. . . and hearing, the Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Came across this:

Psalm 1:1-2: “Blessed is the man… his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.”

Instead of only relegating the Bible to “quiet time,” what if we opened our lives to engage with scripture all the time—including “noisy times”? Why not choose to listen to the Bible, instead of radio, podcasts, and audio books?

A lifestyle of Bible engagement (listening, reading, and studying) builds knowledge, and compounds with each read and listen.

Audio Bible Listening: Is it Cheating? - Explore the Bible

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That is silly...
We can just think back...in the old times of Jesus ..the people stood and LISTENED to God's word being read to them.
Most did not own a copy, and most others could not read..and down through the dark ages...ditto.

I don't do it now...but for years when fighting sickness...I slept with a tiny tape player under my pillow and and ear phones on.

God's word is alive , by whichever vehicle we use to receive it. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sold on it. Audio Bible increases my Scripture intake markedly during the day.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Me I got sold on Christ when He said, "My sheep hear My voice", and so my Ears strain to listen to every words He speaks, Because His words when we hear them bring life to us, something that no bible can do.

Reactions: amadeus