Any help with me to able to get save back

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

maark

Nov 6, 2007
Hi guys just new here,I’m a returning Christian from 17 years when just read Heb. 6:4-6. Doesn’t look nice.I’m also major depression atm.Any help with me to able to get saves?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(maark;27151)
Hi guys just new here,I’m a returning Christian from 17 years when just read Heb. 6:4-6. Doesn’t look nice.I’m also major depression atm.Any help with me to able to get saves?
Are you ashamed of leaving your Lord to begin with, after becoming a Christian again?Jag

Nov 8, 2007
"If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."-Taken from Verse 6Repent and Die unto God again, Pray that all your desires will go away. Give and Surrender yourself to the Lord.

maark

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27153)
Are you ashamed of leaving your Lord to begin with, after becoming a Christian again?Jag
yes very shamed

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(maark)
(thesuperjag;27153)
yes very shamedIt's good to be shamed (in a good way)II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.Jag

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Pray to the Lord in Yahshua's name (Jesus) to help you get rid of your sinful desire. God will help His children. And then start your day walking with the Lord.Jag

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
MaarkAll you need to do is repentHebrews 6:6 "If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame."Do you understand what was said here? If all you teach is salvation and baptism and the entire group that you are teaching has already accepted Christ and tasted of the Word and has been saved once, then you are putting our Lord's sacrifice to shame. Then when you have some man of God get up before that group and all he teaches is salvation and baptism; that is blasphemy. If there is one person unsaved in the room then it is okay, but not when it is known that every individual has been saved, and been baptized. Why? Christ does the saving, and after one is saved, all it takes is repentance. Man will always slip in his flesh life, and he will also need repent to the Father in Jesus name after he has sinned, for we will all fall short. The freedom that we have in Christ is to be able to repent as our sins come to our attention, and not be tied to the guilt of those sins.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(maark;27151)
Welcome back!Don't worry about falling away. God has a heart for lost sheep. If you did not have salvation the first time then you can be saved. Going to church or being baptized as an infant does not cut it. You cannot lose what you never had.If you think that you were saved but drifted away then the news is even better. God throws his arms open to you and welcomes you back just as the father did to his prodigal son. The angels in Heaven will be rejoicing.Don't worry too much about the losing salvation bit, because it is almost impossible to do it. Simple sin does not cause you to lose your salvation. The Bible says that all sins can be forgiven except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. You would have to consciously do this. It is rather hard to do. Take comfort in Jesus' words:John 10: 25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."Depression comes about when we lose hope. We lose hope because we do not see our way out of the pit we are digging for ourselves. I was once depressed and suicidal. I know what the bottom looks like and it isn't pretty. It is all about choice. Acting depressed is a choice and not a good one. When bad things happen that is not a choice, but how react to it is.When I feel sorry for myself that is a decision that I have made. When I feel sad that is a decision that I have made. What brought the sadness on may not have been of my making, though.Usually due to our circumstances we do not see this as a decision. We find ourselves being manipulated into this feeling, by the lousy way we feel. We may even feel justified in feeling this way.We hear two voices, one from God and one from Satan. God wants to draw us into a situation of depending on him and Satan pushes us into depending on ourselves or others. He wants to drive a wedge between us and God. You can identify the source by how it makes you feel. God wants to take our burdens and take off the weight. Satan wants us to take it on ourselves. His tone is accusatory and belittling. He tells us that God can never love us and forgive us, so why bother trying.The opposite is true. Jesus died for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8). God loves us that much.Learn to identify God's voice. It speaks of grace, love, and forgiveness. Learn to identify Satan's voice and repudiate him. Ask God for protection from Satan's attacks. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you God's love and allow yourself to soak in it.Living a surrendered life is the most rewarding life. It is both healing and very fulfilling. It places God first, other's second and you last. It blesses you and those around you and brings glory to Christ.I recommend a small book called The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. It tells of how a humble 18 th century monk was able to glorify God in the smallest and simplest ways. It gives meaning and purpose and shows that we can be happy in all that we do.Blessings,Dunamite

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(maark;27151)
I also suffer from depression too, so I know how you feel... but when I get that way, I always try to remember Isaiah 41:10So even in my darkest days, when I'm suffering from my depression and it feels as though nothing can help me, Christ is there right beside me, lifting me up from my pain and suffering, and offering me a way to overcome the despair in my life.

maark

Nov 6, 2007
Thanks guys, depression feel like God’s way of bringing me back to him from the world; it’s hard to see the light when it’s all foggy thou.God bless all

yearegods

Nov 18, 2007
(maark;27161)
so what can i do or pray
I had a long post to send you with plenty of good info and a lot of verses for you to meditate on that I believe would help you in your determination to return to the Lord, but unfortunately, it would not post. So this is my 2nd try, and well worth it if it is a help.First, let me confess that I too was once backsld. But I have returned to the God of my salvation and you can too. It is not easy, it is not fun, it is not without trials and temptations, but it is WELL WORTH all your effort.The verses you mentioned in Hebrews also haunted me as I found my way back but I can tell you the enemy will keep drawing you there as long as you let his condemnation stay as your main source of contact with the Word. There are plenty of reassuring verses that you can focus on instead but you must remain aware that is not God that condemns us but our own consciences, powered by our guilt and shame and the enemy's reinforcing our condemning thoughts. God has always called out to His backslidden children and why? So He can condemn us? Hardly.It is very important to remember both in your present state and in the future, that it is God Who saves us and went to the pain of having Jesus assure our hearts that we are written in the palm of God's hand, the sheep of His pasture and so on, and not anything we have or have not done on our own. There are those who would remind us that once backslidden we on our own, but that is not true, and it is UNSCRIPTUAL to think or to say. It is up to us to fight the good fight of faith, as Paul said, and even more important as we struggle with our consciences. Remember that it is written that "If our heart condemns us, He is greater than our hearts." (I John 3:20) Here are some verses you might want to meditate on when you are feeling "depressed", or more like it, "oppressed" by either conscience or the enemy's taunts:John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (have you ever stopped believing in Him? I think not. Are you part of the world? Of course you are)Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Are you "present"? Were you "created", a new man at salvation? Then even you cannot separate yourself from the love of God, can you?) Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Can this possibly mean that only if we "go and sin no more" we are justified and saved from wrath? If so, then NO ONE living is saved, for "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" and that is not just before we first repented or else all else He has written is questionable. You yourself know that all Christians occasionally miss the mark (sin) so then, how can any be saved if you can't?) Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (In both the KJV and the NKJV, the words "should be" are additions of the translators and not in the original text, so this verse should by rights read "That being justified by His grace, we (are) made heirs according to the hope of eternal life". You see, even Bible translators have trouble believing that God is greater than anything else, our consciences included. So it is with us once backslidden ones, and so it is that we have to fight the fight of faith even more diligently and with more difficulty than those of His children who either think they have not, or, perhaps, actually have not backslidden from the faith even once.)I pray for you, my suffering brother, that you will be restored to the joy of His salvation, that you will see with the rest of us returned ones that it is not only possible by the grace and mercy of God to return, but that He actually and truly does desire our return even more than we do. May the God of our salvation convince you that you are loved and desired by Him. May the joy of His salvation be returned to you as your mind is stayed on Him.Please let me know you have read this and also if there is anything I can do to encourage you as you fight this good fight of faith.

maark

Nov 6, 2007
Thanks so much for this encouraging message, so it's very trying time for me at present.God Bless.