ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24:12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
Your subject line says "WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS"

and we can't discuss OSAS?? :lol:
We are discussing OSAS, ATP. We are isolating one particular scripture that refutes it, in the hope that some of you OSASers would focus on what this one scripture is saying.

Perhaps we will do the same with a few other scriptures, to the end that at least a few of you might realize that OSAS is a false doctrine...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
We are discussing OSAS, ATP. We are isolating one particular scripture that refutes it, in the hope that some of you OSASers would focus on what this one scripture is saying.

Perhaps we will do the same with a few other scriptures, to the end that at least a few of you might realize that OSAS is a false doctrine...
I thought you didn't wanna talk to me. <_<

If a particular scripture refutes it, then Jesus lied and did not die for all sins Heb 9:12.

Rom 4:7-8 NIV, Rom 6:10 NIV, Rom 8:38-39 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, Heb 7:23-25 NIV, Heb 7:27 NIV, Heb 9:12 NIV, Heb 9:24-28 NIV, Heb 10:10-12 NIV, 1 Pet 3:18 NIV

Someone here is taking scripture out of context, and I don't think it's...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
I already told you in the other thread that agape love refers to believers. Now read post 5 and use proper exegesis and follow the Holy Spirit where He leads, bro.
Yes....agape love refers to believers. It is the love of believers that has grown cold. That's the point.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

And the big hit

2Ti_3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Do you not trust God to save you, Faith, its that simple.

In all Hi Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
I thought you didn't wanna talk to me. <_<

If a particular scripture refutes it, then Jesus lied and did not die for all sins Heb 9:12.

Rom 4:7-8 NIV, Rom 6:10 NIV, Rom 8:38-39 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, Heb 7:23-25 NIV, Heb 7:27 NIV, Heb 9:12 NIV, Heb 9:24-28 NIV, Heb 10:10-12 NIV, 1 Pet 3:18 NIV

Someone here is taking scripture out of context, and I don't think it's...
*sigh*
I don't intend to argue with you, that is true.

But I will point out....Jesus died to save the whole world.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Is the whole world saved, then, ATP?

Hmmm....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

And the big hit

2Ti_3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Do you not trust God to save you, Faith, its that simple.

In all Hi Love
I should have put you in my ignore list long ago. But I really hate to do that....it's awful hard to reason with someone you have ignored.
Still....there doesn't seem to be any way to reason with you....
I will pray for you, however.
But I won't be seeing you for a bit.

Bye bye....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Subject Line: ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24:12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

<_<
Subject Line: ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24: 12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

Now, if you want us to analyze a different scripture that you think proves OSAS, why not start your own thread, and see how that works for you?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True believers are the only ones given eternal life at the moment of salvation and given a brand new soul that desires not to want to sin again. These are they who will endure to the end.

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

I Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. Also see, John 1:13

BODY STILL LUSTS AFTER SIN...

Romans 7 14-25:

14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me;
but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into
captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God;
but with the flesh the law of sin.

There are three forms of Love:

1 Eros = erotic love
2 Phelio = love for family and friends.
3 Agape = God's love

Three times Jesus asked Peter:

John 21:15-17

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Question, “Why did Peter grieved the third time around and which love is in view in above”?

T0 God Be The Glory

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Subject Line: ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24: 12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

Now, if you want us to analyze a different scripture that you think proves OSAS, why not start your own thread, and see how that works for you?
Isn't that the definition of a hypocrite though.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
*sigh*
I don't intend to argue with you, that is true.

But I will point out....Jesus died to save the whole world.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Is the whole world saved, then, ATP?

Hmmm....
No Barrd. Only those who accept the free gift of salvation are saved. Why do you think Jesus mourns for the lost.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 10:27-28 - this is supposed to be the clincher verse for OSAS. Here's why it doesn't work: When Jesus says, "no one shall snatch them out of my hands," He does not mean we can't leave His hands. We can choose to walk away from Him.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I should have put you in my ignore list long ago. But I really hate to do that....it's awful hard to reason with someone you have ignored.
Still....there doesn't seem to be any way to reason with you....
I will pray for you, however.
But I won't be seeing you for a bit.

Bye bye....
Your posts are always judgmental towards mjr, when all he's been preaching is GRACE.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
kepha31 said:
John 10:27-28 - this is supposed to be the clincher verse for OSAS. Here's why it doesn't work: When Jesus says, "no one shall snatch them out of my hands," He does not mean we can't leave His hands. We can choose to walk away from Him.
God will not over rule our free will.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Jun2u said:
True believers are the only ones given eternal life at the moment of salvation and given a brand new soul that desires not to want to sin again. These are they who will endure to the end.

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

I Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. Also see, John 1:13
Amen.

1 Pet 1:23 NIV For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 John 1:2 NIV because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever: