The inward signs of a true believer in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Rita,

It seems kind of useless to tell God who lives in you about the sin you already deal with… it’s not like one doesn’t struggle period ever, or that he doesn’t know. Just as Jesus was tempted we are tempted to take and try to do things our own way instead of by the Spirit.
I don’t deal with any sin,Mathew,it’s been nailed to the cross my sin is on Jesus, plus I have been Born Again of imperishable seed, a Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed..only the witness of the Spirit can speak that into your heart/ spirit.

I believe the “ Living “ word of God...which I’ve posted.

Reactions: Behold

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not quite sure where you are going with this...
How do you know there is no fruit being generated? Does this fruit have to be quickly matured to show yourself or to others? Then for what purpose? It does take time..in being joyful, loving, patient, and that a harder one for me at times, etc...

We all know them by their fruit is especially true of and with other brothers and sisters in Christ. The world sometimes does not care, as their spirit is places for other pressing selfish needs instead of God's will.

Is being patience in this spiritual growth bothering you today?
After years and years of being Born Again, then yes it would bother me...Jesus fruit takes time to understand and mature in us....anyway Gods in control....just asking your thoughts that was all.....xx

Plus the word of God says..” you will know them by their fruit “...what’s he’s saying here then?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person comes to God by Faith in Christ... God gives them "Christ's righteousness" as "the imputed righteousness of Christ'.

This is the "Divine Exchange", where by Jesus takes your sin, as "God hath made Jesus to BE .Sin....for us".

In other words, Jesus becomes our sin, as If He is the sinner.....= "God hath laid on Jesus the SIN (iniquity) .. of us ALL"..

Isaiah 53:6

That is John 3:16..... and 2 Corinthians 5:19... and Romans 3:17.

And what do we become now that Jesus has become our sin bearer?

We, the Born again become .."Made Righteous".... "made free from sin".. having Become..."THE Righteousness of God, in Christ"

How do we get that?

= "imputed righteousness" as "THE GIFT of Righteousness".

So, that is how we start as CHRISTians.......... and only 2 seconds earlier we were SINNERS, unforgiven..

Now, we are "made righteous", "Saints".

There is our Salvation...

But now, the next day starts and there you are born again, made righteous, and yet you have wrong thought patterns and you have habits and behavior issues, that are of the MIND.......not the Spirit.. as the Spirit is born again, but your MIND is not.

So, the process of Discipleship, the literal important part, is not trying to be some fake imitation of Christ.......but its to understand fully, who you have become, as a "new Creation IN Christ"....as learning what this is all about, is how you "work out your Salvation".

See reader, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.... YOU ALREADY HAVE SALVATION....... AND NOW you are to learn how to exist in it., correctly.... = by gaining all the revelation knowledge that is available to you, so that you get your mind in line with God's perspective of you.

Baby Christians, do not have this yet., and they can be 50 yrs saved.
Mature BELIEVERS, do have the REVELATION.... and the mature believer, is this one...Paul teaches....>"as many as be PERFECT">.

And that means that you have attained to God's perspective regarding what it means to be a "new Creation in Christ".

If you dont have it.....you'll be talking about sin a lot.. You'll be trying to confess sin... You'll believe you can lose your salvation... You'll talk about Law and commandments a lot,.. You will believe that water washed away your sin.... and you will have no understanding of the Cross of Christ.
Even though you really did not bring up my question directly here, then you agree, Baptism is the spiritual interchange of our agreement in faith of God's given gift that we are dead to sin because of the shed blood of Christ that became our scapegoat for sin, and then in faith we also are raised with Christ to new life. And in so doing we are miraculously baptized and born of the spirt, or into the Spirit of Christ by God's own extended Spirit who then seals us both as one. And then I agree Behold.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Look you tell me if it is required. I've told you what I wrote now figure it out for yourself, as you continue to throw yourself in-between nearly every conversion on this site that does not sit right with you.

You need to make your points clear if someone asks you what you meant.

Isnt that true?

So, do not now try to shift blame upon a member for the fact that you posted a Thread, and now you dont want to explain it . @APAK

My question is simple....

So... again....... = You posted "baptized", and your context was, to receive the Spirit...

So, CATHOLICS teach that water baptism is when and how you are born again, and receive the Spirit.

So, is that what you mean by "Baptism"?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Even though you really did not bring up my question directly here, then you agree, Baptism is the spiritual interchange

Actually i asked you 3x to explain it, and you have declined .

So, do you need me to explain "Baptism" vs "Baptism" ... for you?

I can do it, but i was hoping that you would stand up and do it for yourself @APAK , as you wrote the Thread.

Let me know.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t deal with any sin,Mathew,it’s been nailed to the cross my sin is on Jesus, plus I have been Born Again of imperishable seed, a Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed..only the witness of the Spirit can speak that into your heart/ spirit.

I believe the “ Living “ word of God...which I’ve posted.

It seems to already be on the know business when we do someone wrong, when the spirit tugs the heart. That is all I am saying.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After years and years of being Born Again, then yes it would bother me...Jesus fruit takes time to understand and mature in us....anyway Gods in control....just asking your thoughts that was all.....xx

Plus the word of God says..” you will know them by their fruit “...what’s he’s saying here then?
(Mat 7:15) Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
(Mat 7:16) By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?

These false prophets and teachers usually arrive with an urgent message like as a dire waring from God, to gather the weak to themselves. It is a selling pitch of a message that has been purposely manipulated to deceive, imo

These impersonators of the truth know their trade well and even your interest, the scripture, the basis for belief.

They can play with and act like they are displaying the fruits of the spirit that only a genuine believer can actually produce. Over time their colors show brightly, and viewed as impersonators of the spirit. They use the words of scripture to entice and make many of their eager audience their disciples. They say they love everyone although in reading their words and actions, it says otherwise. They are vicious wolves in sheep's clothing for sure.

Test the spirit of a person to see if they are reborn and truly produce genuine fruit fit for their salvation. It can be tricky and that is why one has to gain spiritual knowledge and be in the company of mature believers.

These imposters only produce thorns and thistles, not real fruit of the spirit, fit for burning in a fire heap like on Guy Fawkes Day.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
(Mat 7:15) Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Satan comes as an angel of LIGHT.

That means, he is a philosopher, a knowledge bringer.......but his Knowledge is DARK Light. Luke 11:35

His Ministers, teach Righteousness, but its not according to TRUTH.. Its according to self effort (self righteousness)... and false understanding that pretends to be truth.

The way you find these people, is you notice...

1.) why is it that if you look at all their THREADS that talk about Salvation, or the walk of Faith, or justification, , they never ever talk about
"The Cross of Christ".

Now, they usually will, once i point that out to them...

So, thats clue #1.

2.) Another way to discern these who are owned by the devil, is....... do they teach salvation as.. One Part Jesus and one part Self effort? As once they do that, they just DENIED THE CROSS.

Another way you SPOT these "dark lights" is...

4.) do they consistently talk about sin and confessing it? And do they teach about Law and Commandments, in place of God's Salvation, or AS God's Salvation. ?

5).. Another way to spot them, is... do they believe that "water washes away your sin"...?

6/) Another way to spot them, is.. .do they believe that you can LOSE your Salvation.... and that one, might be born again, as many of these deceived are born again, but their faith is broken, and that is why they don't BELIEVE that Jesus keeps them saved.

Thats just a few examples regarding how to spot a HERETIC.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady now to the sins that cause death and those that do not....and of those who are brought back to their old self as they shake off the experience of trying out the Christ for a spell.

First then, I do not see a spirit-filled Christian casting out demons and going back into lawlessness any where in scripture. And the scripture of Matthew 7:19-23 does not address this at all. Unless there is a missing link that points to the unfruitful tree or branch.

The sin that causes death is not spoken about in any depth or detail in scripture.

My take on it..

(1Jn 5:13) I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.
(1Jn 5:14) And this is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
(1Jn 5:15) And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we obtain the requests we have asked of him.
(1Jn 5:16) If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask and God will give him life for them that sin not to death. There is a sin unto death. Not concerning this do I say that he should make requests.
(1Jn 5:17) All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not unto death.
(1Jn 5:18) We know that whoever is begotten of God does not keep on in sin; but he that was begotten of God keeps himself, and the evil one touches him not.
(1Jn 5:19) We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
(1Jn 5:20) And we know that the Son of God came, and has given us an understanding so that we truly know him that is true; and we are in him that is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
(1Jn 5:21) Little children, guard yourselves from idols.

So the context and audience of this subject are to believers in the Son of God who are being saved to eternal life.
It is encourages to pray for anything that God approves of and he will hear us.
Then suddenly, John plunges into sins that do not cause or does not lead to death. To pray for these (I would think even for unbelievers) that commit this type of sin and God will either sway them to the gospel or reinstate them back to life of being saved. I wonder what happens if they do not see this sin in a brother who is a believer? Of course the Spirit will convict him or her of this sin regardless....
And then he says there is a sin that leads to death. And he suggests no one pray for someone with this type of deadly sin.

Up to this point, I would now think that the use of the term 'brother' is much broader in meaning as in a seeker or even an unbeliever, that God only has to deal with and no one else. And this person who may have committed a sin that leads to death was not being saved either.

Adding to relevance to my point here, in verse 18, John reinforces the fact that (only..my input) whoever is born of God does not keep sinning,, and I would think he means those that do not lead to death as well, let alone those that cause spiritual death.

And in verse 19, John links a sinner of sin that causes death to the evil one influencing them in life. This is not usually the case with a true believer.

And so at this point I conclude that the sins that cause death are of an unbeliever only, influenced by evil and its power. So I would think these sin conspire against a believer, Christ and God directly, and they are not sins like committing habitual murder or whoredom etc., without any control.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true believer is one who hears and firmly believes in heart, the gospel of salvation for the Kingdom of God.

They are forgiven of sin by true repentance and faith given of the grace of God, in the Son of God, as their redeemer and savior.

And, then given the Spirit of the Son of God and thus sealed with common access to and by the Father God of truth having been baptized and living in the Son of God today; to then be considered justified so to be declared one of the righteous ones of God and being filled with its fruits to the glory of God.

And, then to walk in truth and holiness in the Son of God as a new spirit creature, as one person carrying the same cross of redemption, in the progressive pursuit of becoming the true image of mind and heart, of the Son of God in glory – as the Son is the perfect image of his Father.

This process in life is working out our own salvation in humility and love, of deep reverence to God, to become perfected in God.

(reference my own interpreted scripture below)
-----------------------------------
Matt 16:24/ Luke 9:23/ Romans 6:11 – in me you will deny or yield yourself of own will and become dead to sin, and carry your cross as me

John 16:13-15 – The Spirit of truth guides a believer into all truth and knowledge of the Son of God for his glory given by God

Romans 8:9 – If the Spirit of God is in you, then you are a believer, a member of the Body of Christ

1 Cor 1:13 – we are baptized into one spirit/body of Christ and lives in it as one

2 Cor 5:17 – Those living in Christ’s spirit today are a new creatures, a new spirit has been born to grow into, as another Christ

Gal 2:20 – Been crucified in Christ and thus resurrected, baptized into Christ and living in me as being him and not our former self

Eph 1:13-14 – believers in the gospel of truth are sealed with the Spirit of God

Phil 1:6 – The Father God began working in us (righteousness and holiness) to keep on perfecting us (into the image of his Son) until the day of his Son’s arrival

Phil 1:11 – Being filled with the fruits of righteousness in the Son of God to the glory of his Father God

Phil 2:12-13 – we work out our own salvation in deep reverence of body and soul, as it is the work of God in you

Col 3:3-4 – We died in Christ as our life hid in him, and thus in our Father God, and our life will be revealed in Christ, in glory, with him

1 Peter 1: 15-16 - The one called (drew) you to himself, God, who is holy; therefore you shall be holy

1 John 2:29 – a believer is one who is of God of his own righteousness

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, conversely. an unbeliever of God can non-exhaustively be defined as one who is of age, mature to think independently, to be of sound mind, capable to understand and know and make a choice under no coercion, by heart and mind, to then deliberately not believe in God once given the opportunity to hear or read his word of the gospel of truth, salvation for and into his kingdom, whether presented in its primitive form of the OT, or in its final mature state of the NT, or in another form that God identifies with, as his truth for salvation.

Please feel free to add your comments that may improve and clarify this central key Christian topic further, also crucial for any person of God who is either still seeking him out or has already found him in their life.

It’s meant to further and share knowledge as a learning Bible study experience for everyone.

Blessing to all...
Good morning APAK, Great post my Brother.

Love, Walter And Debbie

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning APAK, Great post my Brother.

Love, Walter And Debbie
And same to you Brother. I thought that a Bible study might be in order for me, and for others, to learn a bit more on why I'm a believer and why others are and serious about this subject. I get the impression that many folks speak too casually about their walk as Christians and maybe they might have forgotten a view things about themselves....

Great weekend Walter, + Debbie

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And same to you Brother. I thought that a Bible study might be in order for me, and for others, to learn a bit more on why I'm a believer and why others are and serious about this subject. I get the impression that many folks speak too casually about their walk as Christians and maybe they might have forgotten a view things about themselves....

Great weekend Walter, + Debbie
Thank you Brother.

Love, Walter And Debbie

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First then, I do not see a spirit-filled Christian casting out demons and going back into lawlessness any where in scripture. And the scripture of Matthew 7:19-23 does not address this at all. Unless there is a missing link that points to the unfruitful tree or branch.
I'm not done reading your post, but I can at least so far respond to this.

John 15:2 Every branch IN Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not done reading your post, but I can at least so far respond to this.

John 15:2 Every branch IN Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes
So how do you fix this apparent dilemma? Does not one produce fruit whilst in Christ?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady
(Joh 15:2) Every branch in me that carries no fruit, he prunes away; and every branch that carries fruit, he cleanses it, that it may bear more fruit.
(Joh 15:3) Already you are clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

I believe the verse says that those in Christ who carry no fruit are pruned away. That they are pruned to activate future growth..

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you fix this apparent dilemma? Does not one produce fruit whilst in Christ?
Not if you quit ABIDING IN JESUS, and 1 John 3:24 shows us what is necessary, and 1 John 3:21 shows how easy it is to remain in Christ. Follow your conscience where the laws of God are written. John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

Another thing, don't stop reading your Bible. It doesn't matter how many times you read it, the Spirit will show you something new to shed light on a question you've had for a long time. The excitement from that grows your love for God to a new level each time, so don't stop reading it. This month I read a verse I swear I've never read before, and yet I already underlined it! That's because it became a rhema this time. The Spirit opened my mind.

Funny thing is I read a prophecy given me at Church On The Way, my old church in California headed by Dr. Jack Hayford, and I read this line "that your eyes would be opened by the Spirit of God." That was back in 2001, but only this year when I heard that 3 women in the little country church I started going to were "seers." I said, "what are you talking about?" They said that three women could see a bright white see-through halo around our pastor's whole body as he was preaching. So just before we were gathering for church I sat with one of those ladies and silently prayed "LORD, YOU'VE GIVEN ME ALL BUT TWO OF THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT, SO IF THIS WONDER OF THEIRS IS FROM YOU ONLY, PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME." Sure enough, only when he was preaching did I start to see it and looked at her and nodded my head that I could see it too. But only last week did I happen to read that prophecy I had in my Bible and gasped. I had forgotten that line was even in that prophecy!"

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady
(Joh 15:2) Every branch in me that carries no fruit, he prunes away; and every branch that carries fruit, he cleanses it, that it may bear more fruit.
(Joh 15:3) Already you are clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

I believe the verse says that those in Christ who carry no fruit are pruned away. That they are pruned to activate future growth..
Read it again. 1 John 3 has to do with the sins unto death and righteousness. What is necessary again in the last verse is abiding in Jesus.

John 15:1-4 is about sins not unto death that leads to perfection and holiness. And that we are already cleansed from sins unto death. This is where if you DO produce fruit, He does the pruning. It is branches with no fruit at all he cuts off and burns.

And again, to abide in Jesus we obey our conscience, and read His word.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if you quit ABIDING IN JESUS, and 1 John 3:24 shows us what is necessary, and 1 John 3:21 shows how easy it is to remain in Christ. Follow your conscience where the laws of God are written. John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

Another thing, don't stop reading your Bible. It doesn't matter how many times you read it, the Spirit will show you something new to shed light on a question you've had for a long time. The excitement from that grows your love for God to a new level each time, so don't stop reading it. This month I read a verse I swear I've never read before, and yet I already underlined it! That's because it became a rhema this time. The Spirit opened my mind.

Funny thing is I read a prophecy given me at Church On The Way, my old church in California headed by Dr. Jack Hayford, and I read this line "that your eyes would be opened by the Spirit of God." That was back in 2001, but only this year when I heard that 3 women in the little country church I started going to were "seers." I said, "what are you talking about?" They said that three women could see a bright white see-through halo around our pastor's whole body as he was preaching. So just before we were gathering for church I sat with one of those ladies and silently prayed "LORD, YOU'VE GIVEN ME ALL BUT TWO OF THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT, SO IF THIS WONDER OF THEIRS IS FROM YOU ONLY, PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME." Sure enough, only when he was preaching did I start to see it and looked at her and nodded my head that I could see it two. But only last week did I happen to read that prophecy I had in my Bible and gasped. I had forgotten that line was even in that prophecy!"
That's a very unique personal experience. I bet you are still amazed by it. God does answer prayer if we are willing and so is he in granting it for us. I have been praying for my wife's health to improve these last 6 years. She has severe arthritis in the joints. And just as of a few weeks ago her condition has improved by about 40 percent. I always keep thanking God for it, indeed.

Thanks for sharing