And Thy House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Absolutely but again wheres the conflict, where does it state that it must happen within a certain time ?
If you wait til Judgment Day you will be too late. Take note: EVERLASTING

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
[sup]41 [/sup]Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
If you wait til Judgment Day you will be too late. Take note: EVERLASTING

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
[sup]41 [/sup]Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

The Greek word is aion has been interpreted to mean many things but the the most accurate definition at least concerning the scriptures has to do more with quality (realm) than quantity (time) and It probably requires more patience and desire than what you possess for an appropriate and accurate study. But I see no need to continue with this discussion you obviously are blinded by the teaching of unending torment and how it conflicts with scripture and God's own character, making Christ a liar and a loser.

Jesus said to love your enemies and then you will be like your Father in heaven. Yet many maintain that God does not love His enemies and will torment them forever by force ignoring the just penalty for sin which is death of which the scriptures declare that Christ paid this penalty for us all at the cross.

I do however pray for you that God will reveal to you the truth. God bless

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
It's only temporary. God will change their hearts for someone who believes His many promises.
That's a mighty stretch. Nobody can honestly read Matthew 10:34-42 and conclude that it's temporary.
Christ is speaking about bringing a sword. He's speaking about not making peace. He's speaking about leaving and denying everything you once knew (including family) to follow him.

Mark 10:28-30 (NKJV)
[sup]28 [/sup]Then Peter began to say to Him, "See, we have left all and followed You." [sup]29 [/sup]So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, [sup]30 [/sup]who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life.
It's an idea, once more.
You leave what you knew behind, but you will receive blessings. A new family (those in Christ).

Again I don't understand why some people could read such a thing in regular language and understand this as an example an idea, but when they get to the Bible immediately switch to ultra-literal mode. (And if you still want to do that you must also acknowledge there's nothing in here for literalism to say it's speaking of the same family they left).

Because you notice you leave "house" but will receive "houses". Did you notice that? You left something specific (your house). You will receive "houses". It's clearly not talking of the same one you left.
Brothers and sisters are multiples so it'll be plural in both instances, but "father, mother" becomes "fathers and mothers". Again, it's clear you don't receive the one you left but you get new family.

It's only for those who have faith.

Proverbs 10:24 (NKJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]The fear of the wicked will come upon him, And the desire of the righteous will be granted.
So you can't get the passage to support what you're preaching so you've got to prooftext multiple verses?
You must prove the family coming to Christ was dependent of the head. And you can't do that. All the passage says is it'll happen, and: it did. By how? The reading and then the response to the gospel by the entire family, we see this later, but you don't like to quote that part.

And again you quote "desire of righteous"... Again I ask, what if your desire is 70 virgins? You've still failed to provide Biblical evidence of that exception you say is "because of sin".

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The Greek word is aion has been interpreted to mean many things but the the most accurate definition at least concerning the scriptures has to do more with quality (realm) than quantity (time) and It probably requires more patience and desire than what you possess for an appropriate and accurate study. But I see no need to continue with this discussion you obviously are blinded by the teaching of unending torment and how it conflicts with scripture and God's own character, making Christ a liar and a loser.

Jesus said to love your enemies and then you will be like your Father in heaven. Yet many maintain that God does not love His enemies and will torment them forever by force ignoring the just penalty for sin which is death of which the scriptures declare that Christ paid this penalty for us all at the cross.

I do however pray for you that God will reveal to you the truth. God bless
Ever wonder why God wasted all those commandments for you?