And will reveal Myself to him….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:21 (NASB20)
“The one who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The connecting of these two thoughts is almost scary because it is so vivid…

The keeping of Christ’s commandments, to Christ revealing of Himself…

The profoundness of this statement, but even the more, the promise there is in this statement… Which is the putting forth the way forward of one’s relationship with Christ..… Meaning, that to the degree one’s heart wants to have a relationship with Christ, to that degree can that heart have a relationship with Christ… The keeping of Christ’s commandments being the doorkeeper…

So than how can one keep Christ’s commandments on a moment by moment basis?

When I was younger I would scream and cry to God about why He would not fix me… Me, being the disaster that I was, I knew how wrong the motivations of my heart were, I knew how wrong my reasonings were, how much I didn’t know or understand, I longed to have a good heart, but could not make myself.. I would do so so for a time and be able to control my judgments, but would always fail sooner or later.. Henceforth would I cry, God why won’t you fix me? … Not knowing He couldn’t fix the old creation, it had to be put to death to stop its workings..

So therefore, because my salvation i.e. (fixing me) was His highest priority, He did one so much the better……

He therefore killed me, meaning, that He showed me that when Christ died on the cross, He put me to death with Him, which, as with all deaths, frees that one from their life… Therefore to the degree I have faith or reckon into this truth, am I freed from all my failing judgments to be pleasing to God… He showed me He brought to birth a new creation in me, which creation grows by the faith of my heart turned towards Him.. In this new birth is the obedience to Him found, so that the law might be fulfilled in me, but not by me… So with a constant looking off to Him to grow this new life in me, which fruit is the manifestation of righteousness in my doings, do I look to Him…

For He taught me to the degree I reckon myself dead to sin and alive unto Him, to that degree will I walk in all the light I understand…. So with a constant heart to see into the commandments the deeper, that I might walk in the light of righteousness the more, do I look to Him…

Faith and faith in God alone is the requirement, a constant looking off to Him in all things… For I have died and my life is hid with Christ in God.. That I might by experience experience this truth the deeper..

Be blessed in your relationship with our Savior, Not me

Reactions: Wynona and marks

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ revealed himself to me when I was dead in sin. I was definitely not keeping his commandments as I didn’t even know them(to love God with all your heart and love your brother as yourself). The only thing I can think of is that he can look into the future and see the person that you will become when he is finished with you. The finished work of his hands. God is quite amazing.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ revealed himself to me when I was dead in sin. I was definitely not keeping his commandments as I didn’t even know them(to love God with all your heart and love your brother as yourself). The only thing I can think of is that he can look into the future and see the person that you will become when he is finished with you. The finished work of his hands. God is quite amazing.

I rejoice with you of Christ revealing Himself…

Scripture says ‘when we were yet without strength Christ died for the ungodly’

So be blessed in your relationship with Him…

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Mantis

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For He taught me to the degree I reckon myself dead to sin and alive unto Him, to that degree will I walk in all the light I understand…. So with a constant heart to see into the commandments the deeper, that I might walk in the light of righteousness the more, do I look to Him…

Faith and faith in God alone is the requirement, a constant looking off to Him in all things… For I have died and my life is hid with Christ in God.. That I might by experience experience this truth the deeper..

Amen brother!

Moment by moment . . . trusting that we are reconciled in Christ.

Romans 5:1-2 LITV
1) Then being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2) through whom also we have had access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we glory on the hope of the glory of God.

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The grace of God unto salvation has appeared to all men . . . training us to live godly lives. Whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.

It all starts with God revealing Himself to us, then as we cooperate, we see Him more, by seeing Him in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Much love!

Reactions: Mantis and Not me

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The grace of God unto salvation has appeared to all men . . . training us to live godly lives. Whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.

It all starts with God revealing Himself to us, then as we cooperate, we see Him more, by seeing Him in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Much love!
@marks Reminds me of Charles Wesley's hymn:

"Changed from glory into glory,
till in heav’n we take our place,
till we cast our crowns before thee,
lost in wonder, love and praise."

Reactions: marks

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother!

Moment by moment . . . trusting that we are reconciled in Christ.

Romans 5:1-2 LITV
1) Then being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2) through whom also we have had access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we glory on the hope of the glory of God.

Much love!

Wisdom is justified by its fruit..

Thanks for sharing the wisdom of righteousness God has grown in you, a pleasure to feast upon…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Reactions: farouk

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

Galatians 2:20

For I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live be the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ive now memorized the verse.

It's a wonderful truth.

Reactions: marks and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

Galatians 2:20

For I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live be the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ive now memorized the verse.

It's a wonderful truth.

The blessings you will receive in the experiencing of that truth, it itself, being the all of our salvation…

Be so blessed in that truth…

A fellow reckon-er, Not me

Reactions: Wynona