And just when you thought they couldn't get any loonier...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned. I have learned that you don't know the Bible, but also that you don't believe the Bible.

If you don't, then one of us doesn't. Calm yourself, and realize that when you scoff at the faith of other Christians, it reveals a lot of things about you that you might not want revealed. Think about it, before you do that to yourself, again.

I have showed you with the verses in (Revelation). To which you give an empty response of, 'the Bible doesn't say what you claimed it did' .

It's just a fact. As you saw, I showed you that it doesn't say what you want it to say. There's no "warning" at all. It's just a description about the mark. You made up the rest to make it acceptable to you.

But since you falsely claimed I said things that I did not, it's not surprising that you'd do it to scripture. Would you like me to show you, again?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't, then one of us doesn't. Calm yourself, and realize that when you scoff at the faith of other Christians, it reveals a lot of things about you that you might not want revealed. Think about it, before you do that to yourself, again.

It's just a fact. As you saw, I showed you that it doesn't say what you want it to say. There's no "warning" at all. It's just a description about the mark. You made up the rest to make it acceptable to you.

But since you falsely claimed I said things that I did not, it's not surprising that you'd do it to scripture. Would you like me to show you, again?

I didn't make up (Rev. 13:16-17). Or (Rev. 20:4). It's there for all to read.

You haven't showed any thing but your backside.

Yes, show me the verses I gave are not a warning against taking the mark of the beast. And show me where you say you showed me the first time.

Stranger

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't make up (Rev. 13:16-17). Or (Rev. 20:4). It's there for all to read.

You haven't showed any thing but your backside.

You need to get control of yourself. Your new interpretation of those verses are contradicted by God's word in Matthew 25 and James 2. As you just learned, Luther tried to get James removed from the Bible, correctly arguing that it contradicted his new doctrine of "faith alone."

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to get control of yourself. Your new interpretation of those verses are contradicted by God's word in Matthew 25 and James 2. As you just learned, Luther tried to get James removed from the Bible, correctly arguing that it contradicted his new doctrine of "faith alone."

You need to show me the verses of (Rev. 13-16-17) and (Rev. 20:4) are not a warning against taking the mark of the beast. And you need to show me where you have already showed me that as you claim you did.

Just giving a book and chapter is not showing me anything, except that you don't know what you are talking about. You have clearly demonstrated that.

As I said, do a little of your own study and get back with me when you have something to offer.

Stranger

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you now realize, your argument isn't with me; it's against Martin Luther who correctly argued that James 2:24 denies his doctrine of "faith only."

I'm merely showing you why he wanted to remove James and other books from the Bible.

I suppose you could argue that Luther didn't know what he was talking about, but I don't think that is going to be very productive for you.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to show me the verses of (Rev. 13-16-17) and (Rev. 20:4) are not a warning against taking the mark of the beast. And you need to show me where you have already showed me that as you claim you did.

That's the funny thing about evidence; you make the claim; you have to provide the evidence. Frustrating, maybe.

But that's how it works.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 13 is not a warning at all. It is a statement of fact. The warning has always been against the rejection of Atonement.
If any here find themselves on earth after the Second Coming, there is only one way of salvation, and that is having their head chopped off. The sooner the better.

Any one mocking salvation will just be waiting to join Satan with open arms.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 13 is not a warning at all. It is a statement of fact. The warning has always been against the rejection of Atonement.
If any here find themselves on earth after the Second Coming, there is only one way of salvation, and that is having their head chopped off. The sooner the better.

Assuming a particular modern revision of scripture, and an assumption that Revelation is not allegory, but an actual description of coming events. Neither of which is clearly indicated by God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 9:15
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

Pretty clear.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the funny thing about evidence; you make the claim; you have to provide the evidence. Frustrating, maybe.

But that's how it works.

Quit trying to change the subject. See post # (222). You asked if I would like you to show me again. I said yes I would. I am still waiting for you to show me, and where you showed me the first time.

I have already given you Scripture. (Rev. 13:16-17) (Rev. 20:4)

So far you are nothing but talk. I have showed that you not only don't know the Scriptures, but neither do you believe them.

Stranger

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming a particular modern revision of scripture, and an assumption that Revelation is not allegory, but an actual description of coming events. Neither of which is clearly indicated by God.
Well the allegory of Satan in charge does not prevent Satan from being in charge. Some even deny it is Satan in charge. I guess the allegory will hit hard when they are actually experiencing Satan in charge.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:

Yehren chuckles:

But that's how it works.

Quit trying to change the subject.

I don't have to disprove your claim. Up to you to prove it.

(Yehren points out that Stranger misrepresented what Yehren said)

You asked if I would like you to show me again. I said yes I would.

Sure... here it is, in context and in red:

It must be, because you would not take a mark just because the Bible said you shouldn't. It must be for another reason. Because, as you say, the government would never do that.

As you know, I never said that. You just made it up and pretended I said it.

You claim to believe scripture, but you've shown us that you don't even know what it is. Would you like me to show you that, again?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren chuckles:

But that's how it works.

You claim to believe scripture, but you've shown us that you don't even know what it is. Would you like me to show you that, again?

The Scriptures I gave are the evidence. (Rev. 13:16-17) (Rev. 20:4) That they are not evidence for you reveals much about you. You said you have showed me before that this was no warning to not take the mark. And then asked me if I wanted you to show me again. #(222) I said yes.
But of course nothing from you but crawfish. Still waiting. And there will be no end to the waiting because you have nothing. So you now resort to changing the subject.

So, much has been revealed here about you. You don't know the Bible. You open your mouth when you should be quiet as you don't know what you are talking about. When you are corrected with Scripture, you deny it. You refuse to believe it. To try and hide your ignorance and unbelief you try and change the subject. Well, you have enough rope now.

(Rev. 14:9-10) "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, if any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:"

Stranger

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures I gave are the evidence.

Doesn't say what you said it does.

So, much has been revealed here about you.

You shouldn't have misrepresented what I said:

Stranger said:
It must be, because you would not take a mark just because the Bible said you shouldn't. It must be for another reason. Because, as you say, the government would never do that.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't say what you said it does.

(Rev. 13:16-17) (Rev. 20:4) (Rev. 14:9-10) say exactly what I said it does. There is warning to not take the mark of the beast.

You're more of a coward than I first believed. You think you can just ignore these verses. Manup and either show me how they don't say what I have said, or admit you have nothing to offer. Admit you were wrong.

Stranger

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren chuckles:

But that's how it works.

@Yehren and @Stranger .....Revelation is defined as revealing what is not known....(as lib)....The entire book is a Revelation given to us that we might study and understand what will be the end. There is both warnings and rewards mentioned.
The majority of the book is about the reign of the antichrist and the seals being opened and poured out.
So if Revelation is equipping you with information then learn it wisely...as the angel said "let he who has an ear to hear...."
Are you hearing?
:)
God Bless

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Yehren and @Stranger .....Revelation is defined as revealing what is not known....(as lib)....The entire book is a Revelation given to us that we might study and understand what will be the end. There is both warnings and rewards mentioned.

It's precisely because it's highly symbolic and allegorical that we need to be extremely careful not to add or subtract anything from it. And here's the key; your salvation has nothing whatever to do with understanding the Book of Revelation.

That's not how God judges you.

And if you decide "I better act like this, so that I'll be spared tribulation", that's probably the best way to get tribulation.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

It's not what you do or know, unless you have that love for others. Without that, all you do or know or believe is in vain. Love God, love your neighbor, and do what that agape directs you to do. Then you won't have to worry about beasts with odd number of horns and such. Yes, Revelation says that you will be judged by your works, and failing that, will be tossed into the lake of fire. But remember 1 Corinthians 13:1; if you don't have love, everything else is in vain.

Hear this, and you have nothing to worry about.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're more of a coward than I first believed.

You're frustrated and upset; instead of making up stories about what I said, just address what I actually said. Then you won't feel the need to become verbally abusive. It's a bad idea. I won't report you for it, but others might.

As you now realize, revelation merely describes the story of the mark of the beast. It offers no warning, just gives a description.

Like your earlier false claim that I said government would never do that, there is no "warning." That's why you declined to show us one. Learn from this.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I know I'm never on here anymore but I just scoped out this thread and when I read Yehrens posts, the name made me curious so I looked up the name Yehren and it's kabolic. Sooo ya, There's your sign.

Yehren - First Name Meaning - What does Yehren mean?

Hmm... From your link:

"Yehren as a first name gives you a very independent nature, yet you are friendly, approachable, and generous."

Mostly true.

"You can be a spontaneous, expressive, and talkative person."

Yes, but being a facultative introvert, I need periods of solitude to recharge.

"Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be rather blunt and sarcastic."

That's true. And that bluntness is my greatest failing.

"This name incorporates creative, artistic, and musical abilities, and there would be an element of originality in all that you do."

I like making things; I'm a good photographer and a fair writer, but I seem to have no musical talent at all.

"You like to do things on the spur of the moment without planning or prior arrangements."

Yes. Very true.

"Your spirits are buoyed up greatly by encouragement and appreciation."

Very little. Aside from my immediate family, I don't get much satisfaction from these things.

"There is a tendency to be scattering in your efforts and you prefer to avoid menial jobs of a routine and repetitive nature."

Mostly true.

"You are inclined to pursue good times and emotional indulgences to excess."

Not at all. I'm remarkably conventional in my daily life. I don't like parties. I don't like being drunk; I'm rather reserved with most people, and I don't get emotional except with those with whom I am very close.

So a mixed bag. The name comes from another website; it is Chinese for "barbarian" or "wild man." An atheist on a website once told me that I did not understand how "barbaric" Christianity is. So I replied "call me the barbarian, then." It caught on. "Yehren" (野人) is just a variation.