of HOW THEY LIVED.

Call it something like "Game On" or something, IDK... Don't shove Christ down people's throats before they even get in the door. Just have it be a time of good clean gaming and fellowship... Hopefully they'll build friends with the solid Christian teens and see the examples in their lives outside of the little gaming club.

I'm not sure, aside from going somewhere with the expectation of hearing the gospel (Billy Graham thing, etc) how many people would ever consider Christ without building a relationship with the person first, seeing their life, and then the door will open later. Think about it, if you weren't a Christian and thought it silly- why would you ever want to go to a "Christian Gamers" club?
But you might go to a club for just clean fun with good people to game with.

True, and good points, though that still leaves me wondering on a name. lol

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
I had an idea to create a multi game based group that would be open to help spread the word of God through a median that would be picked up by Teens and Young Adults. I had talked with my Preachers son (he's a teen) and he agreed that the idea could catch on if started with a support base. I have had several ideas drawn up in my head but none have come true yet and I keep praying asking God if its something that should be done and how it should be done. I am curious to see if anyone here would be interested in such a venture or even helping make it a reality. The only thing that is up for debate is what games should be allowed. I have talked to several different ones and I have only a couple of ideas of games that wouldn't be that bad but may not be all that interesting either unless made interesting through assistance and help.

I had thought about calling the group the Christian Gamers Guild or the Gamers for Christ but I have yet to stick to either one as a name. Any thoughts or suggestions or a kind word of encouragement lol.

I've played games all my life and I am a teen. I'll tell you if a game is good or not.
wink.gif