Another simple disproof of Amil: No more sea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consistency!

Lack of knowledge actually.

Numbers in Greek are literal. "hour" is not a number and while it can at times mean an hour as we understand one, it can also mean an unknown amount of time. In Rev it means "a period of time" and by studying Rev it becomes clear the hour/period of time the kings are kings with the beast is the 42 month period the beast has.

Your poor attempt to show an inconsistency in Premill failed and only revealed your own lack of knowledge about the Greek word.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all dandy then, isn't it? You don't do literal. I don't do spiritual. Everyone has Revelation all sorted, and its certainly not backwards, forwards or happening at the same time.
No, I would be consistent and claim 1 hour is 60 minutes, and 1,000 years is 518,400,000 minutes.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lack of knowledge actually.

Numbers in Greek are literal. "hour" is not a number and while it can at times mean an hour as we understand one, it can also mean an unknown amount of time. In Rev it means "a period of time" and by studying Rev it becomes clear the hour/period of time the kings are kings with the beast is the 42 month period the beast has.

Your poor attempt to show an inconsistency in Premill failed and only revealed your own lack of knowledge about the Greek word.
Friend...I fully admit I'm not trained in Greek. However, as I showed before, one can, and should, take into consideration how the NT has used the phrase before.
When scripture consistently uses the phrase as 'eleventh hour', 'sixth hour' or ONE 'hour'...giving you the amount of time you need to assign to the 'unknown' period...then may I suggest you are pushing and pulling scripture to fit your own agenda.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I would be consistent and claim 1 hour is 60 minutes, and 1,000 years is 518,400,000 minutes.
Mmm. And yet...the explanation of how 1 hour (60 minutes) can truly mean that in any sense of...well...sense...is yet forthcoming.
But I'm sure it's because it means the kings loose. Even though it says they're given power and authority for that time. So, to read one thing straight up, you have to up-end another. Makes no sense to me, sorry.
Look...I'm really done with conversation. We'll not agree over it, and we're not making any headway. So, I think it's time we just put it down and back away slowly.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend...I fully admit I'm not trained in Greek. However, as I showed before, one can, and should, take into consideration how the NT has used the phrase before.
When scripture consistently uses the phrase as 'eleventh hour', 'sixth hour' or ONE 'hour'...giving you the amount of time you need to assign to the 'unknown' period...then may I suggest you are pushing and pulling scripture to fit your own agenda.

But since you admit you aren't trained in Greek, I'll just ignore everything you said due to it being fully incorrect.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But since you admit you aren't trained in Greek, I'll just ignore everything you said due to it being fully incorrect.
Well...it would be tempting to be astounded and put in place by your reasoning, I confess. But, folks who claim to be educated in Greek with opposing views on such matters are a dime a dozen.
So...I rather think I find your brushing aside of a decent question and the of obvious logic behind it...to be lacking.
But, that's okay. I'm sure we'll both sleep at night.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate, or Prophesors degree in Greek, and from what school?

Reactions: rwb

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are then all of those who are not well and correctly studied in the original Greek of scripture, lost and without hope? Has God never spoken through an uneducated donkey or an illiterate human being?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are then all of those who are not well and correctly studied in the original Greek of scripture, lost and without hope?

Those should not be teaching scripture because they cannot understand it at that level. In the very least there are books and works by Greek scholars that can guide a would be teacher but they should ignore and erase their own opinions in favor of those who know the biblical languages and what they mean.

In this thread we have those who think "hour" in Rev 17 is a number that doesn't mean what it supposedly should mean and offer that as "proof" that a thousand can be far more than a thousand. It's a foolish attempt that is ignorant of the Greek words involved.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those should not be teaching scripture because they cannot understand it at that level. In the very least there are books and works by Greek scholars that can guide a would be teacher but they should ignore and erase their own opinions in favor of those who know the biblical languages and what they mean.

In this thread we have those who think "hour" in Rev 17 is a number that doesn't mean what it supposedly should mean and offer that as "proof" that a thousand can be far more than a thousand. It's a foolish attempt that is ignorant of the Greek words involved.
So, then a person needs a Greek scholar as his intermediary in addition to Jesus? May we also dispense with the interpretation of the Holy Spirit if we have a good Greek scholar teaching us? What is the Greek scholar is not a confessing believer in God and His Son?

Should we advise not to call anyone to teach who is not a serious student of Greek and Hebrew?

I am not against studying languages. I am a student of two besides English [not original Bible languages], in which I read my Bibles in addition to English. I am, however, very much in favor of depending on the lead of the Holy Spirit.

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, then a person needs a Greek scholar as his intermediary in addition to Jesus?

This is the dumbest question anyone could come up with. Do better or don't do at all.