An Important Prophecy re Israel's History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @DNB,

What do you believe should be evident in the lives of believers who have received the indwelling new nature within which the Holy Spirit operates? How, for example, is it evidenced in your own life and witness?

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thanks charity, great questions!

First question: something tantamount to the 1st century's testimony, i.e. signs and wonders, words of undeniable wisdom (that even the Jews, Muslims and Atheists are impressed), fearlessness of imminent death and defying the authorities, etc... Something that truly makes men marvel, and are convinced of your endowment (not you imposing your perception of your gift upon them). Let others praise you.

Second question: absolutely nothing whatsoever, not an iota of anything. Outside of my confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, King of Kings and Lord of Lord, first-born of creation, and first-born from the dead, there is absolutely nothing else of people's perception of me, that would indicate that I have something as powerful and holy, as God's Spirit indwelling within me. At least, as far as I am concerned. And sorry charity, I would say this of almost every single Christian that I have ever met in my life, on this forum, or on You Tube. We're all feeble trying to understand the profundity of God's Word, missing the mark at least half the time, and disputing left and right. That is, show me one person that evidences the Spirit within them, in the way that would warrant it as coming from God as it did in the Apostolic age?

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
charity said:
Hello @DNB,

What do you believe should be evident in the lives of believers who have received the indwelling new nature within which the Holy Spirit operates? How, for example, is it evidenced in your own life and witness?

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thanks charity, great question! First question: something tantamount to the 1st century's testimony, i.e. signs and wonders, words of undeniable wisdom (that even the Jews, Muslims and Atheists are impressed), fearlessness of imminent death and defying the authorities, etc... Something that truly makes men marvel, and are convinced of your endowment (not you imposing your perception of your gift upon them). Let others praise you.

Second question: absolutely nothing whatsoever, not an iota of anything. Outside of my confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, King of Kings and Lord of Lord, first-born of creation, and first-born from the dead, there is absolutely nothing else of people's perception of me, that would indicate that I have something as powerful and holy, as God's Spirit indwelling within me. At least, as far as I am concerned. And sorry charity, I would say this of almost every single Christian that I have ever met in my life, on this forum, or on You Tube. We're all feeble trying to understand the profundity of God's Word, missing the mark at least half the time, and disputing left and right. Show me one person that evidences the Spirit within them, in the way that would warrant it as coming from God as it did in the Apostolic age.
Hello @DNB,

When I read your reply, my unspoken thought was, "You lovely man!" For you have answered honestly, and with kindliness.

This question of what we should expect to be manifested in us is something worth considering in another thread under that subject heading, I hope we can do that some time, along with the question we are told to be ready to give answer to, 'to every man that asketh' in 1 Peter 3:15-16, which is not as straightforward as it seems.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: DNB and Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @DNB,

When I read your reply, my unspoken thought was, "You lovely man!" For you have answered honestly, and with kindliness.

This question of what we should expect to be manifested in us is something worth considering in another thread under that subject heading, I hope we can do that some time, along with the question we are told to be ready to give answer to, 'to every man that asketh' in 1 Peter 3:15-16, which is not as straightforward as it seems.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you charity, much appreciated (although rather generous).
Yes, another OP on the aforesaid subject matter would be compelling....
Thanks again!

Reactions: charity

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'As He saith also in Osee,
I will call them My people, which were not My people;
and her beloved, which was not beloved.
And it shall come to pass,
that in the place where it was said unto them,
Ye are not my people;
there shall they be called the children of the living God.'

(Rom 9:25-26 )
Quoted from Hosea 2:23 and Hosea 1:9-10

Hello @Davy,

Picking up on your reference to Romans 9:25-26. I believe that it is important to keep in mind the fact that the objector in this chapter is a Jew and not a Gentile. For a Gentile might object to the rejection of Esau, but no Jew would ever suggest that God was unrighteous because He rejected Edom and chose Israel (Romans 9:11-13). The pride of the Jew, so manifest in the Scriptures, would make such a suggestion impossible. The question of Romans 9:14, concerning the possibility of unrighteousness with God goes deeper; it arises out of the choice of the remnant according to the election of grace, and the corresponding passing by of the bulk of the nation. It is this, and not the 'hating' of Esau, that would create a difficulty in the mind of the Jew. So with the question of the 'hardening' of Pharoah's heart (Romans 9:17) . No orthodox Jew would have the slightest scruple or difficulty about this. What would trouble him would be the possibility that any one of the literal seed of Abraham should not find mercy.

So the words quoted from Hosea 2:23 and Hosea 1:9-10, by Paul, in Romans 9:25-26, is quoted in response to the objection of the Jews among the congregation of the Roman Church, and not to the Gentiles among them.

I agree that the 10 tribes are not lost, not to God, for He knows who they are and where.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I strongly disagree with your reasoning on the subject and object there in Romans 9:25-26. That section is not about Jacob vs. Esau. It's certainly not... about some Jew objector, don't know where the heck you got that false idea.

Paul was speaking to Roman Gentiles ABOUT Israel regarding the subject of election according to seed in comparison with believing Gentiles on Christ Jesus. From Paul they discover that 'both' MUST believe to be called God's Israel. Jews happen to have a hard time with the idea of believing Gentile believers on Christ being called spiritual Israel, but that is exactly what Paul is teaching there in Romans 9. The example Paul quoted from Hosea is but another case on that very point, because he was CLEARLY speaking that about believing Gentiles in that, so maybe you should read it again...

Rom 9:23-26
23 And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He saith also in Osee, "I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, 'Ye are not My people'; there shall they be called the children of the living God."
KJV

So you ought to read the Scripture correctly instead of smearing some baloney on it that isn't even a part of the subject.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello @Reggie Belafonte,

Though the nation of Israel is at present in a Loammi state, 'Not My People', they will one day once more be called by God, 'My People', as prophesied in the Old Testament Scriptures (e.g., Hosea 1:10 & Hosea 2:23). In regard to the gospel, they are enemies for our sakes, but in regard to the election of God, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. For blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. God has not cast away His People (Romans 11:1).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Why thank you Chris.
The Nation ? A Holy Nation I understand such to be, as in the Kingdom of God.
Israel, Not my People ? My people, who did Jesus say were his ?

What I see is that people are trying to make a worldly Nation, Gods Nation ? that's a mans works deal. it does not work that way in the Kingdom of God.
Satan will only come out of the Talmud Zionist babble with the Hellfire that is to come, they killed the 6 million Jews, they created all the wars, they empowered the Communist. they are as Jesus said, of their Father of lies who were murders from the beginning. Oh yes Jesus will come again ( not that he ever left us ) when they have destroyed themselves in their madness. The Devil is just as Jesus exposed him to be, just a tempter of man that has power in leading all astray due to the Stain of Original Sin.

I will just stay with Jesus Christ, I have no faith in mans works at all, and that's what all this land dealing nonsense is about, fact is that Jesus Christ has the whole world in his hands and we just have to abide in him regardless. anything that comes under the heading of temptations, one should know who that is.
So the Land means nothing to the Truly Saved, because when one is of the Kingdom of God then one is home in God.