an open letter to bbyrd009

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 6 brothers. I am the oldest of all and I was the boss! Lol
My wife had 4 brothers, two younger and two older, but all them, including the two older ones came to her for help in time of need. Their mother was insane (no exaggeration) and their father died when my wife was only 8 years old [her oldest brother was 12]. The strongest [not physically] and most stable one was my wife. Not long after their father's death one of their aunts dropped her off on the streets of San Francisco along with her two little brothers, one on her hip and the other held by the hand. She needed that strength. That was in the 1950's but even then not a good place for child of that age alone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not immature idiots here. No one will get 'corrupted' by someone else posting what you do not agree with. Just let it go.
Sometimes I believe that we are [immature idiots that is] and sometimes some may indeed be corrupted by what someone else posts. Not to have the fights or even to have disagreements might be good, but then again... "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

Sometimes when we are sure that our wants are equal to good, they are not. What is God saying? What is His left hand doing?

B

brakelite

My wife had 4 brothers, two younger and two older, but all them, including the two older ones came to her for help in time of need. Their mother was insane (no exaggeration) and their father died when my wife was only 8 years old [her oldest brother was 12]. The strongest [not physically] and most stable one was my wife. Not long after their father's death one of their aunts dropped her off on the streets of San Francisco along with her two little brothers, one on her hip and the other held by the hand. She needed that strength. That was in the 1950's but even then not a good place for child of that age alone.
Wow.

Reactions: amadeus

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is important; and coming to the knowledge of the truth is for us the heart of the Father.

He wants us all to speak the same thing (1 Corinthians 1:10, Philippians 2:2-3): but for that to happen we must all believe the same thing.

For that to happen we need to have the opportunity to hash out our doctrinal differences.

Even nonessential issues are important, when it comes down to it (see Luke 16:10).

PS I find it interesting that someone with the moniker of @Truth would admonish us to seek unity at the expense of truth! (We ought to pick monikers that fit our general direction of posting.)

Well when we can put aside our difference's, and post words of encouragement that are Truth, instead of bickering over doctrinal difference's, and finding fault with our Moniker's, and by the way all I want is the TRUTH, not some traditional Christian Theology derived from the Imagination's of men, which has been twisted from Scripture taken out of Context for the past 1700 years, at the hand of the Enemy, who will lead people away from the Truth, with subtle nuances. I am not giving our enemy any glory, but that is what He does!
My Moniker is what and who I am, for the Love of Truth!!
I found your statement of my moniker, Kinda of an Insult, but that is common amongst believer's today. the scripture call's them fiery dart's, no worries mon, I am not easily hurt, If we can't find common ground, what will become of us!

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just saying that it isn't consistent with your moniker to exalt unity over truth as a concept. No insult intended.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that my opinion matters to anyone, but I think we should all do our best to "let the minds clash, but keep the fists down".

Bread of Life arrogantly continues to promote papal Antichrist doctrine, which I hate because it's the most dangerous to humanity of all religious error that exists in that it's the most efficient means to lead people away from Christ because of its direct attack on His name, position, prerogative and authority - yet I never fail to remember that Jesus unconditionally loves him as well as all papists, so much that He gave His life to save them, as well as me.

Therefore, God is not pleased when we despise even for a moment those to whom He gave His Son to save. In ever person, He sees buried deep down and covered over by layer upon layer of flawed character the potential for a wretched soul to become His child through total surrender to Jesus.

If I am to be hated, let it be because I've preached truth and exposed false doctrine and hypocrisy in the church, not because I have failed to love others no matter if they serve God or the god of this world. :)

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that my opinion matters to anyone, but I think we should all do our best to "let the minds clash, but keep the fists down".

Bread of Life arrogantly continues to promote papal Antichrist doctrine, which I hate because it's the most dangerous to humanity of all religious error that exists in that it's the most efficient means to lead people away from Christ because of its direct attack on His name, position, prerogative and authority - yet I never fail to remember that Jesus unconditionally loves him as well as all papists, so much that He gave His life to save them, as well as me.

Therefore, God is not pleased when we despise even for a moment those to whom He gave His Son to save. In ever person, He sees buried deep down and covered over by layer upon layer of flawed character the potential for a wretched soul to become His child through total surrender to Jesus.

If I am to be hated, let it be because I've preached truth and exposed false doctrine and hypocrisy in the church, not because I have failed to love others no matter if they serve God or the god of this world. :)

Now that is perfect, I can not find any fault in your statement!! Standing on your Principles firmly, and yet having the Love of God & Savior!
If the Love of God is not in you, then God is also not in You!
I have been Offended on this Forum, and I always wait until I can respond without Animosity, with a forgiving Spirit!
Be Blessed Brother & Thank You.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that is perfect, I can not find any fault in your statement!! Standing on your Principles firmly, and yet having the Love of God & Savior!
If the Love of God is not in you, then God is also not in You!
I have been Offended on this Forum, and I always wait until I can respond without Animosity, with a forgiving Spirit!
Be Blessed Brother & Thank You.
It took me a while to learn that "righteous indignation" felt against religious error is never an excuse for unrighteous behavior toward any person, Christian or otherwise.