And Thy House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Why the nonsense? I stated "the same as usual" conditions for Christians to receive anything from God. Faith and obedience.

This promise is to ALL Christians who believe the promise. God will change the hearts of a Christian's family if he believes the promise. God changes hearts.

The family members, each individual must also believe and personally accept Christ as Savior.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The family members, each individual must also believe and personally accept Christ as Savior.
And they will for Christians who believe God's many promises. God will change their hearts for believers. Don't you believe that God changes hearts? It's a Biblical fact.

Ezekiel 11:19-20 (NKJV)
[sup]19 [/sup]Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, [sup]20 [/sup]that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Is this true in every case or just a few?
It is true for ALL those who meet God's conditions. The majority do not meet the conditions.

1 John 3:22 (NKJV)
[sup]22 [/sup]And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
It is true for ALL those who meet God's conditions. The majority do not meet the conditions.

1 John 3:22 (NKJV)
[sup]22 [/sup]And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

So you believe that God will save all the members of your family if you keep His commandments? Are there any other conditions?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So you believe that God will save all the members of your family if you keep His commandments? Are there any other conditions?
Believe His promises.

Mark 11:24 (NKJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Believe His promises.

[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

So if you believe that God will save all your family members and you obey all God's commandments then God will save every member of your family regardless of their attitude towards Him?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So if you believe that God will save all your family members and you obey all God's commandments then God will save every member of your family regardless of their attitude towards Him?
God changes hearts.

[sup]19 [/sup]Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, [sup]20 [/sup]that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
God changes hearts.

Yes I agree He does change hearts but I don't limit Him to the hearts that I think qualify.

You should consider reading Jonah, maybe god will change your heart too.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes I agree He does change hearts but I don't limit Him to the hearts that I think qualify.

You should consider reading Jonah, maybe god will change your heart too.
If I'm wrong I will still be saved, according to you. If you are wrong you will be held accountable for everyone you deceived, everyone who ends up in Hell. I can't lose.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
If I'm wrong I will still be saved, according to you. If you are wrong you will be held accountable for everyone you deceived, everyone who ends up in Hell. I can't lose.

Except for the fact you are resisting God's plan and will just like Jonah or the prodigal's brother.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Believe His promises.

We also know that God will only hear prayers in line with his will so I may ask you, how do you know it's his will to save your family?

I've read this and haven't gotten a really direct feeling as to what you believe. Are you saying your family will be saved by what you do, through Christ??????

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Except for the fact you are resisting God's plan and will just like Jonah or the prodigal's brother.
You've already stated clearly that I will be saved no matter what I do. You are VERY wrong. There are conditions for salvation. MANY won't make it.

Ephesians 5:5-6 (NKJV)
[sup]5 [/sup]For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. [sup]6 [/sup]Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

We also know that God will only hear prayers in line with his will so I may ask you, how do you know it's his will to save your family?

I've read this and haven't gotten a really direct feeling as to what you believe. Are you saying your family will be saved by what you do, through Christ??????
Why did He give us SO MANY promises if He won't save our loved ones? Why wouldn't He? I am saying that God changes hearts for those who are His. I.E.

Acts 16:31-33 (NKJV)
[sup]31 [/sup]So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." [sup]32 [/sup]Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. [sup]33 [/sup]And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.

Why would God save this man's family and not save ours? God changes hearts. I.E.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Why did He give us SO MANY promises if He won't save our loved ones? Why wouldn't He? I am saying that God changes hearts for those who are His. I.E.

Acts 16:31-33 (NKJV)
[sup]31 [/sup]So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." [sup]32 [/sup]Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. [sup]33 [/sup]And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.
I don't disagree God changes hearts so you can drop that argument: I agree. Pointless argument when it's not really an argument.

As far as the household thing, you seem to be neglecting verse 32, And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.

The entire family heard and responded in faith.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

I don't disagree God changes hearts so you can drop that argument: I agree. Pointless argument when it's not really an argument.

As far as the household thing, you seem to be neglecting verse 32, And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.

The entire family heard and responded in faith.
Psalm 37:4 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
It's getting difficult to take you seriously.
Please answer my question. If you can't answer a simple question about how you take a situation (ask for 70 virgins), how can anyone take YOU seriously?

You said one shouldn't ask for that because of sin. Is that the exception you draw?

And if so, where in the Bible is this exception?