Another Premillennial absurdity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wimp? I bet if someone had the manliness to shout Amen In your service every head would turn! Probably run the poor man out of the church!
So shouting Amen is your test of orthodoxy?

Should we shout Amen to apostasy?

Do the cults shout Amen?

If I don't shout Amen, will I go to hell?

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So shouting Amen is your test of orthodoxy?

Should we shout Amen to apostasy?

Do the cults shout Amen?

If I don't shout Amen, will I go to hell?
A video including heart felt worship would be useful so that we would know that these theories are actually from the Holy Ghost and not something cooked up in the fleshly mind…

Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 1 Timothy 3:6-7

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. - James 3

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. - Colossians 2:18

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is good for the soul and is called by Christ Jesus the comforter. It is the Holy Spirit's business to prepare Christ a purified pride...

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:3
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard... - Colossians 1:23
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:8

What is the hope of the Gospel but in the appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ?

I think the Pharisee type, or even worse the Sadducee type (noting sad-you-see) as thinking they hold the truth but inside are ravening wolves seeking who they can condemn and devour with material they think, because they have been decades in the making, must be true.
What does the sensation of the Holy Spirit feel like?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the sensation of the Holy Spirit feel like?
One Summer as a teenager I spent a Summer here in Virginia with my grandmother. The people would work hard Mo-Fr, go to town on Saturday, and to church on Sunday. There was a joy unspeakable in the farmers I would put up hay with. I then started going to their church. This was a Pentecostal Holiness church. The people would run the altars, shout, speak in tongues, interpret, fall out in the Spirit, and the services were very lively. The old guys would sit back in the pews and weep. And if they looked back to find me looking at them with an amazed look they would cry out... "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" With tears streaming down their cheeks pointing to the souls laid about the altar.

One evening after a summer of that I laid back in my bed to read Nikki Cruz's 'Run Baby Run.' The door was open, the kady-dids were singing, fireflies coming up the mountain, the air fresh, my grandmothers sheets clean, just a peaceful scene. In the midst of that I heard a voice say... Put the book down. I continued to read and the voice said again... Put the book down! I put the book down and the voice said a third time... Where is all that hatred, stress, and strife? I examined my heart to find nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself... Oh my! I got exactly what those people got! And would go to church and shout with them.

And in the words of George Clark Rankin (story here - The Life of George Clark Rankin)....

As we returned home the sun shone brighter, the birds sang sweeter and the autumn-time looked richer than ever before. My heart was light and my spirit buoyant. I had anchored my soul in the haven of rest, and there was not a ripple upon the current of my joy. That night there was no service and after supper I walked out under the great old pine trees and held communion with God. I thought of mother, and home, and Heaven.

"During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life." - George Clark Rankin

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I lay in my bed I could perceive the blessings of God as it were a great ocean in which I had experienced a mere trickle. I immediately sensed that the keys to all good blessings came from God. As I sat there in my bed experiencing spiritual ecstasy I thought oh my! If I were to stay and fall in with these people I could imagine Gabriel’s trumpet sounding and we all rising into that great place of wonder to forever be with the Lord in great delight.

The video below is one of the last of that type service. All of the old saints have gone off to glory and I rarely go there as the new generation has brought in something else. The newer generation pastors continue in getting advanced degrees from respectable universities but the old spirituality is missing.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like if I were to go into a post tribbers church it would be the equivalent to entering a freezer. Cold as ice! The first church of Frigidaire! No life! No friends! No deliverance! No Holy Ghost! And would probably end up beat up before going out the door!

You are so prejudiced again the truth. No wonder you refuse to embrace it.

Reactions: rockytopva

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4

So where is your 7-years trib and 3rd coming here?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where have I ever mentioned a 7-years trib and 3rd coming here?

Oh, so you have been around all this teaching so long and you do not know that Pretrib teach a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by a third coming of the Lord? You must not be listening too good.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so you have been around all this teaching so long and you do not know that Pretrib teach a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by a third coming of the Lord? You must not be listening too good.
The denomination that most closely represents my beliefs is the Church of God of Cleveland Tennessee. And here is what we believe...

Nothing here on time tables or a third coming!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The denomination that most closely represents my beliefs is the Church of God of Cleveland Tennessee. And here is what we believe...

Nothing here on time tables or a third coming!

What they teach is vague from that. Do you believe in a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by another coming of the Lord?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What they teach is vague from that. Do you believe in a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by another coming of the Lord?
Yes indeed! It is vague! Therefore...

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed! It is vague! Therefore...

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24

Please stop avoiding: Do you believe in a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by another coming of the Lord?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A video including heart felt worship would be useful so that we would know that these theories are actually from the Holy Ghost and not something cooked up in the fleshly mind…
Theories indeed. Nowhere in the NT is there any command or admonition or even suggestion that we are to "shout Amen".

Those who do are no holier than those who do not.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theories indeed. Nowhere in the NT is there any command or admonition or even suggestion that we are to "shout Amen".

Those who do are no holier than those who do not.
When you get something from the Lord you not going to sit up looking like totem poles!

46 And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
47 Because thou servedst not the Lord thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things; - Deuteronomy 28

9 And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the Lord your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength. - Nehemiah 8