And just when you thought they couldn't get any loonier...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good grief! The "chip", AGAIN???
The 'Chip' :confused: Yes this conspiracy theory has been around since the 1970's Not gonna happen. Firstly the thing will wear out, so one chip will become 2 chips, and 3 chips and so on. Secondly the thing will fry in some people bodies because the natural electrical field they have. I am one of those individuals that can't use bluetooth because the devices fry. Thirdly the device can be hacked and the data on it can be corrupted. It is much easier and cheaper to track people with facial recognition, iris scans and finger prints.

Reactions: Yehren

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the first and most compelling reason is, there is no such thing and there isn't going to be in the foreseeable future. Again, reality is the bottom line.
And also, you've misunderstood Revelation, which does not actually warn you against taking the mark of the beast.

Revelation 13:16 [16] And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Scripture just mentions it, but does not warn against it. In the highly unlikely case that it's literal and not allegorical, I'd suggest that you should avoid it.

But if you believe there is such a thing as a computer chip vaccine to be implanted in people, messing up Scripture probably isn't the major problem here.

Well, Scripture says there will be such a thing. (Rev. 13:16) That is reality.

Oh, did I misunderstand Scripture? How about (Rev. 20:4) "...and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands...." Seems like I understood it very well.

I see. You don't believe the Bible. Which is what I suspected anyway. But it now all comes together.

Stranger

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Scripture says there will be such a thing. (Rev. 13:16) That is reality.

It just doesn't say what you claimed it did.

Oh, did I misunderstand Scripture?

Yep. Nowhere does it warn against having the mark. You just made that up. You're a literalist until it doesn't say what you want, and then you just make something up, as you made up something and then falsely claimed I said it.

Seems like I understood it very well.

I get it. You don't believe the Bible. Which is why you add stuff to make it more acceptable to you.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'Chip' :confused: Yes this conspiracy theory has been around since the 1970's Not gonna happen. Firstly the thing will wear out, so one chip will become 2 chips, and 3 chips and so on. Secondly the thing will fry in some people bodies because the natural electrical field they have. I am one of those individuals that can't use bluetooth because the devices fry. Thirdly the device can be hacked and the data on it can be corrupted. It is much easier and cheaper to track people with facial recognition, iris scans and finger prints.

Yep. Which is why authoritarian regimes show little interest in chipping their people. There are cheaper and more effective ways to monitor them.

Reactions: Mama Etna

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Which is why authoritarian regimes show little interest in chipping their people. There are cheaper and more effective ways to monitor them.

There's always the bottom line - money. They will use the cheapest and most cost effective way to monitor people and invade their privacy. Yes it is a real concern. They are not going to do it using a method that is expensive and not dependable.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just doesn't say what you claimed it did.

Yep. Nowhere does it warn against having the mark. You just made that up. You're a literalist until it doesn't say what you want, and then you just make something up, as you made up something and then falsely claimed I said it.

I get it. You don't believe the Bible. Which is why you add stuff to make it more acceptable to you.

Your dishonesty continues. Which is why you left out the other quote of Scripture. But here it is again.

(Rev. 13:15-16) "And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

(Rev. 20:4) "...and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God,and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands...."

Yes, I believe the Bible. You do not.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen and APAK

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is such as thing as technological advances. It happens all the time. Technology is constantly being developed that is more sophisticated and cheaper. At least, that's been the trend over the last few decades.

Chips have already been developed and injected into animals and humans. Over 10 years ago, we had a dog with a chip implanted in her neck. And chips have been used for people who have severe dementia for years. Also, companies have begun to use chips instead of badges for various purposes.

Here's an interesting article from USA Today: Microchip: You will get chipped — eventually

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just doesn't say what you claimed it did. Nowhere does it warn against having the mark. You just made that up. You're a literalist until it doesn't say what you want, and then you just make something up, as you made up something and then falsely claimed I said it.

I get it. You don't believe the Bible. Which is why you add stuff to make it more acceptable to you. Your dishonesty continues. First you lied about me when you claimed I said the government would never do something like that, then you lied about scripture. The truth matters. And it should matter to you.

The Bible doesn't "warn" us about anything regarding the mark of the beast. It merely describes what the mark is. You know this. So does everyone else here.

You don't believe the Bible. You believe whatever you want to believe, even if it's contrary to the Bible.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chips have already been developed and injected into animals and humans. Over 10 years ago, we had a dog with a chip implanted in her neck. And chips have been used for people who have severe dementia for years. Also, companies have begun to use chips instead of badges for various purposes.

What isn't technologically possible is a "vaccine chip" to be injected into the bloodstream. That's just a fantasy. Someone conflated vaccine nanotechnology with electronics. Two entirely different things. It's perfectly possible technologically to implant a chip in people. We do it with dogs regularly.

As Grumman Tomcat said, the reason dictators don't use inserted chips because they are both more expensive and less reliable than other methods.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What isn't technologically possible is a "vaccine chip" to be injected into the bloodstream. That's just a fantasy. Someone conflated vaccine nanotechnology with electronics. Two entirely different things. It's perfectly possible technologically to implant a chip in people. We do it with dogs regularly.

As Grumman Tomcat said, the reason dictators don't use inserted chips because they are both more expensive and less reliable than other methods.
Did you read the article I linked?? Companies are chipping people right now!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the article I linked??

Yep. Read what I wrote, again:

Companies are chipping people right now!

But authoritarian states aren't, for the reason we showed you.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Read what I wrote, again:

But authoritarian states aren't, for the reason we showed you.
I wasn’t addressing a “vaccine chip.” I was replying to Tomcat’s comment about using chips to track people.

How do you know that tyrants aren’t using chips to track people or will not be doing this in the future?? The FACT is that you don’t know for sure!

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn’t addressing a “vaccine chip.” I was replying to Tomcat’s comment about using chips to track people.

How do you know that tyrants aren’t using chips to track people

Chips are easy to find. And our intelligence people are well aware of the dictators doing more tracking. The face recognition work in China, for example, is well-known, and easy to detect. And given the drawbacks of using chips, they'd have to be pretty stupid to use an method that was at once more costly and less reliable.

or will not be doing this in the future??

Because it's more costly and less reliable than other methods. Police occasionally will secretly put a GPS device on a car they want to track. Some car dealers have done it, so that if the payments aren't made, it's easy to find the car. These are generally illegal absent a warrant, but it's done. A reasonably intelligent crook anticipates that kind of thing. Do they destroy the GPS device? Generally not. They take it and put it on a someone else's vehicle, just for grins.

But you likely already have means for them to find you. If you have a cell phone, a Stinger device can mimic a cell tower and give your data to police from your cell phone. Again, of questionable Constitutionality, but arguably legal for the same reason you can monitor police broadcasts. In America, you can intercept any wireless communication, and so can the authorities. Hence, your cordless phone conversations aren't covered against search and seizure rules. Do you use toll roads? They get your license plate (and usually, it's illegal to put anything over the plate to confuse the camera). If you have a toll tag or other electronic billing device, they got you again. All of this is discoverable, since it's public and not privileged in any way.

The fantasies are a distraction while the real thing is being used by corporations and governments.

The FACT is that you don’t know for sure!

If you want to be informed, weird cults and websites aren't the way. Here's a group of rational, informed people who are looking out for you. You may not agree with everything they do (I don't) but they do know what's going on, and are working to protect the public.
Electronic Frontier Foundation

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chips are easy to find. And our intelligence people are well aware of the dictators doing more tracking. The face recognition work in China, for example, is well-known, and easy to detect. And given the drawbacks of using chips, they'd have to be pretty stupid to use an method that was at once more costly and less reliable.

Because it's more costly and less reliable than other methods. Police occasionally will secretly put a GPS device on a car they want to track. Some car dealers have done it, so that if the payments aren't made, it's easy to find the car. These are generally illegal absent a warrant, but it's done. A reasonably intelligent crook anticipates that kind of thing. Do they destroy the GPS device? Generally not. They take it and put it on a someone else's vehicle, just for grins.

But you likely already have means for them to find you. If you have a cell phone, a Stinger device can mimic a cell tower and give your data to police from your cell phone. Again, of questionable Constitutionality, but arguably legal for the same reason you can monitor police broadcasts. In America, you can intercept any wireless communication, and so can the authorities. Hence, your cordless phone conversations aren't covered against search and seizure rules. Do you use toll roads? They get your license plate (and usually, it's illegal to put anything over the plate to confuse the camera). If you have a toll tag or other electronic billing device, they got you again. All of this is discoverable, since it's public and not privileged in any way.

The fantasies are a distraction while the real thing is being used by corporations and governments.

If you want to be informed, weird cults and websites aren't the way. Here's a group of rational, informed people who are looking out for you. You may not agree with everything they do (I don't) but they do know what's going on, and are working to protect the public.
Electronic Frontier Foundation

LOL!!!! Judging from your verbose response (again, addressing things I never said), I’m guessing you have way too much time on your hands, friend. I don't go to cults' weird websites as you have implied. I guess we'll all see how things pan out concerning microchips--sooner or later.

Last edited:

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry, I'm guessing that Bill Gates cannot fit through the eye of a needle. Furthermore, whatever Bill Gates may or may not be up to, he will not achieve one iota without God allowing it. Nothing happens without God's allowance, even the beginning of the tribulation.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!!! Judging from your verbose response (again, addressing things I never said), I’m guessing you have way too much time on your hands, friend.

If I hear something like that, I go check it out. It's how I know about Electronic Frontier and the (very real) ways governments and corporations are trying to keep tabs on us. It's just that the "chip controversy" is distraction to keep your eyes elsewhere.

I don't go to cults' weird websites as you have implied.

No problem. They'll come to you, as you have seen here.

I guess we'll all see how things pan out concerning microchips--sooner or later.

We're seeing it in China, and in businesses today. Microchips are just a boogeyman meant to distract you from the real problems. And it's not "someday"; it's here and now.

Business Groups Push Back Against Proposed Facial-Recognition Bans

‘Moratorium on the use of facial recognition technology would be premature and have unintended consequences’

Adam Janofsky
Oct. 30, 2019 5:30 am ET
The corporate sector is working to influence how facial-recognition tools are regulated, spooked by local bans on government agencies’ use of the technology and lawmakers’ proposals for nationwide restrictions.
Business Groups Push Back Against Proposed Facial-Recognition Bans

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Facial recognition is a much bigger concern than microchips. Microchips can actually be destroyed by EMP pulses. That technology can be defeated. That is another disadvantage of it. It is useful on pets, livestock and even people with dementia, but as I have said it can be defeated on a person who is intelligent.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just doesn't say what you claimed it did. Nowhere does it warn against having the mark. You just made that up. You're a literalist until it doesn't say what you want, and then you just make something up, as you made up something and then falsely claimed I said it.

I get it. You don't believe the Bible. Which is why you add stuff to make it more acceptable to you. Your dishonesty continues. First you lied about me when you claimed I said the government would never do something like that, then you lied about scripture. The truth matters. And it should matter to you.

The Bible doesn't "warn" us about anything regarding the mark of the beast. It merely describes what the mark is. You know this. So does everyone else here.

You don't believe the Bible. You believe whatever you want to believe, even if it's contrary to the Bible.

And stranger responds with:

More ********. More dishonesty.

Yep. There's really no point in getting angry and making baseless accusations. Everyone can go back and see what you did, if they even care enough about what you think, to do so.

You didn't know (or didn't want to admit) what was in Revelation about the mark of the beast, and when I showed you, you became angry and abusive. And you claimed I said things I did not say.

And that's all there is to it. Learn from it and do better, next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. There's really no point in getting angry and making baseless accusations. Everyone can go back and see what you did, if they even care enough about what you think, to do so.

You didn't know (or didn't want to admit) what was in Revelation about the mark of the beast, and when I showed you, you became angry and abusive. And you claimed I said things I did not say.

And that's all there is to it. Learn from it and do better, next time.

I have learned. I have learned that you don't know the Bible, but also that you don't believe the Bible. I have showed you with the verses in (Revelation). To which you give an empty response of, 'the Bible doesn't say what you claimed it did' .

But it says exactly what I claimed it did. You just don't like it as you made your ignorant statements already and now have no where to go. Your first statements were out of ignorance. But when proven wrong, you refuse to acknowledge it and your statements now become unbelief, and bs.

When you do your own studying of the Bible instead of a quick google here and there, get back with me. Perhaps you will have something to offer then.

But, don't forget these verses. (Rev. 13:16-17) "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor,free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their forheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

(Rev. 20:4"...and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands...."

Stranger