Another Premillennial absurdity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the main problems Premillennialism has is that it has a glorified Jesus bringing back all the redeemed of all the ages that have enjoyed perfect communion with Christ in His majestic heavenly presence since the time He defeated sin and death 2000 years ago, giving them new eternal incorruptible bodies at His second coming, along with the living in Christ, rewarding them with eternal bliss, and then bringing them back to a corruptible millennial earth filled with degenerates, death, decay and depravity, just like our present day. It is just another re-run of our current evil age.

Premillennialism has saints that have been delivered from a sinful world thousands of years ago being forced to come back to watch the folly of the rebuilding of a new temple, the debacle of futile animal sacrifices, the restoration of the old covenant priesthood, continued sin, death and decay. Finally, the saints will have to engage in literal physical spiritual warfare in their glorified bodies with Satan and his global mortal army – Gog and Magog. They will be confronted with the awful sight of Satan being released from his prison to mobilize a global assault upon Jesus and the glorified saints in earthly Jerusalem. This army will consist of all the millennial mortals that have feigned worship to the Lord Jesus Christ for a thousand years turning in their billions at the drop of a hat from following Jesus to following Satan as the sand of the sea.

This whole portrayal is ridiculous and nonsensical, and will never happen.

Last edited:

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of the main problems Premillennialism has is that it has a glorified Jesus bringing back all the redeemed of all the ages that have enjoyed perfect communion with Christ in His majestic heavenly presence since the time He defeated sin and death 2000 years ago, giving them new eternal incorruptible bodies at His second coming, along with the living in Christ, rewarding them with eternal bliss, and then bring them back to a corruptible millennial earth filled with degenerates, death, decay and depravity, just like our present day. It is just another re-run of our current evil age

Premillennialism has saints that have been delivered from a sinful world thousands of years ago being forced to come back to watch the folly of the rebuilding of a new temple, the debacle of futile animal sacrifices, the restoration of the old covenant priesthood, continued, sin, death and decay. Finally, the saints will have to engage in literal physical spiritual warfare in their glorified bodies with Satan and his global mortal army – Gog and Magog. They will be confronted with the awful sight of Satan being released from his prison to mobilize a global assault upon Jesus and the glorified saints in earthly Jerusalem. This army will consist of all the millennial mortals that have feigned worship to the Lord Jesus Christ for a thousand years turning in their billions at the drop of a hat from following Jesus to following Satan as the sand of the sea.

Hi WPM,

I certainly agree that it would be ridiculous for glorified saints to come back to this earth. God`s word never says that. I do believe in the millennium for Israel to rule the nations under Christ, (in glory) as God planned for them to do.

Marilyn.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the main problems Premillennialism has is that it has a glorified Jesus bringing back all the redeemed of all the ages that have enjoyed perfect communion with Christ in His majestic heavenly presence since the time He defeated sin and death 2000 years ago, giving them new eternal incorruptible bodies at His second coming, along with the living in Christ, rewarding them with eternal bliss, and then bring them back to a corruptible millennial earth filled with degenerates, death, decay and depravity, just like our present day. It is just another re-run of our current evil age

Premillennialism has saints that have been delivered from a sinful world thousands of years ago being forced to come back to watch the folly of the rebuilding of a new temple, the debacle of futile animal sacrifices, the restoration of the old covenant priesthood, continued, sin, death and decay. Finally, the saints will have to engage in literal physical spiritual warfare in their glorified bodies with Satan and his global mortal army – Gog and Magog. They will be confronted with the awful sight of Satan being released from his prison to mobilize a global assault upon Jesus and the glorified saints in earthly Jerusalem. This army will consist of all the millennial mortals that have feigned worship to the Lord Jesus Christ for a thousand years turning in their billions at the drop of a hat from following Jesus to following Satan as the sand of the sea.

What's nonsensical is that this doesn't depict Premill at all. It may be the beliefs of many individual Premills all mixed together to make an incoherent picture of what Premills in general do *not* believe! ;)

I do not need to prove this. It goes without saying. It's telling that there is no quote to substantiate what you think "Premills believe." ;)

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

I don't know what you mean by coming back. The New Heavens and New Earth sees New Jerusalem descending from God out of heaven.

Your post implies that the resurrected saints will be dwelling in heaven only. So what's the point of the new earth part of the new heavens and new earth then?

Just wondering about your eschatological understanding ..

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's nonsensical is that this doesn't depict Premill at all. It may be the beliefs of many individual Premills all mixed together to make an incoherent picture of what Premills in general do *not* believe! ;)

I do not need to prove this. It goes without saying. It's telling that there is no quote to substantiate what you think "Premills believe." ;)

Are the glorified saints returning to your millennial earth?
Will there be countless mortal sinners on your millennial earth?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you mean by coming back. The New Heavens and New Earth sees New Jerusalem descending from God out of heaven.

Your post implies that the resurrected saints will be dwelling in heaven only. So what's the point of the new earth part of the new heavens and new earth then?

Just wondering about your eschatological understanding ..

I am presenting the standard modern Premil view. If you read my post carefully you would note that the resurrected saints are dwelling on the millennial earth in my portrayal. That was my central point.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi WPM,

I certainly agree that it would be ridiculous for glorified saints to come back to this earth. God`s word never says that. I do believe in the millennium for Israel to rule the nations under Christ, (in glory) as God planned for them to do.

Marilyn.

Thanks for your response. Your view is definitely not the classic Premillennialist view obviously.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very foolish for little men to think they know what is better than God!!!

Reactions: David in NJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then bring them back to a corruptible millennial earth filled with degenerates, death, decay and depravity, just like our present day. It is just another re-run of our current evil age
Where do you get your ideas of what pre-millennial's think? You must have very different sources from any I've every heard. What are they?

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your opinion, and I get that. What I don't get is your insistence on characterizing the views of Premills as if that is what they actually believe. You may characterize what you think of their beliefs, but that isn't the same thing.

My point was that *they do not teach* a "goat-infested Millennial world." The fact you won't acknowledge that and differentiate what they actually believe from your own views of what they believe is telling. You are manipulating people to view their views the way you do, instead of letting them speak for themselves.

Again, you may feel that mortal humanity in the Millennium constitutes a "goat-infested world," but that is not what Premills themselves believe and teach! You fail to acknowledge that, and that weakens all of your arguments. It's a failure to produce an honest picture of what Premills really do believe.

Having mortal humans with a Sin Nature is not the same as a world filled with sinful, rebellious AntiChristian goats. In the Millennial world I believe there will be sin. But there's a big difference between not being regenerated and living a life opposing and committing violence against Christianity.

Also, there's a huge difference between a thousand years of the rule of Christianity and a brief return of Satan, gathering a horde to oppose Christ, and then seeing it vanish like a mist. The rebellion of Satan at the end of the thousand years does *not* characterize the entire thousand year period as "goat-infested" and "rebellious against Christ!"

Again, this is how you wish to characterize Premill beliefs--not what Premills actually teach and believe. You are deliberately misleading people by failing to bring balance to your claims.

What do you mean "gathering a horde to oppose Christ"? Satan mobilizes billions to turn on Christ after this so-called thousand years glorious righteous reign of Jesus and the glorified saint in your mistaken theory.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get your ideas of what pre-millennial's think? You must have very different sources from any I've every heard. What are they?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you want to answer my question? Your description of pre-mil thinking does not represent what I understand of pre-mil thinking, so I'm asking you where you get your information on what pre-mil's think?

Are there books you've read? Is this based on some conglomeration of posts you've read over the years, mixed with your own incredulity, and given an twist of the absurd, so you can call it absurd? In other words, a straw man? That's what it looks like. But instead of making that assumption, I thought I'd ask you where you get your ideas.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you want to answer my question? Your description of pre-mil thinking does not represent what I understand of pre-mil thinking, so I'm asking you where you get your information on what pre-mil's think?

Are there books you've read? Is this based on some conglomeration of posts you've read over the years, mixed with your own incredulity, and given an twist of the absurd, so you can call it absurd? In other words, a straw man? That's what it looks like. But instead of making that assumption, I thought I'd ask you where you get your ideas.

Much love!

I knew you would avoid. You either admit the reality of your beliefs or lie.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is like your other thread, just like it. You've made up what "we" believe to argue against it. What makes you so angry and bitter?

Not a question you need answer me. But you do need to answer yourself.

As so many do, you accuse others of what you yourself are doing. You have your agenda, have fun!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is like your other thread, just like it. You've made up what "we" believe to argue against it. What makes you so angry and bitter?

Not a question you need answer me. But you do need to answer yourself.

As so many do, you accuse others of what you yourself are doing. You have your agenda, have fun!

Much love!

Why does challenging your beliefs constitute being "angry and bitter"? That is ridiculous! That is religious pride! I think the truth is obviously hurting you. The fact you will not answer some simple questions that prove my point is damning to your reasoning. I will take your discomfort, avoidance and criticism as a compliment to the authenticity of, and potency of, the Op.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean "gathering a horde to oppose Christ"? Satan mobilizes billions to turn on Christ after this so-called thousand years glorious righteous reign of Jesus and the glorified saint in your mistaken theory.
Rev 20.7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.

I don't know what the number will be, but we are told that it will be large. But that isn't the point I was trying to make. Satan will gather this horde *only at the end of the thousand year period,* after the Millennial Era has lapsed! It does *not* characterize the Millennial Era itself, which Premills describe as an era of relative peace and Christian prosperity, the fulfillment of promises God made to Abraham concerning Israel and concerning many nations of faith.

Reactions: Nancy and Keraz

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what the number will be, but we are told that it will be large. But that isn't the point I was trying to make. Satan will gather this horde *only at the end of the thousand year period,* after the Millennial Era has lapsed! It does *not* characterize the Millennial Era itself, which Premills describe as an era of relative peace and Christian prosperity, the fulfillment of promises God made to Abraham concerning Israel and concerning many nations of faith.

What a complete and utter turn-around!!! What a bust! What a failure! From these religious charlatans feigning submission to Christ and the glorified saints for 1000 years to them instantly and wholesale embracing Satan and his wickedness in their billions as the sand of the sea at his simple appearance. Your whole portrayal is ridiculous! Thankfully, it is never going to happen.