Angry God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want today's message to be a little more light hearted in our understanding, enjoy.

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. - Galatians 5:1-4.

Another part to understanding Christ freedom and happiness in you is; have you ever felt like when you fail that God is mad at you specifically, have you ever had that feeling. Now with Christ in you he does not loose it when you do. Have you ever had someone tell you how upset God may be with all your short coming. The father usally does not have to rebuke a child there are plenty of others around you that handle that. The believer police that keep you walking according to their law, and they make sure the rest of the world knows as well. Like their long tongue is some kind of super spiritual sword of the spirit to bring correction to all that don't follow their understanding. If you go by what others tell you or try to please others you will have a full time job.

There are deep things in God that you have to come to on your own. Paul would say to a busy body "do I please men or do I please God." Galatians 1. The reason for talking about Christ's freedom and happiness is it will be the hardest thing you will put on. You may understand Christ righteousness or Christ love and it just ooze's out of you. A word on that; have you met those that seem more settled in their expression in life than you-those that keep a cool head no matter what goes on around them. Their soft spoken and seemed relaxed in every issue of life, don't you wish you could be like them. I know I do but that comes from their creation, the way they are created. I don't handle life like that I have my quirks and quims about life and sometimes it flies out of my mouth before I know it, even if I feel it coming it still comes out. But that is me, do I try, yep, do I fail, yep. You have to realize that no two people are alike and you will have things in your life that will need special attention. But the Christ in you will never lose his freedom and happiness because you can't live it sometimes. That is a low level of grace to fail and remain who you are, the greater understanding of grace is the moment you believed God birthed you by placing Christ in a believing sinner, that takes the full bucket of grace. What could go wrong there, plenty as you are finding out.

I will always suggest to a believing sinner to stay out of the Old Testament until they get certain things fixed in them. I started with the Old Testament, for some odd reason the New just didn't have the appeal. There is good understanding in the Old Testament but it should be those that have a feel for what God is doing today and not back then. Two completely different ways of handling his creation, so get it fixed in you what our father has done in Christ and what he is doing in Christ today. Then you can just have yourself a little feast in the Old Testament with understanding. If you go there for your initial understanding you will come out with "the Old Testament angry God mentality," and that is not a pretty life to live you will always live under condemnation. All you will see is you as a failure and not pleasing to God. Happy trails dear friend, bless you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy