And just when you thought they couldn't get any loonier...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's precisely because it's highly symbolic and allegorical that we need to be extremely careful not to add or subtract anything from it. And here's the key; your salvation has nothing whatever to do with understanding the Book of Revelation.

That's not how God judges you.

And if you decide "I better act like this, so that I'll be spared tribulation", that's probably the best way to get tribulation.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

It's not what you do or know, unless you have that love for others. Without that, all you do or know or believe is in vain. Love God, love your neighbor, and do what that agape directs you to do. Then you won't have to worry about beasts with odd number of horns and such. Yes, Revelation says that you will be judged by your works, and failing that, will be tossed into the lake of fire. But remember 1 Corinthians 13:1; if you don't have love, everything else is in vain.

Hear this, and you have nothing to worry about.
You always add more ingredients to the recipe which changes it from what should have been a cake into a bean casserole...:rolleyes:
Let's focus....Strictly speaking of Revelation only!!!! The seven churches received a message....in it was a praise and a chastisement...then a warning to do this or that will happen...
So right off the bat your understanding is flawed in regards to warnings.
After addressing the 7 churches the Angel showed John all the things that would come upon man and earth when God begins to pour out His wrath.
Remember how evil the world has become in the sight of God....
2 Peter 2
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not how God judges you.
And if you decide "I better act like this, so that I'll be spared tribulation", that's probably the best way to get tribulation.

Now this is a totally different topic.....
I don't care how you act...and I know how He judges.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always add more ingredients to the recipe which changes it from what should have been a cake into a bean casserole...

No. In fact, you're adding all this extra stuff to the Gospel. Jesus made it very simple and easy. Love God, love your fellow man. Everything else is based on that. If you do that, then your life will reflect it, and that will save you.

If you follow Him, then you should have no fear of anything; the beast (which is various things, not one big thing) can do no more than kill you, which in context of eternity, means nothing at all.

You're trying to make it so complicated, and it's so simple. Natural man resists such a simple thing, and wants to make it esoteric and complex. But it's not.

Simple, but hard for men to do; that's what it is.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. In fact, you're adding all this extra stuff to the Gospel. Jesus made it very simple and easy. Love God, love your fellow man. Everything else is based on that. If you do that, then your life will reflect it, and that will save you.

If you follow Him, then you should have no fear of anything; the beast (which is various things, not one big thing) can do no more than kill you, which in context of eternity, means nothing at all.

You're trying to make it so complicated, and it's so simple. Natural man resists such a simple thing, and wants to make it esoteric and complex. But it's not.

Simple, but hard for men to do; that's what it is.
Love is the commandment Jesus gave us...but what has that got to do with what we are discussing about Revelation....which you argued with Stranger that it does not warn us about the mark?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. In fact, you're adding all this extra stuff to the Gospel.
This is very wrong and deceptive of you to say I am adding all this extra stuff to the Gospel.....I added nothing and at this point I won't discuss anything else with you because you will not answer a simple question with a simple answer.
Been there....done that with you.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I added nothing and at this point I won't discuss anything else with you because you will not answer a simple question with a simple answer.

You got an answer; you just didn't get the answer you wanted. If you can't tolerate disagreement, maybe it's better that you don't post on debate boards.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got an answer; you just didn't get the answer you wanted. If you can't tolerate disagreement, maybe it's better that you don't post on debate boards.
This is the same answer you give everyone.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gates sponsored a simulation of the coronavirus pandemic just weeks before the Wuhan virus outbreak. Does that tell you something?
Bill Gates has advocated for pandemic preparedness for years. Sooo it tells me he is a forward thinking business man.

Reactions: Giuliano

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bill Gates has advocated for pandemic preparedness for years. Sooo it tells me he is a forward thinking business man.
No that is not what it tells you. What it tells you that this greedy billionaire wants to profit from pandemics and vaccinations. That is why those initial astronomical mortality projections (funded by Gates) and promoted by Fauci and Birx were nothing more than scare-tactics (millions of deaths). Fear mongering at its best, since "experts" know what they are talking about! Hence the shut-down. And now Gates wants to cash-in with immunization certificates for all.

How effective are flu vaccines? No more than 40-47%.
"This year's vaccine, formulated for the H1N1 strain of influenza virus, has been 47 percent effective so far, the CDC also said. Last year's vaccine was 36 percent effective at the same point in the season. Overall, the 2017-2018 vaccine was 40 percent effective for the entire season."
Flu Season: Up to 19,000 People Have Died; Vaccine Protecting About Half Who Get It | The Weather Channel

So there is a more that 50% chance that even after vaccination, you are far from safe.

Also, no one should believe anything about vaccines published by NIH, CDC, and WHO any longer.
They have a conspiracy to mislead people instead of telling the truth because money is involved. Robert F. Kennedy Jr has recently exposed IN DEPTH the lies of CNN and their doctor Sanjay Gupta for persistently lying about the flu vaccine. So if that is true for one vaccine, it will be true for all vaccines.

To add insult to injury CDC has instructed doctors in the USA to inflate the numbers of deaths from COVID 19, by indiscriminately attributing that as the reason for deaths from other causes.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is not what it tells you. What it tells you that this greedy billionaire wants to profit from pandemics and vaccinations. That is why those initial astronomical mortality projections (funded by Gates) and promoted by Fauci and Birx were nothing more than scare-tactics (millions of deaths). Fear mongering at its best, since "experts" know what they are talking about! Hence the shut-down. And now Gates wants to cash-in with immunization certificates for all.

How effective are flu vaccines? No more than 40-47%.
"This year's vaccine, formulated for the H1N1 strain of influenza virus, has been 47 percent effective so far, the CDC also said. Last year's vaccine was 36 percent effective at the same point in the season. Overall, the 2017-2018 vaccine was 40 percent effective for the entire season."
Flu Season: Up to 19,000 People Have Died; Vaccine Protecting About Half Who Get It | The Weather Channel

So there is a more that 50% chance that even after vaccination, you are far from safe.

Also, no one should believe anything about vaccines published by NIH, CDC, and WHO any longer.
They have a conspiracy to mislead people instead of telling the truth because money is involved. Robert F. Kennedy Jr has recently exposed IN DEPTH the lies of CNN and their doctor Sanjay Gupta for persistently lying about the flu vaccine. So if that is true for one vaccine, it will be true for all vaccines.

To add insult to injury CDC has instructed doctors in the USA to inflate the numbers of deaths from COVID 19, by indiscriminately attributing that as the reason for deaths from other causes.
Ummmm....so YOU get to decide what it tells ME ....fascinating

Reactions: Giuliano

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're frustrated and upset; instead of making up stories about what I said, just address what I actually said. Then you won't feel the need to become verbally abusive. It's a bad idea. I won't report you for it, but others might.

As you now realize, revelation merely describes the story of the mark of the beast. It offers no warning, just gives a description.

What's the matter? No (chuckles)? Go ahead and report me. It's your only way out at the moment. It's not verbal abuse if it's true.

I realize you are ignorant concerning the book of (Revelation). Revelation is not a story of the mark of the beast. It is the revelation of God to Christ concerning the entire consumation of man's history on earth, of which the mark is but a part.

There are many warnings in the book of Revelation. For you to say there is no warning is, again, both ignorance and unbelief, as I have said before. To each of the 7 churches there is given a warning. They are found in (Rev. 2-3). Do you want me to take you by the hand and show them to you. I will if you need me to.

There is warning in (Rev. 22:18-19). That concerns adding or taking away from anything in the book of (Revelation). My, isn't that pertinent. It's in the last chapter and page of the book. This will make it easy for you to find. Do you have a Bible or do you just google. Sincere question.

Plus there is the warning for the people of God to get out of Babylon which shall be destroyed. (Rev. 18:4-5)

And then there is the warning given to not take the mark. (Rev. 14:9-10) "...If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God..."

So as I have proved, your statement that there is no warning in the book of (Revelation) is not true. Your statement that there is no warning concerning the mark of the beast is not true. Of course you will deny these clear proofs. Making it no more ignorance but unbelief.

Stranger

Reactions: APAK

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Hmm... From your link:

"Yehren as a first name gives you a very independent nature, yet you are friendly, approachable, and generous."

Mostly true.

"You can be a spontaneous, expressive, and talkative person."

Yes, but being a facultative introvert, I need periods of solitude to recharge.

"Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be rather blunt and sarcastic."

That's true. And that bluntness is my greatest failing.

"This name incorporates creative, artistic, and musical abilities, and there would be an element of originality in all that you do."

I like making things; I'm a good photographer and a fair writer, but I seem to have no musical talent at all.

"You like to do things on the spur of the moment without planning or prior arrangements."

Yes. Very true.

"Your spirits are buoyed up greatly by encouragement and appreciation."

Very little. Aside from my immediate family, I don't get much satisfaction from these things.

"There is a tendency to be scattering in your efforts and you prefer to avoid menial jobs of a routine and repetitive nature."

Mostly true.

"You are inclined to pursue good times and emotional indulgences to excess."

Not at all. I'm remarkably conventional in my daily life. I don't like parties. I don't like being drunk; I'm rather reserved with most people, and I don't get emotional except with those with whom I am very close.

So a mixed bag. The name comes from another website; it is Chinese for "barbarian" or "wild man." An atheist on a website once told me that I did not understand how "barbaric" Christianity is. So I replied "call me the barbarian, then." It caught on. "Yehren" (野人) is just a variation.

Yehren, thank you for clarifying. Sorry if I came off as judgmental. Some would consider me a barbarian i suppose. :)

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
It must be, because you would not take a mark just because the Bible said you shouldn't. It must be for another reason. Because, as you say, the government would never do that.

As you know, I never said that. You just made it up and pretended I said it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren, thank you for clarifying. Sorry if I came off as judgmental. Some would consider me a barbarian i suppose. :)

I wasn't offended at all. I found it interesting. Interesting enough to research Kabalarians and see what my real name did. That gave a reading not close to me. So maybe Yehren is a better name.

They seem kinda secretive about how they figure it, so I'm less impressed than I might otherwise be.

Years ago, I had a class of gifted and talented students, one of whom expressed confidence in astrology. I suggested we test it. Each one gave me their birthdate, and I drew up horoscopes for each one. I handed them out, telling them to not show them to anyone else at first, rate how accurate they were, and then share with everyone at their table and rate how well the others worked. They were all highly impressed with the accuracy, until they shared theirs and found that I had given all of them the exact same horoscope.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, Scripture says there will be such a thing. (Rev. 13:16) That is reality.

Oh, did I misunderstand Scripture? How about (Rev. 20:4) "...and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands...." Seems like I understood it very well.

I see. You don't believe the Bible. Which is what I suspected anyway. But it now all comes together.

Stranger
We need to see that Revelation is an apocalyptic allegory and not literal future history. The mark of the beast may very well be conformity to this present world instead of full commitment to Christ. In John's time, there were many beheaded for their witness to Christ. This is what happened to Roman citizens who, in their commitment to Christ, refused to worship the emperor. It was the non-citizens who were crucified. Peter was a Jew and therefore crucified, but Paul was a Roman citizen and so he was beheaded. It is also said that the first three graduates of John Calvin's seminary were promptly arrested and beheaded. We don't know how many Christians in Islamic countries have been beheaded for their faith, and we know that ISIS did not hesitate to cut the heads off Christians when they caught them.

So, when people trying to interpret Revelation, thinking that it is to do with real future events rather than an apocalyptic allegory (except for Jesus' statements about the seven churches, which are directed at those churches seeing these churches are named), end up with misconceived opinions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, I didn't make it up. You said (Revelation) gives no warning. I have showed you multiple warnings. You think hiding and not responding to what I said removes your accountability. It doesn't. It reveals what you like to present yourself as, is all bull. It reveals the skirt you are wearing.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved in disucussions where you don't know what you are talking about. Someone will call your bluff, as I did. And your left with an empty hand.

Stranger

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
It must be, because you would not take a mark just because the Bible said you shouldn't. It must be for another reason. Because, as you say, the government would never do that.

No, I didn't make it up.

Post 181. I have a screenshot of it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Post 181. I have a screenshot of it.

Go ahead and keep running. It becomes you. (Rev. 13:16-17) (Rev. 20:4) (Rev. 14:9-10)

Stranger